Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856
-
More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball
I am going to assume that whatever is going on is bad enough that the coach did not want it to go any further, which would be the reason for the resignation. I do wish someone would just come out and provide some specifics to whatever is going on.
-
Iowa State 82 Kentucky 63 (NCAA Tournament 2nd Round)
If Kentucky has any shot of pulling off the upset today, Chandler has to be hitting shots! Oweh needs some help, so either Chandler or Aberdeen (or both) have to step up and shoot the ball.
-
Kentucky 89 Santa Clara 84 (OT) (NCAA 1st Round)
I have been critical of Brandon Garrison all season, but Kentucky gets beat by 10 if it isn't for him today. He still made a few plays that made me scratch my head, but man, he ways huge in some really important times today in the game! If only he could make some free throws. Moreno is going to be good, but Kentucky has to ride with Garrison and Diaboute Sunday. They give them so much more athleticism compared to the two starting bigs!
-
Kentucky 89 Santa Clara 84 (OT) (NCAA 1st Round)
Not a good day for Chandler to be off. Hopefully he has a better second half!
-
2026 Kentucky Wildcats
I really like what I am seeing out of Will Stein and staff so far. They are getting recruits on campus that Kentucky has never had, and he brings a swagger and attitude that is contagious. I am not saying they are going to win the SEC, but I really think Kentucky finally has a coach that can take them to the next level and be more competitive in the SEC and nationally. Again, I am not getting too excited as he hasn't even coached a game yet, but you have to be excited with the early returns. What I like the most is that he is a young dude, full of energy, and is offensive minded. It is a big shift from the Stoops regime.
-
More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball
I think that is a fair question in the situations that you mentioned. However, I think where most of the public's issue with the two individuals you mentioned came from was with the handling of Coach Sullivan. Now, I don't think Coach Borchers had anything to do with the Sully issue as that was all Mr. Wilson. But, with all of the issues going on in the Cooper athletics programs (boys basketball, girls basketball, football, volleyball) someone has to be the scapegoat and catch the blame even if it is disgruntled parents bringing up the issues.
-
Kentucky 89 Santa Clara 84 (OT) (NCAA 1st Round)
I'm with you. I think they match up well with Iowa State and Virginia. I definitely don't want to get my hopes up, but if Kentucky can get past Santa Clara I'm beginning to think that they could string together a couple of wins. As up and down as this season has been - a sweet 16 would quiet a lot of the noise.
-
More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball
I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. You are saying that you believe parents should have an input and a say on who a school hires as a coach, is that correct?
-
Kentucky 89 Santa Clara 84 (OT) (NCAA 1st Round)
I was thinking about the Missouri and Georgia games which they were both favored in this season, but I do agree. They don't seem to win the "even" matchups. That was probably a better statement than the one I made. To me, Santa Clara is an "even" matchup this season (which tells you where this program is currently) and it doesn't bode well for the Cats. I really would love for them to win and have a shot against Iowa State. Being a big under dog in that game gives an extra layer of motivation. I just hate the fact that I am getting used to not watching Kentucky in deep runs in the tournament over the last 8ish years. Very depressing,
-
Kentucky 89 Santa Clara 84 (OT) (NCAA 1st Round)
Kentucky is the "expert's" favorite upset pick it seems, and even though I bleed blue, I don't think I blame them. Santa Clara is a good team, well coached, and Kentucky hasn't shown the ability to beat teams they should consistently. I am hoping that being more battle tested will help them prevail and I get to at least watch two tournament games this year. In the end, it doesn't really matter as I don't see Kentucky beating Iowa State even if they do win their first round matchup.
-
Simon Kenton 63 Owensboro Catholic 50 (2026 Clark's Pump-N-Shop Girls Basketball Sweet 16®)
Simon Kenton just beat Owensboro Catholic to move into the semi-finals tomorrow. What are the chances they make it to the finals? If they make it there, can they win it??
-
Miami Redhawks Undefeated Season
This was worst case scenario for them. To lose to a mid-major that is barely above .500! I don't know if they get an at large bid. Maybe they sneak into the first four, depending on what happens throughout the next few days, but what a heart breaker today. I really think they were safe and comfortable if they would have made it to, say, the semi-finals or finals of the conference tournament and then lost. I hope they get a chance, they deserve to be a first four team, at the very least.
-
Kentucky 78 Missouri 72 (SEC Tournament 2nd Round)
I think Kentucky gets this one, something like 76-71.
-
Kentucky 87 LSU 82 (SEC Tournament First Round)
Not a knock at all, but that tells me everything I need to know about Mark Pope as the head coach at Kentucky. This time of year, every year, there should be expectations for Kentucky, you know?
-
Kentucky 87 LSU 82 (SEC Tournament First Round)
Totally agree. Kentucky just doesn't have that star that can close out a game. They also do not have the "it" factor where they look to destroy opponents. It is a roster full of talented, role player basketball players outside of Oweh. I don't think Pope can land top end talent. I don't think he has it in him.
-
Kentucky 87 LSU 82 (SEC Tournament First Round)
For the life of me I will never understand why Kentucky can not just put a team away. You have a 10 - 11 point lead with 5 minutes left and let it come down to a nail biter at the end.
-
Lloyd Memorial 63 Covington Holy Cross 50 (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Congrats to Lloyd and congrats to Homy Cross on a nice season! Is it safe to say that Lloyd is probably the best chance the rest of the 9th region has to offer to try and make the finals somewhat competitive?
-
Conner 79 Highlands 76 (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Nice win by the Cougars! They have had an up and down season, and left you scratching your head at times at some of their losses, but making it to the regional semi-finals is not easy to do and you have to consider this a successful end to the season. They have a mountain to climb tomorrow and it probably isn't going to end well, but at least they get the chance to try! Congrats Conner and good luck against those Blue Colonels!
-
8th Region Coach (Chris Gaither) Suspended, Reinstated, and Suspended Again
That last sentence makes me wonder if there could be some sort of potential criminal action coming from this!
-
How can CovCath be so Dominant?
I get what you were trying to say, OP, but your original post swayed from your thoughts, I think. CovCath has been "dominant" in the sense that over the last 10-15 years they have been the most consistent year in and year out and have had more success than any other program in the area. The issue, though, is you said they destroy every team every year which simply isn't the case. The previous 3 years prove that as they haven't made it to Rupp Arena in any of those previous 3 seasons. No one is arguing that CCH has been the best program over the last decade + and has had consistent success that every other team in the area only wishes they could have. This year it is really true because the region is down and CovCath is WAY up! This year they truly are dominating everyone! Another poster already mentioned the reasons why CovCath has the success they have had, but another reason that they are so good is that they are able to allow any male student to attend that meets their criteria for acceptance to their school from anywhere in the general area. With their strong academics and athletics and being a private school, it isn't hard to see why a lot of parents want their son to go there even if they don't live very close. ?♂️
-
More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball
Come on Cooper people...chime in and spill the beans!!! ?
-
Covington Holy Cross 66 Ryle 60 (9th Region Semifinals)
Sounds like it was a great game. If I'm Ryle I am sick at my stomach after the first half lead that they built and then to let Holy Cross chip away at it and then steal the win in OT! Congrats to Holy Cross on never giving up and continuing to battle!
-
Florida 84 Kentucky 77
- More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball
I really hope that this information comes to light. If there are some major things going on from an assistant coach then that needs to be public knowledge, in my opinion. I am sure there will be more coming out, but man, a lot of drama the last calendar year on Longbranch Road.- More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball
What I am gathering is saying things to young adults that, back in the day, was considered "tough coaching" but may have been demeaning or putting down one of the players. To me, in what I have heard, being a little more towards verbally abusive and putting the girls down. I realize "old school" is vague, but things that coaches did and said 20-30 years ago which in this day is not acceptable or considered "bullying or abusive". I also want to add in that I am hearing this from others so I can't comment if it is true or not, or verified. - More trouble at Cooper - This time with Girls' Basketball