Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Class A Rankings

Featured Replies

Heres the current rankings:

 

1) Danville

2) Beechwood

3) Bardstown

4) NCC

 

Click here for the rest of the rankings!

 

IMO, I find it hard to believe NCC is still at #4 and ahead of Cov Holy Cross. If anything, they should be in the 8-10 range with Cov Holy Cross just a notch or 2 ahead of that. I also can't see Somerset being deservant of a top 10 ranking, based on what they've done year to date..Not saying they won't improve and move themselves into that spot, but, what have they done to merit it now..

What does everyone else think? Are the rankings about right? If not, what would you change? Who would you add or take away?

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I think you are leaving off a very Good Raceland team. You can say what you want but Danville is a 2A school playing 1A football( my opinion has no right in 1A). Frankfort playing in possibly the worst 1A district in the state.Pikeville also has a very weak district this year. Don't forget about LCA they are a very good team also. Paris and Bath Co. are no slouches either.

You can say what you want but Danville is a 2A school playing 1A football( my opinion has no right in 1A).

 

Explain?

 

I think Mayfield should be #4

  • Author
Wow I think you are leaving off a very Good Raceland team. You can say what you want but Danville is a 2A school playing 1A football( my opinion has no right in 1A). Frankfort playing in possibly the worst 1A district in the state.Pikeville also has a very weak district this year. Don't forget about LCA they are a very good team also. Paris and Bath Co. are no slouches either.

 

I'm not leaving them off...This is the BGP latest poll

  • Author

I agree with you Austydak on LCA...I believe they should be in Top 10 right now

I am sorry I was under the impression that the 2 or 3 years ago Danville played as a 2A team. I looked and saw that I was wrong sorry for the bad post.

  • Author

I think Mayfield should be #4

 

I'd have the Cards at #3 right now, behind only Bardstown and Danville...

I think Newport Central Catholic is getting bonus points for what they did last year. Kind of like having Boyle Co. in the top 10 in 3a, based on the past. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and say that Newport Central Catholic just isn't as good as predicted. And I don't see how they continue to be ranked ahead of HC when they couldn't beat them.

Mayfield should be ranked #3 or #4....not #5......they play one of the toughest schedules in 1A........and look what happens when they play a school their size......

Mayfield beats the higher classes and stays behind Newport Catholic, who loses to the upper class teams. They lost by two touchdowns to a underachieving Ryle team, lost by three touchdowns to CovCath and only beat an unranked Newport team by 20 points. NCC should be in the 6-8 range behind Danville, Beechwood, Bardstown, Mayfield, and HC.

Its that Guru guy, he is from NKY and is manipulating the voters, I am going to call for a investigation :laugh:

Wow I think you are leaving off a very Good Raceland team. You can say what you want but Danville is a 2A school playing 1A football( my opinion has no right in 1A). Frankfort playing in possibly the worst 1A district in the state.Pikeville also has a very weak district this year. Don't forget about LCA they are a very good team also. Paris and Bath Co. are no slouches either.

 

 

What are you crying about? Danville is a 1A school with 1A numbers. How do you evaluate classes? I think it's a 5 team race with the ADS,Holy Cross,Beechwood,Bardstown, and Mayfield. I'm not sold on NCC.

  • Author
Its that Guru guy, he is from NKY and is manipulating the voters, I am going to call for a investigation :laugh:

 

I'm not blaming anyone, but, it does seem NKY 1a is getting a little too much credit for what they've actually done on the field...

I'm not blaming anyone, but, it does seem NKY 1a is getting a little too much credit for what they've actually done on the field...

 

Seems like we hear that sentiment every year until it comes to tournament time.

What are you crying about? Danville is a 1A school with 1A numbers. How do you evaluate classes? I think it's a 5 team race with the ADS,Holy Cross,Beechwood,Bardstown, and Mayfield. I'm not sold on NCC.

If you would have read farther don mercer I resended what I had said. Keep reading before you jump in.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.