Everything posted by Scratch0141
-
Simon Kenton / Anderson Co.
Have seen both teams play and will give SK the slight edge but they let their guard down and they'll be watching from the sidelines
-
Is Niemi out at Ryle?
As a parent of a ball player from another school that has several scrimmage games at Ryle, I have always thought Coach Niemi did a good job and some times as a parent you have to back the coach. I know some of the kids that play there and they are not always as talented as their parents think they are. As parents we want to think our kids are better than they really are. Some of the kids at Ryle need to have the silver spoon pulled from their mouths and get a good swift kick in the BUTT. Maybe some of the parents need the same thing.
-
Simon-Kenton vs Grant County
Need some input on this I think SK by 20.
-
Grant County 69 Walton-Verona 67
Just want to say to the seniors thanks for the memories. Even though this was a losing season it was your only one. Thanks to Josh Tungate, Reggie Hensley, Curtis Burch and Preston Wombles for sticking it out while alot of others didn't. Thanks Josh for proving that with hard work and dedication you could be a starter on anybody's team.
-
Grant County 69 Walton-Verona 67
Great game just turned out wrong for the Bearcats. Stats Howe 33, Tabor 18, Riley 9, Sharp 4, Mason 3, Livingood 2. WV Tungate 19, Daugherty 10, Lynn 9, Jones 8, Sommers 7, Hensley 6, Wombles 6, Roberts 2. That's a wrap.
-
Carroll County 65 Walton-Verona 55
Final. CC McMahan 23, Miller 22, Stark 6, Roberts 5, Williams 4, Riley 3, Welch 2. WV Hensley 19pts rebs 18, Tungate 13pts 9rebs, Jones 8, Daugherty 7pts 3rebs, Lynn 4, Roberts 4. That's it for the regular season, get to play at least one more. I hate seeing the season end this way!
-
Carroll County vs. Walton Verona
Hope your right, but i'm not holding my breath.
-
Carroll County vs. Walton Verona
Will CC sweep WV this year also or will WV salvage Senior night. Walton can win against these guys if they play well. But I just don't know if they will show up to play or just show up!
-
Walton Verona vs Gallatin County Round 2
Easy Cat, just had to stir the pot a little to get the ball rolling. I think it'll be a good game. But I still don't think GC will win by double digits.
-
Walton-Verona 60 Ludow 51
I know WV fans can get a little carried away as can Ludlow fans when they go into other gyms there has never been any love lost between the 2 schools they are just 2 small schools doing the best they can. I do think Penick's Dad was a class act, I know he did come up to 23 Tungate and shook is hand on a good game, and that goes further than any fan can say or do.
-
Walton Verona vs Gallatin County Round 2
Should be a good game. If they control Davis Ithink they can win this one. Frank and Josh should have a good game and throw in a good mix of Josh Roberts and this one could go in the win column.
-
Walton-Verona 60 Ludow 51
I thought Penick played alot better in the 2nd half and it was very possible he had that many boards. But, I thought he tried to do it all and did not give up the ball when he should have to teamates. It always seems ref's do protect the favorite sons in their paticular regions. He could of easily fouled out especially when he almost mugged Tungate under the basket in the 2nd half and got a no call. But this is all history now and we won. Let's look forward to a good game tonight and another WV win! GO BEARCATS!
-
Walton-Verona 60 Ludow 51
Good win for WV they moved the ball well and didn't commit alot of TO's. Let it get a little to close in the end but hit their FT's to close it out. I thought Kyle Lynn had a nice game and hit two much needed 3's. Hope 2 in a row can help tonight against Gallatin County. If they play as good MTM tonight this could really be a good game.
-
Walton-Verona 52 Owen County 51
Waltons game with Anderson County for tonight 2/18 has been canceled due to weather in Anderson County. Game will possibly be scheduled for Monday. That means possibility games on M,T,W and F next week.
-
Walton-Verona 52 Owen County 51
WV 54 OC 53 I posted the score wrong but we still won by one heres points don't have the rebounds. Tungate 21, Daugherty 10, Jones 9, Hensley 5, Roberts 5, Lynn 2, Burch 2. OC Smith 14, Hamilton 2, Downey 2, Toole 15, Sutherland 6, Kermicle 4, O'Toole 10. I didn't get a total stat on everything.
-
Walton-Verona 52 Owen County 51
Walton played better tonight still to many turnovers. Tungate had 21, Daugherty 8 not sure on rest of scoring. Tungate had 4 threes and only missed 1 FT. Frank was covered tight all night and had to get most of his points off th FT line. Reggie hit the last second shot to win the game and Adam Sommers recovered the last pass thrown by Owen to seal it for the Bearcats.
-
Walton-Verona vs Owen county
Hopefully the big men can dominate the inside. The MTM defense seems to be working better for WV by forcing more TO's if they can only convert. I sure hope Reggie is able to go full strength by Friday. If Frank and Josh can get their usual points we should make a game out of this one.
-
Walton-Verona vs Owen county
Anybody have any thoughts on this match-up. Walton won the last meeting at WV. This is one team that WV matches up to. I think this game is to close to call. Owen might have a slight advantage since the game is at Owen. What do you think MO or CAT I need some expert opinions.
-
Oldham 70 Walton 50
The game was almost more than any fan could take. There were no shining stars in the second half. If we could hit layups and FT's we could sure stay in some games. I do have to say one thing Josh Roberts has been coming off the bench and playing some good minute's for WV. Doesn't matter if the ball is at his feet or over his head he always seems to get the job done!
-
32nd district pairings
Tabor can still score at will he was the main reason they smoked us the first time.
-
Oldham Co. @ Walton
If they play team basketball they may keep it close, if they play give me the ball so I can throw it up in the air they will be blown out again!
-
Oldham Co. @ Walton
The way WV is playing this year it really doesn't matter. What would you say? I just don't think they have a chance tonight. I hope they prove me wrong.
-
Oldham Co. @ Walton
Oldham by 20. Walton will play Grant County in the 32nd District tournament.
-
Carroll vs Walton
Hey cat I hope you're right. Putting pressure on CC is something they don't handle real well either. With the different defense I think WV will force more TO's in this game. Carrol has still got a good inside presence but nothing that our big men can't handle. I think this one will be the WV by 5. I'll see you at the game though you probably won't know who I am. Look forward to seeing our big men break it loose tonight. GO WV.
-
Walton-Verona 65 Lloyd 56
Just hope WV can keep it together, they have forced more TO's in the last 2 games then they have had all year. Kyle Lynn has looked better, he had 5 clutch FT's in last part of the Lloyd game. Reggie needs to stay out of foul trouble and play most of the game with Frank and Josh. Frank and Josh are probably in the game 30 minutes or more each. They have both been playing very well and doing their share of the scoring and rebounding. Reggie seems like the ref's tag him with alot of cheap fouls early and results in him being on the bench way to much. Sure would like to see all 3 of the big men have a big game at the same time. Roberts is proving to be very valuable coming off the bench and giving the big men some rest, although he is shorter he sure plays big.