Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X`s and O`s

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by X`s and O`s

  1. You can have all the talent in the world , but if you don't have a coach who knows how to use it , it doesn't matter. Sure talent will win some game`s, but wont get you all the way.
  2. That would be better. I was just stating it was a sloppy game 18 turnovers. 42% from foul line. I call that a sloppy win. A win is a win no matter how it was played, I understand that.
  3. After 23 games Harold still has no clue. For some reason Grooms hasn't played much the last 5or 6 games. I thought he was playing pretty good, and getting better. And why not let Gammon run the point some, he handles to ball good, and that would get Hughes on the wing , and may be a few more open looks. Martin can do some things inside, he`s a lot bigger than any one Raceland has. It was a very sloppy game by both teams. Harold is coaching likes it the beginning of the year, and not the end. With his line up changes and player rotation. Glad to have the win, but I`m sure Harold thinks the changes he made was the key to the win, and that's not good. The 35% behind the arch is not bad as a team, 18 turnovers and 42% at the foul line is really bad,, The kids missed the shots. I think some of the turnovers was caused by not being in the right offence , the guards seemed really far apart, witch makes for really long passes. And a lot of them came from that.
  4. Still not good. The game VS Raceland was a win, but sloppy , and didn't look like Greenup was playing as a team. Then after the game Harold was talking about all week in practice , working on Jair Jacksons low post moves and getting the ball inside more... I guess better late than never, only took 23 games. After 23 games , most coaches have a team figured out, not Harold . I just wonder how many games/ years it would take him? Greenup has the players to make a big run, hopefully , some how it comes together and they do.
  5. Sayre is 12-11 and other than Raceland (who had 2 guys hurt ) and East Carter is 11-11. So that is Morgan Co best wins.. Lost to the 3 other teams who win.. And should have lost 2nd game to Greenup co. The 16th is down ill give you that, but Morgan is playing the bottom of other regions. Guess we will see how far Jordan Perry can lead them. I m guessing not too far. And for him being the best player in the region , NO. He scores the most points , but what else does he do. I `ve seen him play more than a few time`s, and he never guard`s the other teams best scorer. (guard) All he does is score.
  6. True 2-0 is way too low. I think more coaches should slow it down, if they are way over matched. A win is a win , weather it 90 -88 or 2-0. You play to win.
  7. Morgan has a good record , but they have only a few wins Vs teams above 500. MY op not that good,
  8. I`ll take Biggs at Greenup, how about we start now. How about Biggs to Greenup, and Tackett just goes away.. I don't feel right with Ashland getting him.. That's just mean. Ashland gets a coach to be named later.
  9. Don't for get that bum at Greenup Co... I don't know the in`s and out`s at Ashland with Coach Biggs , but I think his past should keep him around a little longer.. Wheelersburg Ohio , fired a coach who won a ton, got to the state tournament , witch over there is the final 4.. More than once , then the kids didn't like him, some didn't play. So they got ride of him.. The past few years have been there worst in a long time. Ashland I think would draw some good coaches in, but its not always greener on the other side.
  10. Too bad,, I m done with Harold. Rowan is a really good team. Should have Greenup got beat like that ,no.. not going to rant on about Harold, so congrats to Rowan, and to the Greenup boys, hang in there... keep your heads up...
  11. Russell has had a lot of good teams in all sports over the years, Raceland , footballs been good lately . The problem both small schools run into is less boys means less chance of good players. A couple of classes with not much talent really hurts.. Russell will be back I feel, they have some young talent, and a good coach.
  12. I do not agree about , this not being the place, its an op site. Teams , players and even refs are discussed daily. What`s the difference ? I`m sure your person, if they have been to game`s told you talent is not the problem. And I wonder if the youth system would be different , even if basketball ran it.. From my experience`s most youth team`s are coached by a parent or two. And I feel it would stay the same. Basketball should run it 100% agree. The baseball coach`s step up, and work hard, and year after year have really good team`s. A top notch feeder system is key, and will produce a better basketball program. My biggest problem is the last 2 years talent is not the problem, is Greenup in the state top 10 with a good coach, no. But should be way better than they are. No matter how good the players are that come up each year, if a coach doesn't know how to use them, 9out 10 times its not going to matter.
  13. Did coach Hicks, coach a year or 2 in Portsmouth Oh, I think he did, but not for sure.. If so they let a really good one get away. If anyone can answer .
  14. IT does sound funny that the baseball team is managing the youth program, Guessing for the money. The basketball team should be , I agree. If they wont do it , some one has too. I think just about every school has years where talent is down, the last 2 years talent , size shooters and speed , has not been the problem . And yes the administration is part of the problem, lost a few good coaches after a year, for some reason in the last 10 years many coaches have come and gone. Hopefully ,Harold will move on, and a new coach will come in ,take over youth teams and win some games..
  15. Still no Miller for Ashland? How long is he out?
  16. true, GREENUP LOST BY 1 AT home last year. Then in regional game, in the 2nd quarter it was a close game. With around 4min left in quarter , both big men picked up there 2ned foul, then he keep them on the bench, while Ashland killed them on the O and D boards . And built a big lead by half.. The 2nd half played 2-3 zone while Ashland made a bunch of 3`s.. that's how.. When there`s no tomorrow , if you lose . Cant keep them on the bench. Also moved Hughes from point to shooting guard , the game after he broke O J Mayo`s points in a regional game for a 8th grader.
  17. really, best move for son. So if the coach gets really mad, cause you questioned his coaching. then benches your son , that would be a good move. IM guessing most coaches don't want parents coming at them .when unhappy .Doesn't matter how you see it, only how coach see`s it.
  18. may be , who knows? Guess will see! I know i` am not the only one who feels this way about him. long list .
  19. all I can say to that is good luck, And freedom of speech, May be he should do more coaching, then worrying about me,,
  20. There are no titled threads about point guards ,. But I just read today, someone say so and so is not a point guard cause he cant handle the ball. Called kid by his name. talking kid and a grown man. Only difference is title. I`m fine with critiquing both, But seems to be different if you go at a coach.
  21. ARE you ok with ranking players? And talking about what they are and aren't good at. Because it seems most are. They are kids, this man is grown.
  22. This is a site for discussion, I never came on here looking for a job. You my not think this is a "genuine discussion" , and that `s fine. Or may be I miss read what this was about. And is your real name basketballfan1.. guessing not. So your anonymous also.
  23. Hope so, I think the losing has taken a toll on the kids, and the next 5 games, at Sheldon Clark, at Rowan, at Russell , at Pikeville and at Raceland. Is a very hard 5 games, on the road. I think a few win`s would go a long way..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.