Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 4A Football Rankings 9/2

Featured Replies

Class 4A
1. Boyle County at St. Edward (OH) (9/7)
2. Paducah Tilghman at 2A #3 Mayfield
3. Franklin County vs. 5A North Laurel
4. Corbin vs. 3A #3 Lexington Catholic
5. Covington Catholic vs. 6A #8 Simon Kenton
6. Ashland vs. Harvest Prep (OH)
7. Warren East vs. 6A Barren County
8. North Oldham vs. 6A Tates Creek
9. Johnson Central vs. 3A #4 Belfry
10. Bardstown vs. Thomas Nelson

I think there is the capacity for this week to be a very telling week in 4A.  Boyle of course is the heavyweight champ.  PT seems really good, but PT has been really good before and flubs their dub at some point so a game against a down a tad Mayfield could be revealing.  Corbin is good, but not quite as good as last year against Lexington Catholic who is not quite as good as last year.  Covington Catholic has a reasonable possibility of starting 0-3.  Warren East gets another bigger school and is on the "contender v. pretender" list.  North Oldham has the blue field and the media hype following a convincing win over Desales, so I think their performance against a 6A Tates Creek team and their power running  could be potentially affirming for them.  The Johnson Central-Belfry matchup seems like a huge "which team is back" mountain matchup.  Lots of intrigue this week.  

As much as I would love to say Warren East is a contender, there is no way any of the 6 list above them wouldn’t have a running clock, and I’m not so sure they’d even compete with 8-10. No doubt in my mind that opposing fans, coaches, and players would leave the game talking about how great #1 for the blue and gold is though.
 

Even if Cov Cath starts 0-3, I still believe they have a chance to compete for the 4A State Championship.
 

I’ve voiced my opinion on Tilghman and believe they’ll be playing Boyle in December, but I am a big fan of Head Coach Eddie James and what he has done with that Flyers program. Very physical up front with some really good size, that style of football usually prevails late in the year, wouldn’t be shocked to see Franklin County in the mix either.

19 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

Even if Cov Cath starts 0-3, I still believe they have a chance to compete for the 4A State Championship.

Is Covington Catholic better, worse, or about the same as last year? Their performance against Boyle in the state finals was one of the most one-sided butt kickings I've seen in a championship game. It wasn't even competitive. I found myself wondering how they beat Paducah Tilghman in the semifinals. If the answer to my first question is either "worse" or "about the same," then I don't see them having even a remote chance at the title this year.

6 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Is Covington Catholic better, worse, or about the same as last year? Their performance against Boyle in the state finals was one of the most one-sided butt kickings I've seen in a championship game. It wasn't even competitive. I found myself wondering how they beat Paducah Tilghman in the semifinals. If the answer to my first question is either "worse" or "about the same," then I don't see them having even a remote chance at the title this year.

Covcath had a better team last year than this years team. But that just goes to show you how much better Boyle is compared to everyone else. I thought Corbin was the 2nd best team in 4A followed by Covcath. The constant QB draw plays was our demise. Boyle had us figured out in 2 seconds and just dominated the rest of the game. Covcath had no offense in that state game. 

I do believe the covcath teams from 2017, 2018, and 2019 could have beaten the Boyle team from last year but that's another debate. 

36 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

Covcath had a better team last year than this years team. But that just goes to show you how much better Boyle is compared to everyone else. I thought Corbin was the 2nd best team in 4A followed by Covcath. The constant QB draw plays was our demise. Boyle had us figured out in 2 seconds and just dominated the rest of the game. Covcath had no offense in that state game. 

I do believe the covcath teams from 2017, 2018, and 2019 could have beaten the Boyle team from last year but that's another debate. 

Calpreps like Boyle to win all three, 2017 being the closest.  But as we know Calpreps is often wrong. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.