Everything posted by letabrotherspeak
-
Holmes 67 Elliott County 57
Are you serious? The guy that ran by Pittman hacked and bumped which ultimately resulted in the spin move...should have been a foul on the floor. They got payback on the phantom walk call a possession later I think? Cant come down and turn it over like they did. I guess EC is looking to cash in all of those remaining timeouts they walked off floor with? Holmes held EC to 20 pts below their average. Holmes has 5 guys who can guard...Chris Knipp was defended....which often doesnt happen with everyone else getting attention. EC is just not a very good defensive team. They could have fed Pittman all day in the post one on one against Knipp. Ethan Faulkner is a player...NKU is getting a steal. Ferguson great career... Great season and story for EC.....congrats. Holmes has one more to play and have not won anything yet. Exorcise the demons from 1978, boys.
-
Holmes 72 Lexington Catholic 56
Not impressed with Holmes defense? Are you serious? Literally locked up Sanford and that frosh up. Threw away the key. Dont see Sanford as major D-1 player. Dribble-drive-floater..
-
Holmes 72 Christian County 61
http://www.ihigh.com/video_882718.html Click the video and you get to see the dunk. Also has the post game pressers on there.
-
Elliott County 83 Lewis County 61
Any truth to the fact that EC was eating lollipops and playing with cell phones on the bench prior to the end of the games? I heard it was bad the other night against Ashland. Any truth to this? Where did they play Anderson last?
-
Mason County 51 Clark County 43
He is thick from the waist down. Size 18 shoe. Still growing...may get to 7 feet. Has a nice skill set for a kid his age...improved leaps and bounds as season wore on.
-
Holmes 32 Boone County 29
What people don't realize is that winning the 9th Region is one of the hardest regions to win. A bunch of teams, some really good coaches. How can you not like the job McQueary has done despite some people trying to run him off. He has done a great job. All the biggies play each other, and all teams do a really good job of scouting each other and taking away things you like to do. In addition you now see a shift in officiating in my opinion...they are calling it like a college game. They are looking for advantage-disadvantage stuff and simply not calling fouls. High school kids arent good enough overall to score with contact. A lot of hand-checking, a lot of bumping off screens, a lot of body contact being allowed on drives...high schoolers just arent good enough to score through that. When Holmes gets to state, things will open up some. Scouting will be different and you may get a better whistle. But defense is constant. Both teams got after it tonight on defense and each possession became very precious. Good matchups all over the floor...impressed with Boone tonight. Boone gave a whale of an effort...Holmes just had enough...and that is all you need this time of the year. I thought the crowds tonight were outstanding. I thought after the first game it would thin out...but it grew...I would say close to 6,500 to 7,000. Too bad they ran out of food at some of the concession stands. Food didn't run out in my suite though. I agree. I think the tardy whistle was the major issue there. Agreed. Great crowd...hand to hand combat defense...tight game to the finish.
-
Holmes 32 Boone County 29
If Holmes plays Elliott they will have over 30 at the half....Elliott simply chases the ball on defense. They do not lock you up.
-
Holmes 47 Newport Central Catholic 38
I don't know which guy got the foul but the kid directly behind him swatted down with both arms and had no path to the ball. That is going to get called every time. You have to protect the player in that situation. Do I think there was intent to harm, no that would have equated to a flagrant foul.
-
Holmes 47 Newport Central Catholic 38
Pittman's dunk got them a little momentum... However, the killer was the mini run Holmes went on after the intentional foul call on NCC which Pittman converted for two free throws and then a basket off the possession and then added 3-4 more to make it a three possession game. At that point NCC had to rush a little and were off the mark. In regards to the call, it was the correct one. Even though the kid made a play on the ball, you can't hack a player from directly behind with two hands and place the offensive player in a perilous position particularly going straight at the basket. Overall, I thought it was a well officiated game both ways.
-
Scott 67 Calvary Christian 48
The Eagles did what they needed to do...win. Next up the always tough Mustangs. Congrats to Scott coaches and players.
-
Franklin County 52 Frankfort 26
I think people need to recognize FC. I think they have a shot at coming out of the 11th. They need the bracket to go right for them, but I think they can give Scott County a real run for their money.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
I'm talking about excuses for Arnold. He has a reputation for losing his cool. Teams will go after him, try to provoke him possibly, but that is smart. If one can't keep their composure, use it to your advantage. Holmes should be happy with a 21 point win. They move on. Nothing to be down about the victory.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
Holmes beats crosstown rival by 21 points and some are not happy. Wow. The games between these two are rarely pretty. Many thought HC would seriously give Holmes trouble, and even Ryan Ernst suggested in the Enquirer that Holmes could lose this one. Didn't happen. Holmes won BIG.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
Here come the excuses. The kid threw it at Giwa, he got caught. He has done it over and over all year. Arnold's fault, no one else's.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
People all have made excuses for the kid all year long, saying that the kid was young and immature. I can see it happening a couple of times and excuse it for youth. But to see it time and time again and it happens in their biggest game of the year? Come on Wake Up America. It is a problem and youth and immaturity is not a valid excuse. I would suspend the kid a game, but if I recall correctly, they have already tried that. I don't know, but I bet the excuses will be coming for the kid. Back to the game. I am glad I got their early and got to sit with a few of my HC friends in the Billionaire's Row. I thought that Holmes early shooting and getting to the front was important. HC missed free throws but they have all year, so that is not too surprising. They had some good looks but Holmes pressured the ball pretty well and I think they really made Giwa work. Give the Bulldogs credit, it was a tough place to open a district and they won in big fashion.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
Holy Cross...Gone fishin'
-
EKC Meeting
Nice. You think the whole deal was to avoid EC, or do you think it was to do what was equitable for all parties involved considering there was nothing in the contract as to how to handle a three-way tie?
-
EKC Meeting
Almost unfathomable to see someone have the temerity to question or bash the efforts of the Hall of Famer Gary Kidwell. This man has spent the majority of his professional career to giving back to kids and finding ways to promote kids. In no way would he try to pull some shenanigans, especially with the EKC. Obviously, the people from Bath don't think it is a joke, because of how they are reacting to it. If it doesn't go there way, people want to take ball and go home. Quite obvious Elliott Co deserves the EKC hardware.
-
Holmes 55 Simon Kenton 47
Holmes does not have any depth and can not afford to get into foul trouble. I think many built this team up more than what they really are. They have the best talent in the region, but have not been very good. I saw where they beat a decent Conner team very handily, but tonight's score should be worrisome for Bulldog fans. If I were a Holmes fan I would be really concerned with Holy Cross next week.
-
Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting
LOL...good catch.
-
Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting
I think you will see the 10th move back to Mason for two years and then possibly over to Montgomery County.
-
Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting
Understood, from what I have been told it is 40k to 25k boys to girls. Title X issue?
-
Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting
I dont think they can do that in one session. The last few years I have attended, only the finals was near capacity. The uniqueness of the event may attract a few people.
-
Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting
Isn't the finals a $12 dollar ticket? That is steep. Heck Sweet 16 tickets are that much.
-
Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting
From what I can gather, the 9th Region is getting 65K from the BOK for hosting the tourney there. 40k for the boys and 25k for the girls. I may be off 5k or so but that is the crux of the deal. The money will be divided amongst all teams in the region. I believe there are 24 schools in the region that will collect. Each non-participating region school will get a $500. The region qualifiers will get more and then it will be based on a percentage as they advance. That was the deal struck. Anyone think BOK can pull 65k from the 9th Region alone? Is this too good a deal for the region to turn down? Was it a bad decision?