Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Lafayette 64 Mason County 59
I agree with you about the pollsters. I questioned their low ranking early on. I really didn't think they had all those "question marks". If they continue to win and improve they will be a threat to win the 11th.
-
BGP Boys State Rankings 01/20
I was going by the thread which is evidently wrong. I am not kidding about Catholic's schedule, I don't think it has been that difficult thus far. Where are their quality wins?
-
Franklin County 51 Woodford County 49
Great game plan by Kirk and Woodford County. They obviously watched what Lex Christian did Monday. The Flyers need to figure it out because they will continue to see this type of defense.
-
Trinity 62 St. Xavier 46
The Rocks just keep Rollin!!!!!!!!!
-
BGP Boys State Rankings 01/20
Doc I know you and Les have this love/hate thing going, but this argument could be made about a few others that are in the top 20.
-
BGP Boys State Rankings 01/20
Corbin not being in the top 20 is laughable. Only two losses, and have played a quality schedule. I would argue that their schedule to date is better than Lexington Catholic's. Corbin beat Clay Co. at their place by 10, Lex Cath squeaks by Clay by 2. If LC "is definately top 10", then Corbin should be top 10.
-
BGP Boys State Rankings 01/20
Who has Shelby Valley played to date?
-
Mid-Season Report
He is a very good player, but statistically I would agree with your post. I'm sure he is very frustrated (I read it was tendinitis in both knees). I wonder if playing year round has some to do with that.
-
Lexington Christian 72 Franklin County 58
I really liked Evans' game. Anyone know what colleges he is considering? I heard Transy is very interested.
-
Lexington Christian 72 Franklin County 58
I knew he was Haney's assistant, but did not know he was the architect. LCA is very well coached. I'm just surprised Hall fell into their game plan as he played for LexCath middle school grades 6-8. I know there was a big push for him to attend Catholic.
-
Lexington Christian 72 Franklin County 58
LCA successfully sucked FC into playing their game by midway through the 3rd quarter. FC tried dribbling through the 2-2-1 press and was turned over on back tips. 19 turnovers for FC with Hall and Jennels tallying 14. More patience and better passing are required to beat Tommy Houston's version of the Danny Haney system. Credit LCA coaches for a good game plan and their players for executing the plan.
-
Corbin 70 Rowan County 53
Sometimes you have to win ugly, I think it is the sign of a good team. Hope you guys make it to Rupp!!!!
-
Who's #1 in the state?
I can't disagree that they could challenge, but if they overlook Tates Creek or Lafayette they may not make it out of districts. The draw for that district will be interesting.
-
Who's #1 in the state?
Where will the 7th region be played?
-
Who's #1 in the state?
Could you please elaborate as to your reasoning with Lex Cath. I have not seen them play this season, but am very familiar with their personnel. On paper it would appear that they have all the pieces of the puzzle, but who have they beaten thus far. Looking at their scedule I see no "quality wins". Granted their schedule is what it is bacause of the Lexington public schools boycott which other schools in the Bluegrass area seem to follow. I think this could hurt them come toutny time. They do play Scott County soon and this will be a measuring stick. Yes they have won region two years straight, and I am not counting them out, but again, I don't see any big wins thus far.
-
The state's best player?
I agree with this post.
-
The state's best player?
You have Justice in the top 5, I think Hall is a better player than Justice. His team has improved since the J Town game. That game was very early on their schedule.
-
Franklin County 79 North Hardin 53
Not bad for a middle of the road 11th region team.
-
Franklin County 79 North Hardin 53
Vance Hall with 30. FC players all seem to be accepting their roles. No question Hall the best player on the floor.
-
Clark County Robbie Stenzel
I'm pullin for GRC to win the 10th. I'd like see Robbie and his boys compete in Rupp.
-
BGP State Rankings 1-12
I agree they are legit, and only young grade wise. I pretty sure Shutte and Martin are middle school redshirts (both will probably turn 19 during their senior year). They may a a few more redshirts as well. My point being they have very mature juniors with experience. I expect they will get some quality wins as the year goes on. I think part of their problem is many schools will not play them because of the public/private thing, which in my opinion is a real shame.
-
BGP State Rankings 1-12
- BGP State Rankings 1-12
I agree with this post with the exception of the Corbin loss. In my opinion Corbin has a very nice team. FC played them in the finals of the Cumberland Falls Invitational at their gym. No excuses, but the deck was a bit stacked against FC as their games leading up to the finals were tougher than Corbin's as well as playing them at their house in FC's third game. Corbin is very well coached and fundamentally sound, they play hard and may be deserving of a top 20 spot. Again not making an argument that FC should be top 20, as they are undersized, and undermanned having lost 5 out of their top 6 players to graduation last season. FC does have alot of fight and consistently play hard. At 13-4, and having been competetive in every game, I think it says that they are well coached, and have a decent program.- Franklin County 75 Shelby County 57
He did not play. I'm sure he would have made a difference, but would he have made that big a difference. I'm told he played on Hall's AAU team this summer as a reserve. Bottom line is the refs didn't steal this one from Shelby. They simply got outplayed. Hall was the best player on the floor, Beckly would not have stopped him as Hicks and Johnson double teaming didn't help. If Beckly had been available they could gave tried triple teaming, but that would have resulted in assists for layups.- Franklin County 75 Shelby County 57
Vance Hall has been around for a while, same work ethic, same game. He just doesn't get the hype that Johnson and Hicks get. Johnson and Hicks tried double teaming Hall tonight and couldn't stop him. I was not impressed with either of Shelby County's stars. Niether can play defense. Let's face it, FC is a middle of the road 11th region team. FC lost 4 starters to graduation. - BGP State Rankings 1-12