Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fletch

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fletch

  1. Lexington Christian is 5-2, beat Raceland, and played a tougher schedule. They should get in ahead of Raceland.
  2. I guess what I am saying is, both are considered good teams who have played a tougher schedule than most Class a teams. Yet, the best indicator of how good they really are (head to head) isn't factored as a high as hypothetical situations seems to be. "Team A wouldn't have the same record as Team B if they played the same schedule." "IF they played tomorrow, Team A would beat Team B." I know it's hard to rank the teams and that the AP Poll goes by record only. I also realize upsets happen, but my question is this. If Beechwood beats Holy Cross by say 20 points, is that a bigger indictment against Holy Cross or against Newport Catholic who lost to both teams close?
  3. I'm not sure but I don't think Bellevue was 5-1 and Beechwood 2-5 following the game. I see what you're saying about upsets but sometimes a win is called an upset based more on last year as opposed to how good the teams really are this year. I'm not saying HC should be #1 and NCC #10, but I think HC at #5 and NCC at #7 isn't too unbelievable of a scenario, based on their on-field play in 2006 and nothing else.
  4. Mason wins tonight. Coach Buchannan is one of the best coaches when it comes to preparing for a big game.
  5. It will likely be resolved at graduation in May.
  6. I meant to vote this week and forgot. How is Lone Oak ahead of Webster?
  7. Based on what they did last year? I realize that HC's schedule isn't quite as tough as NCC, but their one loss came to a decent Simon Kenton team and they also beat a pretty decent Holmes team in addition to several others. They also won the head to head game, which for some reason, doesn't seem to matter much in polls these days because people are too hung up on past history and preseason expectations. It's not a knock against BGP but I've seen several times where teams won the head to head game and stayed ranked behind the team they beat.
  8. If it involved some of the issues that are surfacing in Henderson County such as verbal abuse, withholding water, etc., then I could see why a meeting like this would take place. If it's about the W-L total or about their son not playing as much as daddy would like, then it's bush league -- even for Boyle Co.
  9. I still don't understand how a 5-1 HC team that beat NCC is ranked below a 2-5 NCC team.
  10. Never follow a legend. Follow the guy that follows the legend.
  11. That sounds super. Any sports program that is considered a traditonal power in any sport should have a web site that's just as good.
  12. You're right. I meant to say 'it would be like having Boyle in the top ten.' Either way, Boyle doesn't belong in the top ten just as Newport Catholic doesn't belong in the top five and ahead of a team they lost to.
  13. Someone has an axe to grind. Ask Elizabethtown if Belfry needed to throw a pass to win the state title a few years back. :lol:
  14. That's a good post Dino and I agree with the facts laid down. However, you were correct in saying that Rockcastle has played a weak schedule in the past and fared well in the postseason. Johnson Central just hasn't done that and if it's another quick exit, the schedule has to be overhauled. Any word on who JC may be adding to the 2007 schedule?
  15. Mayfield beats the higher classes and stays behind Newport Catholic, who loses to the upper class teams. They lost by two touchdowns to a underachieving Ryle team, lost by three touchdowns to CovCath and only beat an unranked Newport team by 20 points. NCC should be in the 6-8 range behind Danville, Beechwood, Bardstown, Mayfield, and HC.
  16. What about 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 :lol: Just wait for the book :lol:
  17. I think Newport Central Catholic is getting bonus points for what they did last year. Kind of like having Boyle Co. in the top 10 in 3a, based on the past. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and say that Newport Central Catholic just isn't as good as predicted. And I don't see how they continue to be ranked ahead of HC when they couldn't beat them.
  18. Belfry wins going away. Belfry 39-13.
  19. Anytime there is a local rivlary game, knowledgable people are interested in who leads the series, how many games they have played, who has been winning in recent years, etc. Maybe the article should have said Johnson Central has won xxx games in a row, but Paintsville still leads the series 20-13. If Johnson Central led the all time series, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
  20. I understand how bitter rivalries work. I've been involved with a few more bitter than this one. If Paintsville leads the all time series, and the numbers they printed were a fact, what's the problem? You're questioning a fact about the series.
  21. I never brought Rockcastle into the equation. I think Bell County wins the region again. I've just read several JC fans defending their schedule, and quite frankly, I can't see it. Never said a word about Rockcastle.
  22. 118?? That's terrible. That's why Johnson Central will have a tough time winning three playoff games.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.