Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Players at the next level.
I agree 100%.
-
Ballard 67 Scott County 62
Reload with more transfers? The well is just about dry. Although they do have some good young players in the system.
-
Jarrod Polson
Polson is real fast!!! Is he as fast as John Wall?
-
Jarrod Polson
I agree with you that affordabilty comes into play. To me academic fit and goals beyond basketball mean alot as very few will make a living playing ball.
-
Jarrod Polson
This is correct, but academic scholarships and financial aid for those who qualify can help out big time. The quality of education at Transy and Centre are very high. folks that graduate from these two colleges typically go on to be very successful.
-
BBA - No Accountability
Looked like Patterson touched it before Wall.
-
BBA - No Accountability
Brother I'm just stating facts, I got alot more important things to worry about than a basketball game. I got payroll to make every two weeks, debt to pay off, college tuition to pay for three kids all of which I plan on getting off the payroll in the next 8 to 10 years. Dogs to feed. Turkeys to hunt soon. A fishin trip to take in two weeks. Food plots to plant. Grass to mow soon. Getting my golf game fine tuned. Taxes to pay by April 15th............You want me to go on???????
-
BBA - No Accountability
Sorry I did not see the ref make that call yesterday at the game. That 4.9 seconds seemed like an eternity!!!
-
BBA - No Accountability
I will agree that this could be missed because it was missed, but let me say this, the Franklin County buzzer beater call was not near as close as the UK/Miss St buzzer beater call. I was in attendance at both games. In the FC game, the ball was at its highest point, in front of the backboard, before the light came on. The ref out top called the basket no good, and all three exited immediately. At the UK game the ball was not far from being out of Big Cuz's hands. At the UK game no immediate call was made, the refs got together and then went to the replay. IMO the FC call was obvious and it was missed. Now we could review film all day long and look at subjective judgment calls that were called or missed that would have changed the outcome. Every basketball fan knows that you get some judged against you as well as some in your favor. In the FC game it is my opinion that with the technology in place at EKU, excluding replay, the correct call should have been made at the end of regulation with three refs on the floor. It was a horribly missed call, and everyone in the gym knew it including the folks that came out on the good end of the deal.
-
BBA - No Accountability
- Corbin 65 North Laurel 42
Congratulations to the Redhounds. I like ya'lls team. Good luck at Rupp!!!!!!- Instant Replay
I would be in favor of using technology where available to aid there refs to make certain calls. All the rule would have to say " is that replay may be used where available to help refs in specific situations". After all, we live in a society where change is our culture. In the case of the 11th region game between Franklin Co and Henry Clay, replay would have helped get the call right, although I don't think it was needed. This call was blatently missed. The ball was inches from hitting the backboard before the backboard light lit up. At least two of the refs were in position to make the call. One artical in the Herald referred to these officials as "The three blind mice". There is no excuse for these guys missing that call. The KHSAA need to seriously consider their poor performance in determining their future in refereeing future high school games.- Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43
so what you are saying is it doesn't really matter who won that game because Lafayette would beat either FC or HC. Would you please come down to Franklin County and tell the kids on the team that it didn't matter. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! Based on your justification the game didn't need to be played. You bolded comment is a Joke!!!!!!!!- Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43
I assume you are an official or are associated with the KHSAA officials somehow, but I've been attending Sweet 16's for 15 years straight and have seats 3 rows off the floor. I could almost swear I've watched this guy ref sweet 16 games although not in the last few years. In any event I could be wrong. Just check out http://www.ckysports.com or http://www.vimeo.com/9929282. Each shows a diffient angle. First string shows a really good angle and a slow mo that tells the story.- Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43
I just watched the CKY sports replay as well as First String Media's filming of the game.....hold on I have to go to restroom:puke:......I feel a little better now (I'm sure only temporary relief). I know I am beating the proverbial "dead horse", but it wasn't even close!!!!!!!! The ref that called no basket should be held accountable by the KHSAA. I've seen this guy ref many times and in the Sweet 16 as well. This call was so obvious I can only conclude that this ref has totally lost his edge. It was so bad, the only explanation can be that this ref is totally inept. The KHSAA should ban this guy from officiating high school basketball all together!!!!!!!- Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43
Can't disagree with the bold, but they did get in that position, came back and won the game. The thing is this call was not a "phantom foul call", not a charge/block call, it was not a "judgement call" that could have gone either way. The technology was in place to help make sure the buzzer shot gets called right. It was blown. We will see ifthe KHSAA is a performanced based organization. If the ref that made the call, refs games at the Sweet 16, then they are not. It will prove that the KHSAA is not about accountability, they are a "good ole boy organization".- Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43
Everyone in the gym knew the last shot by McKee from FC was good. Sort of a different feeling leaving a game having lost on the scoreboard but having this weird satisfaction knowing without a doubt that the call was blown at the end. With the light on the backboard it was clearly evident live as well as on the replay that the shot should have counted. I saw this happen once before to I think Hoptown at Rupp a few years ago. All I can say is Pathetically Unbelievable!!!- Franklin Co/Henry Clay updates
Clearly a blown call by the refs at the end. The replay clearly shows the ball as good. The ball was on the backboard before the light came on. A photographer has a still picture of the ball in the net before the backboard light came on. It was a no brainer call, problem was the refs had no brains.- Job Openings
I don't know any details about the Dunbar situation, but I do know that one person alone does not build a program. From what I have witnessed the coach at Dunbar is very good. His kids seem to play hard, and he is a good bench coach as well in my opinion. Maybe the problem is he doesn't have unified support from boosters, or "soldiers" in the system that help with the younger kids and the feeder system. I do know that this type of support is what makes programs successful. Ask Lexington Catholic.- Job Openings
Are you talking about the answer being Coach Wise from Frankfort High or Chalk from Franklin County???- Vance Hall...."Player of the year in the 11th "
No question about this. You add that to the fact that his box scores are better than any other player in the 11th, and you have a "no brainer" pick for this honor. Nikeman49, Ten other players better than Hall in the 11th??? Are you kidding me????- Vance Hall...."Player of the year in the 11th "
Congratulations to Vance Hall who was named player of the year in the 11th region as voted on by the coaches!!!!!! Good things come to those that work hard, never complain, and always have a positive attitude. Vance you are all of that. Best of luck with all you do!!!!!- 11th Region Draw
Henry Clay is definately the favorite in this one. I think the folks from FCHS should take your advice and get a little tougher regular season schedule. It could pay off in the post season. I think the pressure is on Scott County to win this region. After all they should be the favorite. They start four kids that transferred to Scott Co after their freshman and sophmore years. They have another kid in the rotation that moved in after his 8th grade year from an adjacent school system. This is a team that has a collection of talent that should win the 11th and compete for a state championship.- Any rumors on region realignment for the future?
Check your region 8. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Shelby County was splitting next year when the Martha Layne Collins high school opens. I'm sorry now that I've posted I see you have that taken into account.- Franklin County 45 Woodford County 44
Third straight district championship, 24th consecutive district win, 3rd straight 20 win season. Congratulations Flyers!!!! - Corbin 65 North Laurel 42