Everything posted by Cowboyfanatic
-
Open Job: Marshall County
Tastes like chicken!!! You win!!!
-
Open Job: Marshall County
Unless it is a "Crow".......:clap:
-
Open Job: Marshall County
I'm am editing my post from earlier and saying the limb I was on just got stronger. I am going with Kerry Stovall. :sssh:
-
Open Job: Marshall County
I am going out on a thin limb and predicting the new coach will be Kerry Stovall.
-
Open Job: Marshall County
If the boys coach is "fired*" for winning over 70% of his games at Marshall and this coach "resigned*" after winning 75% of his games and going to the state tournament 3 out of the 7 years he coached....Good luck to the next coach(es). Something doesn't smell right on these moves. *relative term
-
Paducah Tilghman hires Steve Duncan
He did not coach last year. Before Murray he was Defensive Coordinator at Lone Oak. He also had stops at Fort Knox, Larue County and E'town.
-
Paducah Tilghman hires Steve Duncan
Formal announcement tomorrow at 9:00.
-
Open Job: Murray
Murray State hires Murray HS head coach Rechelle Turner. Who puts their name in the hat?
-
Murray 65 Butler 56 (Sweet Sixteen Quarter-Final)
Watched the whole series- -Held ball- arrow goes to Butler -Butler called for 5 second count -Refs didn't change arrow -Another held ball shortly thereafter- refs gave ball to Butler Not sure what explanation was given as to why they didn't give Murray the ball.
-
Murray 65 Butler 56 (Sweet Sixteen Quarter-Final)
Moot point but they did not get the call right. Held ball- arrow pointing towards Butler. Butler commits a 5 second violation. The arrow should have changed to Murray. Held ball again they gave the ball to Butler which should have went to Murray. 6.4.5 Situation A: Team A is awarded the ball for a throw-in under the alternating possession procedure. A1 commits a violation. Ruling: B's ball for a throw-in because of the violation. In addition, the possession arrow is reversed and is pointed toward's B's basket. Team B will have the next throw-in opportunity under the AP procedure. Team A has lost its opportunity by virtue of the violation. A violation by team A during an alternating-possession throw-in is the only way a team loses its turn under this procedure. Butler scored a 3 on this play.
-
Girls state tournament bracket
Unfortunately, there will not be much fan support from Murray.
-
Mayfield vs. Murray
Point 1. From the time I graduated high school until now (44 years old), Mayfield football was/is IT! No one can argue, no one should argue and no one better argue that. But you can't play football all of your life. Point 2. How many Mayfield football athletes compared to Murray football athletes graduated high school and went on to play football at the next level or even went to school (no play) at the next level? Point 3. Murray versus Mayfield is not a rivalry. The coaches (Leahy/Fisher bickering in the past has nothing to do with current players. You can hate a certain school for whatever reason but unless you know the kids off the field/court it is hard to judge a person by what they wear. Students from both schools have knuckleheads who do not know how to act. On the football field especially, get out there and grind, fight, trash talk and then shake hands after Mayfield beats the crap out of you!
-
Doss 66 Lawrence County 57 (Sweet 16 1st Round)
The only thing I can think of is he must have reported the wrong number. Number 10 was the one who allegedly ran over a Doss player. After watching it, that is my conclusion.
-
Doss 66 Lawrence County 57 (Sweet 16 1st Round)
On a player-control foul no basket can be scored. No free throws will be shot either. Ball out of bounds nearest to the foul.
-
Mercer County 59 Holmes 55 (State Quarter-Finals)
I watched the game on KhsaaTv and they were in the correctable time frame. BUT they did not apply the rule correctly. When they determined the error there was a change of possession. When they noticed the error Holmes was about to inbounds the ball. The refs should have cleared the lane shoot the 1 and 1. If she hit one, both or none, Holmes was going to get the ball back. Point of interruption was ball out of bounds when the error was noticed. Missing a call is one thing, kicking a rule is not acceptable. The official at the table should have made them sound the horn. Big stage. No excuses!
-
Murray 41 Paducah Tilghman 37 (1st Region Semifinals)
It is hard to blame coach Stieg BUT as long as he has been coaching, I thought he should be aware in that situation. I hate it for the kids. He literally took the ball out of their hands. Who is to say they would have made the shot with about 5 seconds left, but I would have love to see Tilghman at least get an opportunity.
- Official assignments for Regional Tournaments!
-
Mayfield 25 Caldwell County 24
Why would any official need 'to go out of their way' to not seem like a 'homer'? This is the reason ANY official shouldn't be in a ballgame where they would need to do that. Your passion for Mayfield football is apparent but I was simply making a comment and it has offended you. I am sure these stripes are nice gentlemen. Perception in subjective. Good luck to your team in the following weeks.
-
Mayfield 25 Caldwell County 24
If you read my post thoroughly I never said anything close to what you just mentioned. It's all about perception. Had Mayfield won, I wonder if you would have the same response. If the stripes were from Caldwell and Mayfield lost a close game, would you have the same response. It's all about perception. I never said anything negative about the crew; I'm sure they do a good job. If you officiate ANY sport I think this would be a HUGE conflict of interest if you graduated and played the sport there. Just sayin'
-
Mayfield 25 Caldwell County 24
No dog in this race, wasn't at the game, care not who won but white hat in this game is a Mayfield City cop; graduated and played football at Mayfield. Had Mayfield lost he could have lost friends. Now that they won, it may not sit well with Caldwell. Why would you put yourself in this position? Whoever assigned him to this game surely knows he is a mayfield guy? My 2 worthless cents.