Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 2025 Class 1A Pre-Season Rankings

Featured Replies

Class 1A
1. Raceland
2. Kentucky Country Day
3. Campbellsville
4. Pikeville
5. Hazard
6. Newport Central Catholic
7. Louisville Holy Cross
8. Sayre
9. Newport
10. Russellville

I wonder what happens here if Raceland gets beat by Ashland this week. 

I like that Top 10 matchup between Sayre and Kentucky Country Day.  I’m leaning towards KCD in the matchup.

Class 1A landscape feels like a tight little neighborhood this year.  I think its Raceland, Campbellsville, KCD, and Pikeville. That’s the cul-de-sac where the conversation starts and probably ends.

Outside of those four? There’s not much worth debating. Everyone else is playing catch-up while these programs look built for November.

I'll be interested to see how Sayre looks in week 1 vs KCD. This matchup is less about the scoreboard and more about the measuring stick. How they hold up here will tell us plenty about what to expect from the Spartans the rest of the way.

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

I wonder what happens here if Raceland gets beat by Ashland this week. 

Might depend on the margin. Kentucky Country Day and Sayre play each other but I'm not sure a win by either necessarily means they're the best team. In your described scenario, if #3 Campbellsville were to knock off Bell County, then I could see the Eagles jumping to the top. Bottom line, three intriguing ball games in week one.

18 minutes ago, fifthregionathletics said:

Class 1A landscape feels like a tight little neighborhood this year.  I think its Raceland, Campbellsville, KCD, and Pikeville. That’s the cul-de-sac where the conversation starts and probably ends.

Outside of those four? There’s not much worth debating. Everyone else is playing catch-up while these programs look built for November.

I'll be interested to see how Sayre looks in week 1 vs KCD. This matchup is less about the scoreboard and more about the measuring stick. How they hold up here will tell us plenty about what to expect from the Spartans the rest of the way.

I wouldn’t sell Hazard, Newport Central Catholic , or Louisville Holy Cross short just yet. 
 

Hazard will play Campbellsville, Raceland, then Pikeville. Hazard gets to play them all at home too. 
 

Louisville Holy Cross plays in the toughest district in Class 1A. There games were close last year with KCD before falling short. Campbellsville I believe clocked them last season but the score finished at 36-7.

New Cath has proven come playoff time they can beat you. They’ve have Campbellsville on the ropes both season. 
 

Fun times in Class 1A. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.