Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carroll County 65 Walton-Verona 55

Featured Replies

Final. CC McMahan 23, Miller 22, Stark 6, Roberts 5, Williams 4, Riley 3, Welch 2. WV Hensley 19pts rebs 18, Tungate 13pts 9rebs, Jones 8, Daugherty 7pts 3rebs, Lynn 4, Roberts 4. That's it for the regular season, get to play at least one more. I hate seeing the season end this way!

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Walton came out with alot of heart and got to a good start, had a lead and then lost it to some really bad calls such as the T on the coach for something somebody in the stands said. It gave Cc the momentum and let them right back in the game. I have a couple of things that really was sad to see last night.

 

1, Senior night in your home gym and the student section for Walton got out cheered by one little section of CC fans and this was throughout the game not just when we were down. (it was one of the sadest things I have ever saw) not to mention when the seniors in the girls game came out they did not stand or cheer for them at all. Just no class for Walton on senior night.

 

2, the refs or I should say the ref, the old man that refed last night was horriable and did not get a call right the whole night and that is for both teams, if you where there you know what I mean. He should have to retire he can not even get up and down the floor let alone see anything to call.

 

3, The team and coaching in general, I really do feel sorry for this team because they have no chance to play there game. If you take a shot and miss you sit the bench, you are told what kind of player you are and how to play even if it is not right and does not fit your game. the coaches are limiting the players and not allowing them to play. The coaches need to take a look at the JV team and see how the play loose and have fun, and win. you can not play and have fun when you are pulled for missed shots, and constly told that you are horriable and never get a good job good game nothing it is no wonder this team loses they do not want to be there with these coaches period.

funny how this group of kids for the most have always had a winning seasons playing together, maybe the underclass coaches understood keeping heart and soul into the players and adjusted their game to the kids they had on the team

IMO the problem doesn't fall with coaching it falls with Walton's fans who cannot evaluate a teams talent.

What do you think about it catfanatic.... You are usually the most clued in on all walton topics

talent isn't all thats concerned , waltons fans atleast some of them know the talent ,but is it being used the best ?

I will say that I haven't always agreed with the coaching decisions this season. With that said, I also think that it is a cop out to lay the blame solely on coaching. This team has never gelled the way some people, myself included, thought they should. There is a player or two who I really thought would step up and take a leadership role, but instead have stayed in the background. I know for a fact that there were players, as recent as last week, who were considering turning in their jerseys. I am not talking about bench players, I am talking about starters. I knew this was going to be a season of struggle for the Cats, you don't lose three players like they had last year and not miss them. However, even with low expectations, I have been very disappointed this season. These kids don't seem like they want to be there, they are flat out not having fun on the court. As far as where to lay the blame, I think you could spread a little of it all the way around.

As for this game, the better team won. Period. It was nice to see a couple of the seniors, Hensley & Tungate, have nice games on their senior night. Not much to say, good luck Tuesday with Grant.

Blame the coaches all you want......

 

Your wasting your time. The talent pool just isn't there. Everyone got spoiled after a couple seasons of good basketball.

talent isn't all thats concerned , waltons fans atleast some of them know the talent ,but is it being used the best ?

What talent? There is maybe one or two guys on this entire team he would even see the floop ANYWHERE else in Northern Kentucky.

I thought Walton came out with alot of heart and got to a good start, had a lead and then lost it to some really bad calls such as the T on the coach for something somebody in the stands said. It gave Cc the momentum and let them right back in the game. I have a couple of things that really was sad to see last night.

 

1, Senior night in your home gym and the student section for Walton got out cheered by one little section of CC fans and this was throughout the game not just when we were down. (it was one of the sadest things I have ever saw) not to mention when the seniors in the girls game came out they did not stand or cheer for them at all. Just no class for Walton on senior night.

 

2, the refs or I should say the ref, the old man that refed last night was horriable and did not get a call right the whole night and that is for both teams, if you where there you know what I mean. He should have to retire he can not even get up and down the floor let alone see anything to call.

 

3, The team and coaching in general, I really do feel sorry for this team because they have no chance to play there game. If you take a shot and miss you sit the bench, you are told what kind of player you are and how to play even if it is not right and does not fit your game. the coaches are limiting the players and not allowing them to play. The coaches need to take a look at the JV team and see how the play loose and have fun, and win. you can not play and have fun when you are pulled for missed shots, and constly told that you are horriable and never get a good job good game nothing it is no wonder this team loses they do not want to be there with these coaches period.

Not sure where to start. Blaming the refs is just about as bad as blaming the coaches. COP OUT. Look for anyway out of it. Face the facts, Walton is just not good. There is minimal to no talent here. It's not about playing loose and having fun when not more than 2 guys are even varsity material. Frank and Hensley and possibly Tungate are the only ones who are bonafied VARSITY players. The rest of the team would struggle making a JV team somewhere.

 

You are so off base when you put down the coaching its amazing. Honestly, sit there and watch a game, and watch the talent out there. Its awful. Just because you play Varsity baskteball you think you have earned something. You haven't. This isn't JV basketball anymore people. Wake up. You can't just show up and expect to play well.

I would also like to say Congratulations to Hensley and Tungate. Tungate,from what I've heard and seen, worked harder than anyone else in the off-season. He got better and stronger. If you want to compete on the varsity level, get stronger. Tungate went out and did that. Hats off to you.

 

Reggie, you deserved better. You deserved a better year. Hopefully it's another lesson learned. I still enjoy watching you because you play so hard.

What talent? There is maybe one or two guys on this entire team he would even see the floop ANYWHERE else in Northern Kentucky.

 

Apparently, the 8th Region coaches agree with you, MO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.