Simon Kenton 54 Shelby County 28

Score at halftime was 23 - 17 I believe. Looks like SK ran away in the 2nd half. I'm surprised Shelby only put up 28. They looked so strong in regionals last year.

Sounds like SK played real well in the 2nd half, congrats to Coach Stowers and his team. Shelby County hasn't had a regional tournament win since 2010 when they upset South Oldham in the first round on SK's homecourt, the year before they split with Collins. This could be the year they advance in the 8th Region tournament since the split.

Sounds like SK played real well in the 2nd half, congrats to Coach Stowers and his team. Shelby County hasn't had a regional tournament win since 2010 when they upset South Oldham in the first round on SK's homecourt, the year before they split with Collins. This could be the year they advance in the 8th Region tournament since the split.

Or, SK threw lots of bodies at Shelby and they wore down in the 2nd half.

I'll be curious to see the tape. Heard SK forced lots of turnovers, but only converted a small percentage.The last group had problems finishing as well. This could be a reason why the final score was in the 50's. I can't find a box score either.

I'll be curious to see the tape. Heard SK forced lots of turnovers, but only converted a small percentage.The last group had problems finishing as well. This could be a reason why the final score was in the 50's. I can't find a box score either.
I believe that the home team usually is relied upon to call in the box score to any newspapers. I am sure Coach Holland wasn't real anxious to do so after a disappointing loss. As a coach myself, I can sympathize a little bit if that is the case.

Were you not there?

I believe that the home team usually is relied upon to call in the box score to any newspapers. I am sure Coach Holland wasn't real anxious to do so after a disappointing loss. As a coach myself, I can sympathize a little bit if that is the case.

That may be the since this was in the local paper two days earlier :

Shelby girls picked to win region | SentinelNews.com

That may be the since this was in the local paper two days earlier :

Shelby girls picked to win region | SentinelNews.com

A retraction may be in order. Yes, it's only game one of the season for both teams, but Simon was impressive for an opening game. It looks as though lots of tools are in Coach Stowers' tool box this season - plus they are young and going to get better. Shelby is learning a new system, so it's safe to say they are evolving and will steadily improve. The last laugh is always the best one, so it should be an interesting year for these two teams.