Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017?

Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017? 49 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017?

    • Yes, CovCath will dominate Highlands
      61%
    • No, CovCath will NOT dominate Highlands
      34%
    • I will explain in the thread
      4%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I suppose those other two threads are entertaining but at the end of the day the above question is more important.

 

So yes, no, or I will explain, will CovCath dominate the Birds in 2017?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cov Cath will be tough no doubt about it. The sophomore RB they had last year is gonna be a handful the next couple of years along with a good returning senior QB. But no I don't think they will dominate HHS.

No they will not but the games will be super competitive.

I expect Covcath to win, but it won't be a running clock like last year

Last year, I told several CCH peeps that if CCH didn't win big, then there were bigger powers messin with them than just Highlands. Highlands had some quality players last year. Problem was that CCH had more quality players and a better mindset from coaches on how to implement those players. Highlands coaches were steadfast on platooning and not adjusting personnel until late in the season. Now, would that of made a difference in the CCH game? Doubt it on the outcome, but maybe closer than final score. Definitely better than 3-8 IMO.

 

I think with BW taking back the defense, along with a new mindset and bringing in/changing other coaches responsibilities will improve this years Highlands team. There are a lot of really nice players coming up in the system that will help immediately if positioned correctly and the parents buy into it. Add in current upper class men and they will be very good. Play the best and the success will come. Player sacrifices (change positions) are what makes the "team" better.

 

1st game between these two will be on a Friday night in Park Hills right? Which btw, I think is a horrible idea of giving up Sat. afternoon game advantage. But that's just me. I see this series becoming a not so one sided affair as it has been the last 10 years. Games will be much more competitive from here on out IMO.

  • Author

I voted "I will explain in the thread" so as is often the case I stand alone. :idunno:

 

I think as long as Covington Catholic QB AJ Mayer is healthy the Colonels will dominate the Birds in 2017.

Last year, I told several CCH peeps that if CCH didn't win big, then there were bigger powers messin with them than just Highlands. Highlands had some quality players last year. Problem was that CCH had more quality players and a better mindset from coaches on how to implement those players. Highlands coaches were steadfast on platooning and not adjusting personnel until late in the season. Now, would that of made a difference in the CCH game? Doubt it on the outcome, but maybe closer than final score. Definitely better than 3-8 IMO.

 

I think with BW taking back the defense, along with a new mindset and bringing in/changing other coaches responsibilities will improve this years Highlands team. There are a lot of really nice players coming up in the system that will help immediately if positioned correctly and the parents buy into it. Add in current upper class men and they will be very good. Play the best and the success will come. Player sacrifices (change positions) are what makes the "team" better.

 

1st game between these two will be on a Friday night in Park Hills right? Which btw, I think is a horrible idea of giving up Sat. afternoon game advantage. But that's just me. I see this series becoming a not so one sided affair as it has been the last 10 years. Games will be much more competitive from here on out IMO.

 

Good points. I wonder if CCH might have to consider some position changes to fortify the o-line this year?

 

I think the notion of CCH dominating Highlands is laughable. One robin doesn't make it spring. They may win, but it'll be a tussle. Last year was an aberration for Highlands, IMO.

I voted "I will explain in the thread" so as is often the case I stand alone. :idunno:

 

I think as long as Covington Catholic QB AJ Mayer is healthy the Colonels will dominate the Birds in 2017.

 

Hmmm. CCH is going to need more than a great QB to beat the Birds. Ask Tim Couch how it went while he was in the fort. :cool:

  • Author
Hmmm. CCH is going to need more than a great QB to beat the Birds. Ask Tim Couch how it went while he was in the fort. :cool:

 

co.jpg

Hmmm. CCH is going to need more than a great QB to beat the Birds. Ask Tim Couch how it went while he was in the fort. :cool:

 

Don't worry...they're returning Casey McGinness, Kam Butler, Malachi Pike, Jack Coldiron to help on offense.

 

As was mentioned elsewhere, they need to work on rebuilding last year's senior-heavy offensive line. They had a solid JV season last year, though, so I would assume they're working in the weight room to get some size added to some of those sophomores and juniors to get them ready for fall.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

Cov Cath did the same thing to Tim Couch the year before, in Hyden.

How old were these kids(incoming Sr) when Tim Couch played?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.