Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DevilPride

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DevilPride

  1. I can only assume that Nick Conley will be our main RB headed into the season Sophmore Highlights - Nick Conley highlights
  2. I know both kids....I know the pitcher and I'm related to the batter. I'm not picking sides I just know what I know. Say what ya want lol
  3. Wasn't intentional I'm sure. I believe it's how the batter (Hunt) crowds the plate and the way they pitcher was trying to push him back.. It's not a bad thing. It's just the combination of his batting style and pitchers pitching style.
  4. I can see a possible loss to Ironton and loss to Ashland if they figure out how to get Baker to the secondary. Not saying they will lose but those can be tough games. Raceland game is a toss up to either team. It will be a chess match between coaches if you ask me. They could probably play 50 times and split 25 games apiece if you ask me. This group of seniors have only lost once to Raceland from grade school to 9th and all were close. Should win the rest of our games with an emphasis on "should". Lol
  5. As tight as they are I doubt the linemen will be wearing them around other than the football field. Not very flattering to the big men on the line I can imagine.
  6. Not the best color due to ink cartridge but I believe this is the new style. Subject to change I'm sure.
  7. Russell changed looks in 1984 season. Gold pants with different style jersey with added decal on helmet and made it all the way to semis before being beat by Danville so it's not all in vain. I think it just a new era is all.
  8. Another lil trivial tidbit is that Russell will be sporting new uniforms this year. Not since I'd say the late 80s has Russell had such a different look headed into a season. Uniforms are Adidas and look very sharp.
  9. I don't have a dog in the fight being that Fairview isn't in Russell's football class but I would not put what Fairview has been accused of in the same lines of what Belfry does. A lot of Belfrys better players come from other schools or places in WV but it's because of the schools rich tradition in their winning program that attracts area studs. I don't have any problem at all with a school receiving transfers as long as it's the child and his parents decision. If they wake up one day and think "You know...I think Ashland is a better fit for me" than that's awesome. But when a coach or faculty or an assistant either makes 1st contact or persuades a player I feel that's when the corruption begins. Just my opinion.
  10. No one will be able to replace Korzep and Arnold. Not saying Russell can't fill their spots but they won't be able to fill their shoes. Incredible athletes who had a knack for finding the ball no matter where it was. Sammy Smith will be back after pretty much a 2 year injury. Hopefully if (a big if) Russell makes it back to playing Belfry he could be our answer to their Horton. McKee and Conley are going to have a huge year along with Blackburn and Ison. Pierce should fill in at DE for Suman. Other than finding a LB for Korzep Russell's Defense won't skip a beat from last years IMO.
  11. Played against Frank Jacobs in Rec Bowl.He was great but I do remember Sam Watkins from Russell lighting him up. Was 5 feet from the hit and Frank sprang to his feet disoriented. Was probably the best hit we had on them. The rest were on us. Lol
  12. I'm not a fan of the design but If the kids picked it out or choose it then that's all that matters. Congrats
  13. Some of us are older and remember the teams Greenup had under Ward. I've followed Greenup maybe the last 10 years because I had a nephew playing and knew a few kids that played. Ward was a good tournament coach but he also had some really good teams IMO. Greenup has had some decent players but overall I've just not seen the talent. Even with transfers coming in that never panned out Greenup is just not the Greenup of old. Unless a coach is just awful or the school wants to go in an entire different direction I say keep him. Maybe the coach is doing the best he can with what he has.
  14. Looks awesome. You could fit 10 or more of Russell's weightlifting facilities inside that place.
  15. I was gonna say the same thing. My son at one time was a chunky kid who could not do more than 3 push-ups. Wasn't getting the resistance other kids were getting. While doing a push-up he had (x) amount of weight working against him. Put him on a bench with 1/2 that force as he was getting.
  16. Eons ago I lifted heavy starting in 5th grade. Today I am a mature ole 46 and not an ache (except knees occasionally lol) in my body. Started my son between 7th and 8th grade years lifting heavy. I think you just have to know your kid and teach him proper form.
  17. Im not a big fan of powerlifting benching. Everything else yes but not benching. Just my own personal opinion. Benching is mostly all technique. Either they have only the butt and shoulders touching or they widen their grip way out. I do respect a deep squat and clean. It would be amazing to see some of the beasts I've seen at local schools in the area I'm from bench if they had better form.
  18. That's a pretty good power clean for that weight. I think I seen him at the Raceland meet. Good looking kid.
  19. Does a powerlifting official or a NASA representate have to be there to be considered a state record. I just can't see the officials who keep track of records taking a coaches or volunteers word on it saying "yep went deep enough". I really have no clue and was just curious. I actually hate NASA events personally.
  20. I thought I'd ran a 4.5 when I was in school till I found out the man holding the digital stop watch was dyslexic. Lol
  21. More often than not...the people who do not like 40 times do not have good 40 times. Lol
  22. I've witnessed this young man lifting before. He's a beast.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.