Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jarrod Polson

Featured Replies

Does anyone have any info as to where he will attend college? I have heard Centre and I heard Georgetown College came to watch him play last night. Some school somewhere will benefit from having him on their team. I was just wondering if anyone might know where he will end up. Any info will be appreciated.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched him 3 times this year-very impressed, can take over a game if he needs to but also plays within the team concept.

Jarrod is a very smart kid and was in the Governors Scholar program last summer. I know he visited schools like Butler, Ill have to look up the others. I do know he does not plan on going to a public school.

He needs to be in the Mr. Basketball conversation as well!

 

I agree! He also had a great Sweet 16 tourney last year! It will be interesting if West Jessamine and Shelby Valley wins their first games, Polson Vs Justice, my money would be on Polson.

 

I had to opportunity to have him play for us in a few tourneys last year, as I mentioned above he could not play in the summer due to the Governors Scholar program.

 

Not sure if anyone remembers this from last year, but he was the MVP of one of the Sweet 16 games, after he was handed the award he walked over to the bench and gave it to a teammate. He said that the teammate deserved it, if it wasn't for him we would have lost. He is a great young man all around!

  • Author

I agree as well. Carried his team to a final foul appearance last year and if he and Elisha can guide their teams to a first round victory they will face off in round 2.

  • Author
Jarrod is a very smart kid and was in the Governors Scholar program last summer. I know he visited schools like Butler, Ill have to look up the others. I do know he does not plan on going to a public school.

 

 

The Governor's Scholars is at Centre, correct? It was at Centre's team camp that I heard Centre was a possibility. For my own selfish reasons, I hope he goes there so I can continue to watch him play.

The Governor's Scholars is at Centre, correct? It was at Centre's team camp that I heard Centre was a possibility. For my own selfish reasons, I hope he goes there so I can continue to watch him play.

 

They have it at a few schools, but I do recall that his session was at Centre, and from mid to late June until late July.

 

I agree, it would be nice to see him play around here. But I just think he is a player for a bigger school. He will do well on and off the court wherever he ends up.

  • Author
They have it at a few schools, but I do recall that his session was at Centre, and from mid to late June until late July.

 

I agree, it would be nice to see him play around here. But I just think he is a player for a bigger school. He will do well on and off the court wherever he ends up.

 

I think he belongs at a bigger school as well. Regardless of where he ends up, I can see myself traveling to see him play.

 

When West Jessamine won their second game of last year's Sweet 16 he posted a triple double or close to it. While being interviewed after the game he thanked his teammates picking him up in the game because he said he didn't have a good game that day.

While being interviewed after the game he thanked his teammates picking him up in the game because he said he didn't have a good game that day.

 

That is the game he gave away his MVP award. And he had a good game too, this just shows how much of a team player he is.

Does anyone have any info as to where he will attend college? I have heard Centre and I heard Georgetown College came to watch him play last night. Some school somewhere will benefit from having him on their team. I was just wondering if anyone might know where he will end up. Any info will be appreciated.

 

Whatever school gets him, they are getting a winner. To do what he has done for his school's program over the past two season is saying a lot about this young man. Keep us posted.

I agree! He also had a great Sweet 16 tourney last year! It will be interesting if West Jessamine and Shelby Valley wins their first games, Polson Vs Justice, my money would be on Polson.

 

I had to opportunity to have him play for us in a few tourneys last year, as I mentioned above he could not play in the summer due to the Governors Scholar program.

Not sure if anyone remembers this from last year, but he was the MVP of one of the Sweet 16 games, after he was handed the award he walked over to the bench and gave it to a teammate. He said that the teammate deserved it, if it wasn't for him we would have lost. He is a great young man all around!

 

Jarrod is a great kid and competitor. Actually i don't think he ended up attending the GSP due to an illness. I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure this is what he told me. Not playing in the summer has probably hurt him, hopefully he have another great performance in the Sweet 16 games that he appears in. He has a very high BB IQ, Knows how to get to the basket, and does the small things to give his team a chance to win.

I agree, how could he not get a look at Mr. Basketball. Mr. Basketball is based on the best HIGH SCHOOL basketball player in the state. Notice I put high school in caps because I believe some people base votes for how the player will be at the next level. Polson may not be a D-1 player, but he is one of the best 5 or 6 high school players in the state of kentucky. He was one of the best two or three in the sweet 16 last year. I still believe he is a mid major type player. How many kids in the state can take over a game like he can. I would say you could count them on one hand.

I agree, how could he not get a look at Mr. Basketball.

 

I just got off the phone with someone who said Polson is in the mix with Justice. If both of their teams win their first game next week they will face each other, will it come down to who does better in that possible 2nd round match up?

  • Author
I just got off the phone with someone who said Polson is in the mix with Justice. If both of their teams win their first game next week they will face each other, will it come down to who does better in that possible 2nd round match up?

 

Wow. Great news. I think most of us down here in the 12th region can vouch for how great of a player he is.

 

I would think that if both teams make it to round 2 and they face off, I would not be at all upset if the point guard from the winning team won Mr. Basketball. Chances are the winning team will be lead by Polson or Justice and I think would stamp a say so in who should be Mr. Basketball. I have seen Sewell, Justice and Polson play and I love Justice's game but I have seen Polson more and my bias towards Polson leans heavily in my choice. I definitely think Polson and Justice are the most deserving of the award and I would love to see Jarrod Polson walk away with the award. Honestly, I am just glad I get to watch him play high school ball for at least one more game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.