Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fifthregionathletics

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fifthregionathletics

  1. KCD has more points than yards which is wild to me.
  2. Campbellsville wins big vs Bethlehem 47-21
  3. I haven’t seen Nelson up close yet, so no hard verdict there. I was on the sideline for Bardstown–John Hardin, though, and I came in expecting a dogfight. It wasn’t. Bardstown owned the night. John Hardin couldn’t stack first downs, and Carson Riley kept carving them up. Quick rhythm stuff, shots downfield, the whole menu. The Tigers stayed clean: few flags, crisp operation, no panic. I expected more resistance from John, and I probably undersold Bardstown. If they play anywhere near that level again, I’m rolling with the Tigers of Old Town by three scores.
  4. Gavin. Currently at Caverna. From Sarasota Florida I believe. Would be interesting, I heard Breeze would add to this roster.
  5. No specifics were given. But have also been told this is "false" information.
  6. Not that this region has been quiet at all, but hearing rumblings of some cracks in Caverna’s hardwood.
  7. Adair AD informed me last night they were announcing Thursday for boys and girls I’m sure that could change but I wasn’t told anything just sharing what I was told last night.
  8. Update: this announcement will now happen Thursday for boys and girls coaches.
  9. Have heard there is supposed to be some sort of official announcement today.
  10. Taylor County didn’t just win their opener, they pitched a 27–0 road shutout against Metcalfe Couty. Green County, meanwhile, dropped 56 on Grant County like it was a track meet in pads. The history leans heavy red as Taylor has owned this matchup the last two years by a combined 86–0, both games ending 43–0. Does the streak break Friday, or is it more of the same? Two dominant Week 1 wins. Eleven miles apart. Only one stays unbeaten, who ya got? And while you’re at it - who are the players to watch in this one?
  11. I am not overly familiar with Bell personel wise, so I can't say the Eagles will match them, but I do know Campbellsville's full of talent and the best talent might be on those offensive and defensive lines.
  12. Class 1A landscape feels like a tight little neighborhood this year. I think its Raceland, Campbellsville, KCD, and Pikeville. That’s the cul-de-sac where the conversation starts and probably ends. Outside of those four? There’s not much worth debating. Everyone else is playing catch-up while these programs look built for November. I'll be interested to see how Sayre looks in week 1 vs KCD. This matchup is less about the scoreboard and more about the measuring stick. How they hold up here will tell us plenty about what to expect from the Spartans the rest of the way.
  13. What most people don’t know is where the Eagles are strongest. Everyone points to the skill guys, the flashy weapons, and Kace Eastridge. But the truth is Campbellsville’s best unit is the one no one’s really talking about. Their trenches. Their offensive and defensive lines are the heartbeat of this team, and in a game like this, that matters more than anything else. It’s going to be won and lost up front — and that’s why this one feels like it could be a very, very good football game.
  14. I’ll chime in here. Last year, a student asked if I could do some graphic and video work for him for baseball. Video wasn’t really my lane, but I agreed — and told him I’d come to a few football games to practice and get a feel for it. I cleared it with the head coach, who connected me with the athletic director. They approved it and gave me a season pass. Once I started filming, I was told I could move around as needed, so long as it didn’t interfere with officials. I was on the sidelines, talking with players, and before long more of them were asking me to film their plays. Eventually, I was filming every game and putting together highlight reels. The players loved it. The school loved it. Alumni loved it. I didn’t make a dime, but the feedback and excitement it created kept me going. I even invested in better equipment out of my own pocket. The work gained enough traction that other schools reached out, asking for the same. Now, I’ve built an outlet — one I won’t plug here — and while I still don’t profit, I’ve picked up a few sponsors to offset costs so I’m not going broke doing it. Every school and program I work with has given me the same guidance: I have access as long as I’m not a distraction and I keep things positive. I get into games for free, sometimes get concessions or merch, and I’m open to eventually finding a way to generate some income. But right now, my goal is simple — to elevate the experience for kids in a region that doesn’t have TV crews or high-level coverage. The key has been communication. I work closely with coaches and athletic directors to earn the access I have. The work is respected and appreciated, especially since traditional print media often lags behind. Does it take a lot of my free time? Absolutely. Have I lost more money than I’ve made? Without question. But I believe if you’re doing quality work, staying professional, and keeping lines of communication open, you won’t have any issues — and the impact you can make is worth it.
  15. Thanks for the update. I saw him with one catch near the end of the 3rd to move the chains, it was a back shoulder up the sideline. Was just curious if he got much run before that and how he did. Kid is a baller and was a big player for Campbellsville last year. He came to Trinity to get some visibility and to try and have a shot at the next level, so I am hoping he has a big year.
  16. How did Campbellsville offense look without Cross Watson? How involved was Les Colvin in the offense? Who stood out to you on the defense? I don’t know a lot about Warren East but I know they played in some very tough and close games last year. Thoughts to the young man that was injured. Hoping it wasn’t anything super serious.
  17. Right now it feels like Raceland is 1A and Campbellsville is 1B. KCD is right there in the mix, but I don’t think they’re quite in the same tier. Yes, KCD beat Campbellsville last year but that was basically the bizarro episode of the season. Campbellsville turned it over inside the 5 twice, inside the 10 once, and didn’t have a kicker. This year, they do have a kicker, which means those “drive stalls” having to go for it instead of kicking, now turn into actual points. And again this is no knock on KCD. They’re disciplined, they’ll capitalize if you screw up, and they’ll be in every big game they play. Pikeville? Total mystery box right now. They were a little down last year, but they played a brutal schedule and lost to eventual champ Sayre. Speaking of Sayre, I think they take a step back this year. Newport Central Catholic? I have no clue what they return, but history says you never pencil them in as an easy win.
  18. Caverna just hired a guy who’s been everywhere short of coaching the Monstars. U of L, New Mexico State, Grand View, Manhattan, Trevecca Nazarene, Berry, Centre. His resume looks like a March Madness bracket. Now he’s bringing that to the Fifth Region?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.