Everything posted by RNCSportsaholic
-
Paintsville's Landon Slone to UK
I do not know if this is true or not, but I heard that Slone went on a visit to UK last Sunday and played in an "open gym" against some of the UK current players and played very well; and by this I mean very, very well. After that Coach G offered him a walk on position.
-
Slone Impressive!!
This is the last thing I am going to say about this: Henderson gave Slone a lot of praise after the game and Slone did the same about Henderson. I doubt it was much of an issue or Henderson would have not been so quick to praise Slone by comparing him to a player who now plays for UofL. He grabbed a jersey. Let's move on. Henderson and Slone have.
-
Stock Up/Stock Down
Stock Up- Eastern Kentucky Schools Paintsville, Elliott Co., and Hazard played well this year.
-
D1 Players in KY
NAIA
-
Slone Impressive!!
Who's hasn't. :lol: I'm sure he wishes he could have those 25 seconds back but I just didn't want people to get the impression he gave Henderson a cheap shot or anything along those lines. In fact Henderson had some really good things to say about Slone after the game, and Slone also paid compliments to Henderson.
-
Slone Impressive!!
But yet here you are in a thread about Slone saying negative things about him, I didn't see but so what if he grabbed a jersey? It couldn't have been too harsh or a foul would have been called. I really think whatever he did was a non issue. Let's just end this, its not doing anyone any good. He is a great player and works hard, I think everyone should wish him nothing but the best. I know I want every kid from Kentucky to go to college no matter who they play for.
-
Should the "Player whose Name we cannot say" have been Suspended for the Finals?
3...2...1....
-
Mason County 57 Holmes 48
I agree, their press wasn't much but their half court defense was by far the best of the week. Mason Co. just dominated the boards.
-
Slone Impressive!!
I do not know where he is going to end up but wish him the best. He has done nothing but be a great team player, hard worker, and has shown he can play with some of the states best on the biggest stage. I think if walked on at UK he could in a few years actually help out. If nothing else he would push other players to get better in practice because he has an outstanding work ethic. Put him in a D-1 work out program and he would get much quicker and stronger. He WANTS to be a better basketball player.
-
Best Teams not to win Sweet 16?
1996-UHA
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
6'7''
-
Best Teams not to win Sweet 16?
Wasn't LC undefeated in '98 until they played Paintsville on Paintsville's senior night? Then they got upset by Dunbar in the finals of the region? They would have met Paintsville again in the first round if they had made it. I think it was '98, not sure though.
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
MC is killing them on the boards.
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
I'd say the count is around 75 right now. :lol:
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
Monster dunk by Henderson.
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
If I hear "Eraser" one more time the TV is going on mute.
-
Best Teams not to win Sweet 16?
Can someone explain to me what happened in that game.
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
Middleton doing a nice job of taking Henderson off the dribble, that surprises me.
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
I do not know the refs name but he called the Holmes Paintsville game and made about 85% of the calls in that game and he is off to great start tonight. MC-9 H-5
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
4-0 MC Timeout Holmes 6:01
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Updates
Pittman in the starting line up for the first time. No score after the first minute of play.
-
State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Predictions
I was really impressed with their half court defense. When they pressed Paintsville, we shot layups but the half court defense was a different story. Paintsville took care of the ball fairly well but it was a complete struggle to get open looks. They have what it takes to win a championship great defense and a very deep bench.
-
Best Teams not to win Sweet 16?
Paintsville '97,'98 Had VanHoose and Tackett. Lost to Highlands in the semifinals in 97 and lost to Scott Co. in the finals of 98 after Tackett left the game with back problems.
-
Holmes 61 Paintsville 53
First off, Congrats Holmes and good luck the rest of the way. Second, Paintsville is not a dirty team, the first intentional foul was not an intentional ,just a hard foul on a break away. Bundy was clearly going for the ball and when two players are going full speed there is going to be hard contact. Paintsville missed a lot of free throws that is unusal for them and din't shoot well for what they usually do. I know most of it was because of Holmes defense but we did miss a lot of open looks, too. Good luck Holmes. Congrats Tigers on a great season, Congrats to Coach Runyon on a wonderful 27 years. He put Paintsville on the basketball map.
-
Holmes vs Paintsville Predictions
J-Town had 22 second chance points, so Paintsville defense didn't kill them it was our lack of blocking out that gave J-town so many easy buckets. Like I have said before I haven't Holmes play but very few gave us a chance against J-Town but we still played great and got the W.