Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity at Springfield (OH) Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)

Who Will Impress More? 17 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Impress More?

    • Trinity
      88%
      15
    • Springfield (Ohio)
      11%
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Trinity Shamrocks will make the trip north on Saturday, August 9th for an 11:30 am scrimmage against the Wildcats of Springfield (Ohio) who are coached by Maurice Douglas who played at UK before an 11-year stint in the NFL. The Wildcats went 6-5 last fall and fell in the first round of the playoffs. They were the DI state runner-up to St. Edward in both 2022 and 2023.

The Shamrocks come in as the two-time defending 6A champions and beginning the quest for state title number 30. A lot of familiar faces are back for Coach Jay Cobb and the Shamrocks, including two-year starting QB Zane Johnson, as well as a plethora of other impact players all over the field.

Should be interesting to see how Trinity looks in this scrimmage. Not sure how it will operate but usually have seen these go where they play two or maybe three quarters running live but controlled. Another quarter, or a specified timed period, will be controlled reps with the backups and JV guys.

 

 

  • Replies 88
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My take after watching today’s scrimmage in person. Rocks will be fine. But very much a work in progress.    What I liked - WRs and DBs are going to be strong with depth. QB moves better t

  • From what I have watched so far the scrimmages reinforce my belief the Shamrocks are the team to beat.

  • #RockNation
    #RockNation

    To follow up from Monday, it seems Brennan Lowe, Luke Vize and AJ Hughes have all stepped up to get a majority of the reps at linebacker to complement returning starter Graham Botner. Lowe (son of Tri

Posted Images

I'll be interested in seeing how the Trinity defense reloads since graduated 8 top guys. I know they have talented guys coming up.

The Trinity Defense will be strong again this season.  With several studs returning on the D-line and the Secondary having 3 returning guys. Coach Cobb knows he will have another year where the team led by Defense.

On 8/2/2025 at 12:31 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

I'll be interested in seeing how the Trinity defense reloads since graduated 8 top guys. I know they have talented guys coming up.

Major kudos to Cobb and Michael Fox for getting so many guys reps last year while in the midst of injuries, competition, blow outs, etc. The DL of Frost, Thompson, Blue, Carney et al will pick right up where last year left off. The DBs are led by Allen Evans Jr. and Sonny Bratcher-Gray, as well as Myles Howze, Sekou Kamara and Elijah Burns-Crump. The real question is at Linebacker where the Rocks have to replace 3 of their top 6 tacklers from last year.

This is always a solid measuring stick for Trinity to start the year, as Springfield always seems to have athletes with outstanding speed. ☘️

On 8/2/2025 at 12:31 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

I'll be interested in seeing how the Trinity defense reloads since graduated 8 top guys. I know they have talented guys coming up.

Was actually six seniors not 8 of top guys.

IMG_7312.jpeg

I guess I am making two trips into Ohio for games. This one and to see Mighty Moe...Praying for good weather.

6 minutes ago, fatsnbul said:

I guess I am making two trips into Ohio for games. This one and to see Mighty Moe...Praying for good weather.

We expect full reports!

On 8/4/2025 at 4:03 PM, #RockNation said:

Major kudos to Cobb and Michael Fox for getting so many guys reps last year while in the midst of injuries, competition, blow outs, etc. The DL of Frost, Thompson, Blue, Carney et al will pick right up where last year left off. The DBs are led by Allen Evans Jr. and Sonny Bratcher-Gray, as well as Myles Howze, Sekou Kamara and Elijah Burns-Crump. The real question is at Linebacker where the Rocks have to replace 3 of their top 6 tacklers from last year.

This is always a solid measuring stick for Trinity to start the year, as Springfield always seems to have athletes with outstanding speed. ☘️

To follow up from Monday, it seems Brennan Lowe, Luke Vize and AJ Hughes have all stepped up to get a majority of the reps at linebacker to complement returning starter Graham Botner. Lowe (son of Trinity legend Thomas Lowe) was massive filling in for the injured Jack DeBellis in the '24 State Championship and also got a lot of reps throughout the year. Hughes also brings a lot of experience as a senior and Vize looks to be that next great Trinity LB with a mix of speed, agility and toughness.

6'5 Xavier McKinney (X transfer) really stands out in pads and I'm sure Fox and Nathan Leslie will mold him into that Arak McDuffy/Stephen Herron-type explosive DE that is so potent in this defense. JR KJ Watkins also appears to be getting reps in the secondary, which was scary good. Corner LA Evans looks like a freak and I'd be surprised if anyone even looks his way all year. 6'2 and very rangy, combined with 4.4 speed makes him the biggest impact guy on this team. The entire defense has that wow factor for sure! More to come after the scrimmage on Saturday. 

I am unable to watch the scrimmage live. I'm not familiar with Hudl. Will I be able to watch a replay later that day? Thanks.

Can LA Evans lineup as a WR too?

Just now, fatsnbul said:

Can LA Evans lineup as a WR too?

With a name like LA Evans, you should be able to do everything. ?

9 hours ago, #RockNation said:

To follow up from Monday, it seems Brennan Lowe, Luke Vize and AJ Hughes have all stepped up to get a majority of the reps at linebacker to complement returning starter Graham Botner. Lowe (son of Trinity legend Thomas Lowe) was massive filling in for the injured Jack DeBellis in the '24 State Championship and also got a lot of reps throughout the year. Hughes also brings a lot of experience as a senior and Vize looks to be that next great Trinity LB with a mix of speed, agility and toughness.

6'5 Xavier McKinney (X transfer) really stands out in pads and I'm sure Fox and Nathan Leslie will mold him into that Arak McDuffy/Stephen Herron-type explosive DE that is so potent in this defense. JR KJ Watkins also appears to be getting reps in the secondary, which was scary good. Corner LA Evans looks like a freak and I'd be surprised if anyone even looks his way all year. 6'2 and very rangy, combined with 4.4 speed makes him the biggest impact guy on this team. The entire defense has that wow factor for sure! More to come after the scrimmage on Saturday. 

I graduated with Thomas Lowe. It's great to see these guy's sons wearing the green and white. I wish I could've afforded my 3 boys the opportunity to attend Trinity. 

Excited for these athletes and their parents this season.

Does anyone know if the Trinity-Springfield game will be live streamed anywhere?

On 8/2/2025 at 12:33 PM, St. Matthews Boy said:
Just now, JohnWinger said:

Does anyone know if the Trinity-Springfield game will be live streamed anywhere?

It appears so from the link @St. Matthews Boy posted.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.