Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
-
Ryle 60 Conner 58
I love McFarland's reaction. Pure joy from those kids too. Hated to see anyone lose that game.
-
Highlands lack of using a TE
Nate is pretty tall and a good athlete as well. I go to back to the point that if they don't go both ways this year the Birds will struggle. They'll need numerous boys going both ways and not just 1 or 2 IMO.
-
Newport 73 Highlands 50
Going 14/14 is solid. Watched the Cooper/BCHS and Ryle/Conner game's last night and both seemed to miss FT's that could've really helped. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of Cooper/BCHS game but it could've swung the Ryle/Conner game for sure.
-
Highlands lack of using a TE
Possibly...hopefully...They probably won't be able to figure that out until they figure out who will be at the helm playing QB and what offense they need to put around him to help him succeed IMO.
-
Highlands lack of using a TE
I agree, AK and/or Ben Sisson. He's a big boy now too. Can he catch though I wonder?
-
Ryle 60 Conner 58
I know what the politically correct answer is that the AD would treat everyone the same, I also know that's not reality when it comes to your own children IMO. Again, I didn't say anything bad about Jimmy except that he was the AD and its his son. I had honestly forgot about that portion. It's a unique situation that doesn't happen very often, the AD/Parent thing. It wasn't meant to take a shot at a him or the child or Conner. Sound's like its all for nothing anyway which is good news for all parties. Fletch_F_Fletch said it didn't look like anything substantial took place on the video. I can understand the swing of emotions with one team winning and the other's season coming to an end could cause some tensions after a hard fought game and losing at the buzzer.
-
Ryle 60 Conner 58
I agree, he was working those refs and I thought both coaches did well making adjustments throughout the game. Not sure of grade some of those boys were in but #42 can flat out play. He gave Ryle fits all night and that little number #10 could stroke it. Seems like Conner has some pcs to build off of especially if those 2 are underclassmen.
-
Ryle 60 Conner 58
I have no problem putting myself in his shoes. I would've probably lost my cool too at 15-16 yrs old and GUESS WHAT I would've gotten in trouble too. Just because you're 15-16 doesn't mean that you don't get in trouble, it just means you get a smack on the hand at this stage of life and you learn from it because you're a kid still! I'm not saying this about that fan or #55 because I wasn't on the floor in that moment, but if you never get in trouble then you will continue to grow up and think rules don't apply to you and you'll turn out to be a punk. This world we live in with trophies for everyone and it's never anyone's fault has got to change. Way too much entitlement. That's hilarious. You must be that guy fishing for a reaction. I didn't say anything about Jimmy or his integrity. In fact, I like him and think he's a good guy that's given many years to Conner and helping kids, but you're wearing rose colored glasses if you think you treat your child the same as you would others. Some would be harder on them at home but not in a public forum. You're going to stick up for your child because that's what you do. You need to go fishing somewhere else for a cheap shot on calling someone just as classless and bringing integrity into question.
-
Ryle 60 Conner 58
Yeah hard to make anything out of that. You right about #55 not getting in trouble. I forgot dad was the AD.
-
Ryle 60 Conner 58
Wasn't that the same kid #55 that got in trouble during the game for being chippy/dirty twice? I'd like to see some video after the game. I heard he came out and was cussing at the players and students and they reacted to #55. BUT...I agree with you. Someone has to be the bigger person. IMO they should both by suspended.
-
Newport 73 Highlands 50
What a bonehead move. Doesn't sound like it would've changed the outcome but come on...you've gotta know better then that.
-
Top Running Backs in NKY 2017
They better go against that HHS historical trend and play those athletes both ways if they want to compete this year. To say the pressure is on for that coaching staff would be an understatement IMO.
-
Conner High school Turf Field
That makes sense. Thanks!
-
Conner High school Turf Field
I heard the same story. How was it that Ryle was able to do it and not Boone?
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
You do know my 7 yr old could've coached those boys and won that tourney. I think the coach of 1992 USA Dream Team had a good coach too. Wait did that team actually have a coach? LOL jk. Matt is clearly getting the most out those boys and the CCH program is doing great and rolling down hill for sure. Congrats boys. Well deserved!
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
I agree. JT Schaefer is a great kid and I hadn't heard of Zac before so it's nice to see some new kids. You see the usual suspects but its nice to see some fresh faces too. I really think getting an award like this can help a young man so much with confidence and growth.
-
QB 6'3 210 pounds Matt Shearer Simon Kenton Class of 2018
This one will sting for Highlands for a few years. Matt will be a great QB over the next couple of years IMO.
-
Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017?
This will be good. :popcorn:
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
Appreciate all of the updates. Sounds like it was a game for the first couple of qtrs but the route is on now.
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
I agree with @Letsgetit. I think Cov Cath is just too deep right now. It's possible but it would have to be a perfect storm to pull off that win. I'd say Cov Cath by 10.
-
Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017?
I think they have a few QB's up there. I'm not familiar with the JR but I heard he's not a bad option. I honestly think the best one might be an 8th grader coming up to 9th grade but they also have options in Cramer(soph), and Hollinsworth(frosh). I think this summer should help them in who really wants it.
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
Is that the same 5 that lost to Ahlfeld, Salter and Huddy 7 times in a row? LOL JK Buddy...I couldn't resist. I know, I know, you got us in the tourney that one year. :isurrender: You win.
-
Highlands 57 Ludlow 35
What about the health of that number 21 for Ludlow after seeing that pic? :laugh:
-
Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017?
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if HHS pulled off the win but I don't think I would expect it in 17. IMO, still a couple of major questions for the birds this year. QB and line. They can still answer both of those questions but I think they maybe another year out. I think Huddy starting varsity at S and possibly Delagrange at DB would help sure up a secondary that has been really bad as of late.
-
Newport Catholic 62 Highlands 47
I'm with LAWILDCAT on this one... :popcorn: