Everything posted by RebelK
-
Southwestern vs. Boyle
What???? Who are you? Do I know you? I will not predict on this or any game. I will say that Boyle is cooking on all burners and if they don't come home with a win, it won't be because they didn't give it their best shot. I can't even begin to tell these kids how very proud I am for the year they have given us. Oh sure, they lost a few but those were all to good teams and they gave each of them (minus one) all they could ask for. These kids have walked out there on that field game after game and tried to keep their heads up and I know how difficult those times were for them. For showing us that pride is worth everything, I tip my hat to each and every one of them. This is one year I will always remember and it will remain in my heart for a long time. This will be the first time (or at least for a long long time) that our family won't have a REBEL on that football field. I will always remember some of the difficult times these kids went through and how they picked themselves up and went out there on that field with a boatload of REBEL PRIDE. I hope that we come home with a win next Friday but if we don't, I couldn't think of a group of people that I'd rather we lose to. Good luck to both teams next week. May each of our kids play the game with a heart full of goodwill and may there not be any injuries to any of those fine young men out there on that field. May God watch over them now and in their lives to come and may he keep all of them forever safe. GO REBELS
-
Boyle Co. 27 Marion Co. 15
Shirts, sweatshirt, jacket, gloves, hat, 2 pair of socks and three blankets and I am still cold. The only thing that kept me from freezing last night was the FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!! I was really impressed with our whole team last night. I also thought (and this is about the first time I've ever said this) that the refs were about as lousy as I've ever seen and I've seen plenty. If I can see some horrible calls from the stands then it's obvious that the refs didn't want to see them. I think these seniors have taken a bad situation and have stepped up to the challenge. What I think the difference is now, than it was for a few games is, IMO, they appear to be having fun. Can't wait to see our SW friends next week and please see if you all can get some warm weather for this Rebel fan. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Boyle Co. vs. Marion Co
Make enough money for some football road trips:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Boyle Co. vs. Marion Co
o-kay here's my secret (but only cause I like you) type in the Boyle - then drag your mouse back over the word (this will kinda highlight the word) then click on B (bold) then (leaving the word highlighted...go up to the size and drop it down to the larger size and click it....then got to A (right next to the size) and drop that down and pick out your colors. Have I totally confused your yet? If so, then I'll tell you tomorrow how to do it....
-
Boyle Co. vs. Marion Co
Oh there is always a small fee isn't there??? See if you can get one of those "smarter than their father" children of yours to see if they can send it to hoehead or Mrs.Hoehead. See you tomorrow night.
-
Boyle Co. vs. Marion Co
I'll just take a win - score doesn't matter. Hey Rebel, remember that picture you took after the game last Friday - could you please e-mail one to me. GO REBELS:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Coaches Cursing: Does It Bother You?
I cannot fault someone for doing what I do sometimes. I have spent time in confession for saying words I shouldn't say. I don't think you have to cuss a kid to get his attention. If that's all you have to go with, as a coach, in order to get your point across, then perhaps you need to work on your coaching. If you slip up and say some cuss words, then who among us cannot say that we've done the say. What I have a BIG problem with is when you cuss a child. Not cuss around him but actually cussing a child. There is never any reason, IMO, to cuss any child in any situation.
-
Boyle County 16 Russell County 8
:thumb: :thumb: You will never hear a "true" Rebel fan ever say anything like this. Every team that steps out on a field deserves to be on that field. The title "THE ALMIGHTY REBELS", to be quite honest, is a title that offends me as a REBEL fan. Every kid that has taken the time to practice and go out on that field each friday night, whether it be Boyle, Marion, Danville, Highlands, St.X...etc...etc...all deserve to win if they play good enough to win. There seems to be quite a lot of "putting down Boyle" but you will never hear any Rebel fan on this site ever say anything bad against another team or any of their individual players. Let these kids play and whoever comes off that field with a victory (whether it be Boyle or the other team) is the team that should have won.
-
Boyle County 16 Russell County 8
NOT. I think we'll just keep right on giving it our best shot and see what happens. Last time I looked, we were that bad and I can't understand that not normal remark....not normal compared to past teams? Well good gravy...there are a lot of teams that aren't normal if you had to compare yourself to the last 5 to 6 years from Boyle County. I don't mean to sound pitty but you have to take the "Boyle is so bad" quotes and take them as a compliment. I have watched football for a lot of years and I can't ever remember hearing as much glee as I have this year with the Boyle season. Oh well, win or lose, these kids have proved way more to me than any team ever had. They have proved that they can still make a decent showing while having so many "nay sayers" against them. They have shown me so much heart and for that I will always have to have a special place in my heart for this team. If these kids can still walk out on the field with their heads high after all they have been through this year ---- then I think there isn't anything they can accomplish if they want it bad enough. GO REBELS:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Boyle County @ Russell County?
That's about the first sane thing I've ever heard you say in your life I don't know how I'll do it...but I will be listening to the game while we are at dinner. I've wanted a chance to listen to Steve call the game this year and I finally get my chance. :banana: :banana: :banana: Super, Rebel likes to lead...so just humor him and let him take the lead on the Rumble:banana: :banana: GO REBELS!!!!!!!!I
-
Boyle County @ Russell County?
:banana: :banana: :banana: I won't be at the game - so once again you will have to dance with Super. MrRk is taking me out to a nice dinner....he doesn't know it yet but he is:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Boyle County @ Russell County?
Oh heck. I really thought you meant Rebel.....and I was so looking foward to this activity:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-
Boyle County @ Russell County?
After last Friday nights performance I am once again wondering why on earth Tamme was pulled for the QB position before the season even started. I don't mean this to be, in anyway, taken as a slap on the QB that has been starting. He does what he is told to do and he has stepped into this situation and has made it as good as he could. It was just so obvious to "most of us" that Grant gave this team a much needed lift, just like he gave them last year, and I am just so sorry that he wasn't allowed to provide that lift for the entire season. My thoughts on friday nights game - ROLL ON BOYLE:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
The misunderstanding over the District Titles has already started
Saturday morning, would someone please tell me where I am to be on the following Friday night:confused:
-
The misunderstanding over the District Titles has already started
CHOO CHOO :banana: :banana: :banana: GO REBELS
-
The misunderstanding over the District Titles has already started
Not being the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes;) I give. Could someone explain to me who is what and when will they be what they think they are, and how will they get to be what they want to be:D
-
Boyle 68 Taylor 26
I've always thought that pulling Grant from the QB position has always had something to do with the attitude that this team has had. I can't speak for them but it seems that to have their starting QB pulled before the start of the season would be a hard thing for some kids to overcome. It's not as if Grant isn't a good QB and this is his senior year. I, along with a lot of other people, could not figure out why this was done. I was speaking to another fan today and we both were speaking about how the appearance of Grant seemed to bring such joy to all. Those kids, last night, seemed to play with as much enjoyment as I've seen all year. I think the seniors stepped up and what a game they all had:thumb:
-
Mercer 64 Lloyd 14
I truly hate to do this but I just can't help myself :thumb: :thumb:
-
Boyle 68 Taylor 26
He and Perry shared the duties last night and it was great to see #5 on that field last night:thumb:
-
Boyle 68 Taylor 26
Plenty of fireworks tonight and I was soooooooooooo happy to see them. This team is jelling at the right time. Tamme really gave this team a much needed lift tonight. It was so easy to see that not only was the team thrilled to have him back, so was the fans. It was so nice to see these kids enjoy themselves on the field. These kids have played so hard and have taken so many "most not deserved" knocks and it is a pleasure to watch them have a good time. This defense is rocking and they are so much fun to watch!!!:thumb: The offense will only get better and I see more points going on the score board in the following weeks.:thumb: It's been easy for people to slap this team down this year and I will admit that I have wondered the reason behind most of it. They played a good Danville team up to the last minute and could have won that game. They played Laffayett up to the last second and could have won that game. They played a decent game against Mercer County. Look what these teams have done. Danville just lost their first game of the year last night. Mercer hasn't lost a game. And what did Laffayett do???? They beat a really really good Henry Clay team. Boyle County has had their down moments but they have played a good schedule against some really good team and haven't lost those games by many points. This team has gone through so much this year and most of it not by the players makings. This team has played their hearts out in conditions that most teams never have to face. So I will just leave my thoughts of the day here - Boyle deserves a little bit more respect than has been given to them and I for one will say that no matter what the end of the season record is, this team will always have a special place in the hearts of this family:thumb:
-
Taylor Co. at Boyle Co. Predictions and Talk
It might not be going through Rebel country this year - sure wish it were. I will say this....I will root for SW for every game with the exception of one game:banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Taylor Co. at Boyle Co. Predictions and Talk
According to a interview in yesterday's Advocate, Pardue plans on playing Tamme. He didn't say in what position but IMO it should be in the position that he was in last year when he took this team 11-2. The defense is cooking and if we could get something "different" going on offense, I think we can make a good showing. Whatever record this team ends up with at the end of the season, I know one thing, I couldn't be more proud of them. The have overcome so much this year and they are still out there each and every week giving it their all. You really can't ask much more than that from these kids. GO REBELS
-
Boyle Co. 14 Marion Co. 6
Oh we always have room for more. There are some of us who wouldn't leave those stands even if we were getting the fire beat out of us but then that's just us old rebel fans:D I know that being a head coach, in any program, has to be a headache but I can't figure out why Pardue doesn't call the offensive calls himself. He, and maybe I'm bias, has such a brilliant talent for calling the offense, as we all saw when he was coaching under Smith. Anyone can say whatever they want about this team, and they have;) but one thing they can't say is that these kids don't give it their all. Just watching them come out on that field and start their warm-ups is a true joy. Some of these kids are young but there is so much talent there that will just be so much fun to watch in the next few years!!! I think our seniors have stepped up and are being true leaders. Knowing that this is their last year hurts my heart. I would have wished a better season, but in life we don't always get what we want, and perhaps this is a lesson that will guide them through out the rest of their lives. And who knows what will happen in the coming games. I will have to say this - no matter whether we lost to you or if we beat you - you got a game out of some pretty terrific kids who have all shown us all that their love for this game is more important than the questioning of us fans. And for that I say to each of them - thanks for teaching ME that lesson.:thumb: GO REBELS
-
Boyle Co. 14 Marion Co. 6
I suppose I have just never seen it called enough or if I had, I wasn't aware of what the call was. I totally agree with the call. The center is in a vulnerable position and should be protected, as is the punter. Now for the QB. I have a hard time understanding why the QB isn't part of the play and should take his knocks just like anyone else. I'm not talking about any illegal hits, that's totally uncalled for, but sometimes I think roughing the passer is called way too much. I also suppose if I had a QB out there on the field, I would totally disagree with me and you have every right to.
-
Boyle Co. 14 Marion Co. 6
Could someone please explain the penalty that Boyle received when they called roughing the center, when Marion was punting the ball. Has this always been a rule or is this something new that I've never heard of? :confused: