Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Covington Catholic at Franklin County Predictions/Updates
Take the points
-
TP94 Power Ratings - (11/27/24)
Corbin getting some love from Calpreps and Massey. I picked Corbin too even though that poll is very favorable for PT.
-
Covington Catholic at Franklin County Predictions/Updates
Hopefully the announcers are fair and somewhat neutral unlike the annoying Woodford County broadcasters who blame everything on the refs and the other team if things aren't going their way. I thought Boyle's announcers did a excellent job this past week.
-
What is Cov Cath's biggest upset win in program history?
I say its got to be the Boyle game followed by the 1992 Moeller game. Just the fact that Boyle went up to St Edwards and laid the smack down on the 3 time defending big school champion in Ohio is very impressive. St Edwards is yet again in the semi-finals so could be 4 time champ but rooting for Moeller. Ohio football is so much bigger and better than KY football. Plus no one gave CCH a chance against Boyle including myself. Someone mentioned Calpreps and Massey both had 42-14 predictions for Boyle over CCH. My prediction was probably even worse for my Colonels. I won't lie, I'm still in shock that we won that game but it was fun to watch. Kind of surprised the LaSalle win of 2019 wasn't in the discussion. I just assume the fact that CCH had a superior team coming into that game with a 36-1 record over the previous 2.5 years, so probably not much of a upset hence not making the list or discussion. But LaSalle including that 2019 year won state 4 out of 6 state championships in Ohio Division II. That year La Salle beat Moeller, St, Xavier, and Elder. At the time that was a huge win for the program but nothing compared to the Boyle.
-
Covington Catholic at Franklin County Predictions/Updates
I say CCH will have a few interceptions on the freshman QB . Put some pressure on the kid, let him make some mistakes in your favor.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
First down, thank goodness
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
These time keepers are bad. The clock never ran on that long run by Cash.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
You can’t stop that dude. That kid is amazing.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Why do they kick to him?
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I got no issues with Danville or any other area of the state. Like I said, I’m just more amazed by the consistency of which Boyle just reloads. Even Covcath got down years from time to time.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Still to this day I don’t know how Boyle Co. is a dominating force every year. I look up Danville on Google Maps and see it’s in the middle of nowhere. Where the heck do all these football players come from? You think CCH would have a ton more talent every year over Boyle practically being a suburb of Cincinnati and having a bigger pool to pull players from. Maybe one day I will drive down to Danville to see what all the fuss is about.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
That is true for this year. But last year we might have won state if in 5A.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I think another thing that hurts the Colonels come playoffs is playing the weakest district in all mankind. Besides finally playing Johnson Central, CCH last meaningful game was week 5 against Beechwood. They had 4 useless district games, Campbell Co and Boyd Co. in the first playoff game. In pretty much all of them games the starters are done playing by halftime so I don’t see how that gets a team ready for the playoffs. I was at that Johnson Central, CCH struggled big time in that whole game especially the first half because again they haven’t played anybody in forever. I say go back to 5A just to be in a better district and make the 2nd half of the year meaningful.
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I think the Cov Cath team from last year was better than this years team. I think Boyle’s team this year is better than last year team. Last year Boyle won 41-0. I expect the same if not worse. Prove me wrong Colonels. At least make it respectable and don’t get embarrassed.
-
4A RPI Rankings - 2024
Does it really matter. Boyle County will be the State champion again. It doesn’t matter if they got to travel somewhere or not.
-
Covington Catholic 42 Simon Kenton 3
Great minds think alike. I also was thinking East Central and Anderson to go with the others I mentioned. I think we even played Sycamore and Oak Hills back in 2016 but they might be too small a school. Anderson and East Central would be perfect.
-
Covington Catholic 42 Simon Kenton 3
I think it’s been 6-7 years now but like to see CovCath get back to playing Kings OH, Indianapolis Bishop Chatard or that Columbus St Francis de Sales. Those were fun games to watch. The schedule now is definitely not that exciting especially with the district opponents. Obviously keep Highlands and Beechwood but get some more exciting games on the schedule. I know, I know, it’s about the RPI and the in-state teams.
-
Boyle County at St. Edward (OH) Predictions/Updates (9/7)
Good Lord, 10 Texas schools in the top 25.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 4A Football Rankings 9/2
Covcath had a better team last year than this years team. But that just goes to show you how much better Boyle is compared to everyone else. I thought Corbin was the 2nd best team in 4A followed by Covcath. The constant QB draw plays was our demise. Boyle had us figured out in 2 seconds and just dominated the rest of the game. Covcath had no offense in that state game. I do believe the covcath teams from 2017, 2018, and 2019 could have beaten the Boyle team from last year but that's another debate.
-
Highlands 32 Covington Catholic 22
We should win a game first before we start saying they won't lose again until the semis. Simon Kenton has been scoring lots of points in their 2 games so far so let's make sure we can score enough points to beat them first . CCH doesn't really have the most high powered and exciting offense this year. So first things first, let's beat SK.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CCH is predictable with all their runs up the middle. They better get a vertical passing game going in 2nd half. Highlands is having more success in stopping the run as game goes on.
-
Covington Catholic at Ryle Predictions/Updates
A lot, between all the broken plays and a crap ton of penalties,
-
Boyle County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
Shocker. A QB draw on 4th down. I think the whole stadium knew that was coming.
-
Boyle County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
Can CovCath jump back up to 5A next year. This Boyle team got an unbeatable dynasty team. Making it look easy.
-
Boyle County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
CovCath better be more aggressive on the next offensive series. Way too conservative so far. Going to have to move the ball and keep drives alive and score points.