Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

stickymitts

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by stickymitts

  1. "Solely clueless dads"...never said that. I clearly stated that they don't have the time to go over every scenario. I KNOW this team is coached by a parent, my guess is that this parent knows baseball. However, Sparky Anderson wouldn't have the time to go over this with these kids. I suggest you re-read what I wrote. I never once commented on the kids and their effort. You're putting words in my mouth. I know EXACTLY what goes on at fall ball, which is my point. Yelling "BALK" when it is not a balk is a legitimate baserunning technique? Tom Emanski missed that one. And again, you put words in my mouth by calling the coach a "classless jerk". I did not say or imply that. I said he simply did it to win a fall baseball game. The initial poster has zero bearing on my opinion. I'm sure everyone's opinion would change if Myerhoff pulled his "steal second running toward right field" bit.
  2. Yeah, because that's what I said. Again, unrealistic expectations of a parent coaching kids in the fall, for reps. It has nothing to do with the score or scoreboard. It has to do with an overzealous coach going for the all-time fall baseball wins record. Ironically no one is hammering the coach that pulled the stunt for not knowing the game. He wasn't teaching his kids either, but you'll let that slide because you think it's all about winning.
  3. So a dad that's coaching a team for kids to get reps should make sure his kids are aware of every scenario in the game? They're probably getting together once, maybe twice a week. Be realistic. Because this isn't high school, college or MLB and it IS fall ball; it is bush. The other coach did it for one reason and one reason only, to win the game. That, to me, is worse than the coach that didn't have time to teach his kids the rule.
  4. Then the umpire doesn't know the rule... Rule 8.05(d) The pitcher, while touching his plate, throws, or feints a throw to an unoccupied base, except for the purpose of making a play;
  5. Fellas, it is not a balk. The rule states you can not throw to an unoccupied base UNLESS there is a play at that base. A pitcher can kick and step to third as if he's trying to pick a runner off, as long as the runner on second is heading to third. You see the pitcher step off the rubber only to run toward the baserunner.
  6. The bush part of the play is yelling "balk" in the middle of it. However, because it is fall baseball it encompasses all of those types of plays. You know this but fall ball is for reps. More at bats, some extra innings on the hump...etc. I have no idea who coaches this team but what are the chances that this fall coach has time to go over all of these scenarios with his kids. I think those are unfair expectations of the coach. That play is for one thing and one thing only, to win the game. Is that the point of fall baseball?
  7. My problem, fall ball...
  8. QB Charlie Riley and also one of their top 3 defenders and running backs, Mike Covington. The "CHUCK, CHUCK, CHUCK" chant after the game was AWESOME! A few things this Holmes team does different than in the past. Back to back turnovers on their own 15 and 20. No finger pointing, no excuses. The defense told the 'O', "We got your back." And they did, 0 points. Nothing phased this Holmes team, coupled with the fact that this was their first game back from a bad loss, it showed their character. Plus, it's a great night of football when you win plus get a "God Bless America" AND "Gosh Dangit"...:lol:
  9. I was yelling to kick it but he wouldn't listen...:lol::lol:
  10. This thing still working?
  11. I tried to make a tackle on Scott's third down play in OT...
  12. Thanks!!! Raiderbird swears the TV adds 30 lbs....
  13. First HHS/CCH game I've missed since the early 90's. Saw a much better game at Holmes tonight. It's tough to see 11 hours away......
  14. Ditto. Didn't look good though. I like this Holmes team. Good kids...
  15. Depends on how he defines "everyone"...
  16. The kid hanging on to the ball: "With the price of gas so high, Dad said we need to combine trips..."
  17. INTERCOM: bluebirdsandwildcats, Principal Leatherneck and Assistant Principal DMZ would like to see you in the Principal's office... Oh, and pack a lunch...
  18. I'm going to be honest, I didn't even read the article...
  19. If disagreement is what you were going for, you missed...
  20. I thought it was a lighter...
  21. The kid in the picture looks like he's afraid he's going to break that thing. Hell, we should take that to away games. Ballgame could put it in his pocket and replace his "towel" with that thing...
  22. Wrong state for baseball to be year round, but I get your point...
  23. I don't think Holmes defense gives up 35 to Scott. Unless, of course, they turn it over 7 times deep in their own territory. Holmes wins, don't know by how much and don't care. Just win...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.