Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Christian 72 Franklin County 58

Featured Replies

Lexington Christian outscored No. 12 Franklin County 23-10 in the fourth quarter en route to a 72-58 victory. Will Evans led the host Eagles with 25 points, Branden Burdette had 18 and Evan Stephens added 16. Vance Hall scored 18 for the Flyers.

LCA successfully sucked FC into playing their game by midway through the 3rd quarter. FC tried dribbling through the 2-2-1 press and was turned over on back tips. 19 turnovers for FC with Hall and Jennels tallying 14. More patience and better passing are required to beat Tommy Houston's version of the Danny Haney system.

 

Credit LCA coaches for a good game plan and their players for executing the plan.

For the record, Coach Huston was an architect of the 2-2-1 with Coach Haney.

For the record, Coach Huston was an architect of the 2-2-1 with Coach Haney.

I knew he was Haney's assistant, but did not know he was the architect. LCA is very well coached. I'm just surprised Hall fell into their game plan as he played for LexCath middle school grades 6-8. I know there was a big push for him to attend Catholic.

I think a big issue was that FC hit no threes that I can remember in the 2nd half. It is hard to beat any zone if you go cold from outside. Also, hitting threes would have forced LCA out to the wings to guard thus opening up the lanes for drives. Other than that, I think LCA has a nice team...good floor balance and good athletes. Only thing for the long haul is I didn't see much depth, which could definitely hurt them if especially Evans gets in foul trouble.

I really liked Evans' game. Anyone know what colleges he is considering? I heard Transy is very interested.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.