Everything posted by NCBacon
-
Way Too Early 2019-20 Preseason Favorites?
CovCath doesn’t bring back as much as you think. I’d say pretty good odds Mayer will be in South Bend instead of Park Hills next January. Male will be tough for sure!
-
What's the attendance been like at Sweet 16?
I was there today and on my phone quite a bit ... that’s the downside or plusside (depending on how you look at it) of being able to have your work hard drive in the cloud. There’s no escaping work now, yet I didn’t have to use a vacation day!
-
Scott County 64 Covington Catholic 61 (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
Par for the course for the rest of the year .. all year long the only player consistently willing to take a shot outside of the paint was Disken.
-
What's the attendance been like at Sweet 16?
I’m a junkie and fondly remember spending the entire tournament with my dad in Lex or Louisville. Nothing better then the years at Rupp and staying at the Hyatt. I’m not struggling financially, but far from rich. I’d love to take my 2 boys (not sure they could sit through 50% of the games) so I just can’t justify spending over $1000 on tickets, hotel and parking. Throw 4 days of food and drink on top of it and it gets really expensive. A few other points: 1. Very few kids these days have he attention span to sit through 15 games. They’d want to be on an electronic device for a decent portion of those games. 2. Parents of kids who have children who would pay attention are all ready spending tons of money on other sporting activities. AAU, select soccer, club volleyball, travel baseball etc. The fees and the travel for those eat up a large portion of a sports loving familly’s extracurricular budget.
-
Beechwood - 2019 Schedule
They'll be prepared for the playoffs. Could be 3-3, 2-4 or even 1-5 heading into district play, but they'll be ready for the playoffs!:jump:
-
Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
I misread your response and mistakenly saw Davin instead of Disken. Disken is very good. Davin contributes very little.
-
Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
What does Davin do that is incredible? Shoot air balls? Moser should be starting, but even then the 2 guard is still a weakness Scott Co will go after. Moser plays hard and tough defense, but whether you want to admit it or not, the position is still the unquestioned weakness of the team. If they don't get points out of the 2 guard, it's going to be really, really hard for them to have Fleek and Greene on the court at the same time against Scott Co.
-
Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
Can you explain why Davin starts if Moser is Mr Reliable? I don't get it.
-
Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
Moser nor Jackson start, not sure why that is! I cant figure that one out. However, one nice game vs Beechwood is hardly hitting their stride. Moser had a few other decent games but all in all, the 2 guard in Park Hills is definitely a weakness.
-
Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
Agreed on Disken. Really nice player, however his size can get him in trouble in trap situations. The others are shaky ball handlers at best. As for the bigs: Are they really that skilled? 2 of them don’t look at the basket unless they are 4 feet in. Thelen is skilled in transition but if he doesn’t catch it in transition or deep in the post to use his size, he has a tough time scoring. Mayer has skills to go with the bulk. They are all super athletic though!
-
John Hardin/Campbell County Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
If that's the case, I think I may have to change my prediction and go with the Camels. Reid Jolly is a difference maker in the paint.
-
Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
On back to back days on Feb 1 and Feb 2, Scott Co beat Henry Clay and Walton Verona by a combined 45 points. That would've been without Moreno. That tells me more then the unexpected loss to Dunbar, and a district final loss in a rematch to Henry Clay. Don't know much about Scott Co. I have heard they are guard oriented other then Moreno. CovCath will try to pound the ball inside. If Scott Co can deny the post and make the CovCath guards beat them, it will be a long night for the Colonels. CovCaths guards are small and don't respond well to pressure. However if they beat the pressure it often turns into easy buckets/dunks for the bigs. I would think CovCath's bigs will have a hard time keeping the Scott Co guards in front of them on the defensive side. This should lead to lots of help, so Scott Co will have to kick it and make open shots.
-
2019 Kentucky Sweet Sixteen Basketball Contest
Opening Round 1 Walton Verona 1 John Hardin 1 Owensboro 1 Trinity 1 Scott Co 1 Butler 1 Madisonvill - North Hopkins 1 Mayfield 2 - John Hardin 2 - Trinity 2 - Scott Co 2 - Madisonville - North Hopkis 3 - John Hardin 3 - Scott Co Scott Co winner TB 129
-
Sweet 16 newbie
The tickets sold at the school should be on the ends of the arena. I do not believe those tickets have a specific seat assigned and are first come first serve, but I could be wrong on that. Most of the lower arena seats on the side are sold to people who buy the whole set and are there for the whole tournament. If you look on ticketmaster there are a few lower arena corners available. I assume the tickets at the school will be the cheapest, then followed by tickets at the box office, and tickets on Ticketmaster the most expensive.
-
Covington Catholic 64 Beechwood 48 (9th Region Championship)
CCh with 28 points out of the 2 guard spot .. who would’ve guessed!
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
However, Harding playing on the perimeter wasn’t going to help anyway. Let him catch it on the block and go to work. When he’s on the perimeter jacking 3’s he’s not in a position to rebound.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
When he got the technical the other big boy definitely went in. However, I think Tajh checked back in with 15 seconds to go in the third when Snapp called that timeout after a made basket. He must’ve been reminded of the rule at end of quarter. I’m not positive on that but I think that’s what happened.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
I think that’s a completely accurate assessment. Nice 1st post!
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
If you take off the blue colored glasses, it’s fairly easy to see. They get away with it by setting the tone of the game with their physical style of play from the toss of the ball. I’ll call it good coaching. Pushing the rules to the limits like Belichick. As a spectator it’s easy to see and hard to watch at times.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
If the behavior changes, the expectations will change! May take some time but it will happen.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
There’s a counter to that .. maybe a pattern of mouthiness prevents the turn your head/cover your eyes moments from the refs.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
Agree, but the ref who called it was behind the play and had roughly the same angle as myself. I didn’t see the left arm extend from my angle. All I saw is the dribble between the legs and the CCh defender fall down.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)
Amen, they push the limits to playing dirty. As a whole the grabbing, pulling, pushing on both ends of the floor from the Colonels is frustrating to watch. Hands are constantly on the offensive player. I have a feeling the whistle will go along way in determining the game tonight. If they swallow it, it will be a long night for Beechwood. I know they bring in out of region refs for non-bias, but let’s face the fact after CCHs success the last few years there has to be some bias. Especially from 6th/7th region refs who have had the teams to compete with CCH. On the other hand, getting 6th/7th region officials may benefit CCH because I’d say night in and night out as a whole the games down in the ville are quicker and more physical then the 9th.
-
Beechwood 47 Cooper 43 (OT) (9th Region Semifinal)
Especially when he (Spencer) has a few inches on anyone guarding him. I only remember him catching the ball on the block once and he made it look easy. He only took 4 shots, I get he’s unselfish and not a great shooter but come on you have to put him in a position to score.
-
Beechwood 47 Cooper 43 (OT) (9th Region Semifinal)
Found the stats: Draud was 6-15 Cooper was 17-49 If you want to blame anyone, you might want to ask Sully why he let his guys continue to jack up threes. Or why didn’t he post Spencer more? Cooper 4-17 behind the arc. Jeesh that’s rough! Slowing things down to miss a bunch of three pointers not a good offensive recipe.