Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ring Master

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ring Master

  1. Great game, Great duel by two Morehead commits. Boone has had issues with scoring runs and defense mishaps the whole season and today was no different. Two errors at short and the drop ball in Rf extended a couple of Ryle's innings resulting in runs for Ryle. Congrats to Ryle on a great season and good luck on their journey. Congrats to Purnell on one heck of a career at Boone. He has been fun to watch.
  2. Being a friend of Boone parents doesn't make me a Boone guy but I do hear the gripes. Even the winning teams of the past several years had issues but you will have that. Just stating facts and asking questions. It seems you know pretty much about Boone. Where is the seniors and juniors who should be leading this young group this season ? Seems like a big hole from last years team and basically a sophomore varsity team.
  3. I agree on the players that they graduated last year is hard to replace, but every team , every season graduates players. The real issue why they are down is that they lost players/experience who should be carrying the team this season. Why did a mass of kids leave the program before last season leaving the coach to pick up kids who was cut the year before ? I know you have kids who decide to give up sports, but almost a whole bench? Is that a coaching issue / Boone issue ? I have heard several left due to conflicts with coaching, some left for other sports ? I would add a talented group of players can make a coach's job easier, When a team is down is the true test of a coach. Good luck to the Rebels !!!!! I would agree with hoops5, Lloyd plays hard and I can see them getting better each game.
  4. I know of Trame and Seay for Scott , but what Purnell ? When I hear Purnell, I think of Boone County's Jeffrey Purnell.
  5. I'm pretty sure both were recruited by Morehead as PO's . I have heard that Purnell had several offers at lower division schools for a 2 way player. I would say Zig had offers at lower division schools as well for 2 way.
  6. Congrats Jeffrey! Purnell and Zig , Nice job Morehead !!!!!
  7. I was just informed the HR was not even past the left of second. The foul ball called fair was a right handed batter,so the foul ball and the bunt was the only ball that was turned on.
  8. There was no turning on the fastball tonight. All reports say the only two hits that went left of second tonight while Purnell was in was a bunt and the HR. I think there was a foul ball which was called fair but I think that was a left handed hitter. I heard the game was originally scheduled at Boone but was cancelled because of a track meet. There would have been no home runs. The HR would have been about 40' shy of the fence. I was told they made contact but every thing was late. Also, little surprised of the 85 reading, I know by reading different social media outlets,Purnell has been clocked several games this year hitting above that esp. in the first innings. When I heard he was pitching against them tonight , I wanted to make it to see if he could go at them like last season. He faced them early last season and worked two innings . I think he faced 12 batters and struck out 7. I know Highland parents that night couldn't believe that Boone was taking him out, but they were relieved. I wouldn't count out Ziegelmeyer or Purnell out late in the year. They are two of the toughest I seen.
  9. I wouldn't gauge too much off the Lasalle game. Game plan was a lot different than most expected at the very least.
  10. That is scary. I counted 3 returning varsity players from last season and one is hurt
  11. Where did all of Boone's players go? They had a pretty good Jv team last season. I didn't see any of the JV starters from last season. A lot of new faces. Rebuilding year?
  12. Footmaster, People felt Zig was underrated at 32 on the last list. He had good bat exit, but at the time his FB was 81-82, not 90's. It looks like his FB touched 87 on his last PBR SC which boosted him up. I don't think he has recorded a 90 yet.
  13. Hunter Turner - RHP -from Cooper made the list at 45
  14. Clyde, Looks like he is at 57. I didn't realize he was 6'-5". Big kid!
  15. PBR has updated the player rankings for the class of 2016. Planck from Rowan County - RHP still leads the way at number 1. Northern Ky has 5 players listed in the top 25 with Beechwood leading the way. 4 - Stringer Beechwood OF 6 - Combs Beechwood 1B 10 - Ziegelmeyer Ryle RHP 15 - Purnell Boone Cty RHP 19 - Slusher Beechwood OF Congrats to these players
  16. FootMaster you are correct that players need the grades, but coaches will start their day looking at the kids with the more obvious baseball talent. The coaches will start their info hunt on these kids. If the player doesn't have the grades, the hunt will trickle down to the kids with less talent but has the grades. The coach doesn't want to be sitting in the dugout after the first semester with only a half a team because of players not making the grades. Players / Parent's feelings should not be hurt because they attended a PBR event and are not in the top 200. If they really have the baseball IQ and competitiveness , They will see will they lack and work hard to get what they want. A less talented kid who really works hard everyday will eventually shine. The talk about PBR is just baseball numbers, it has nothing to do with the IQ, competitiveness, grades. That is all hidden treasures that coaches will find. PBR and other events is just a good starting point for the players to get exposure to colleges.
  17. I have to agree with MalibuRunner, PBR is a great tool for college coaches. Also, It is a good tool for players to see where they stack up against other kids in the state. If you go to one of these events and show out, it gets you some good exposure. On the down side, If you attend and don't have a strong arm or bat or not too quick at the 60 yard , that info also will be seen by college coaches. Players with less talent can make up some ground with baseball IQ and competitiveness with things like reading a pitcher and getting a good jump on a steal but it will not help with velocity or bat exit speed.
  18. Here is NKY players in the top 100 for the class of 2015; 41 - Mitchell Jones RHP Highlands 42- Sean Lawrence RHP Sk 46 - Joseph Martin RHP Highlands 52 - Ethan Harrison SS Dixie 53 - Jake Schmidt C Beechwood 78 - Blaise Ostertag OF Conner 80 - Clay Kramer RHP Bishop Brossart 97 - Ryan Ward 1B Conner
  19. I think all three are going down to Florida to show their pitching abilities, but next summer, Ziegelmeyer and Purnell will be INF/ P and Raisor will be a PO. Good luck to all three.
  20. I heard Midland has picked up Ziegelmeyer (Ryle), Purnell (Boone), and Rasior (Highlands). All three are going to Florida with Midland this week for a Perfect Game Tourney.
  21. Wonder how many kids who skipped school and practice played tonight? Also, Wonder how many kids who showed up to practice and was told to get out and go home, didn't play tonight? Maybe coach should have conducted practice and played only the players who showed up to school.
  22. And you need to remember the rankings is only based on the players that have attended a PBR showcase. There are several players I can think of that will be big name players this school season. Hopefully, some of these kids will attend a PBR SC. I think PBR does an excellent job of promoting players who attend their SC.
  23. Congrats to Shelby! Hard work pays off!
  24. Hopefully Boone can turn it around this season, I agree the offense needs to pick it up, but if the other team doesn't score 40 points, Rebels will have a lot better chance. That is what you get when you put one of your best defensive players, if not the best, at QB. The real challenge for this coach this year is how he handles the Floyd circus. Aaron last season did what was best for his team and play QB. He was the best athelete on the team and he stepped up for his team.He did all he could do playing at a new position. It takes a team and he wasn't surrounded by a team filled with his passion or talent.You had players hurt, you had players not allowed to play because of grades, players caught on the wrong side of the law, players quitting because of all of the losing. Aaron and other players kept playing hard to the end. Hopefully, the coach will be honest with himself and realize what Aaron gave up last season for his team and accepts him back with wide open arms. What scares me is that it seems like they are counting on some players to be key players and where were they last season? Some were hurt, but the ones that were not on the field because of other issues would be my concern. Hopefully the coach can lead them in the right direction.
  25. Nice job Kyle. Looks like his velocity has gained a little, he was around 77-78 this time last year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.