Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PBR 2016 Player Rankings

Featured Replies

PBR has updated the player rankings for the class of 2016. Planck from Rowan County - RHP still leads the way at number 1.

 

Northern Ky has 5 players listed in the top 25 with Beechwood leading the way.

 

4 - Stringer Beechwood OF

6 - Combs Beechwood 1B

10 - Ziegelmeyer Ryle RHP

15 - Purnell Boone Cty RHP

19 - Slusher Beechwood OF

 

Congrats to these players

Was Heppler rated?

  • Author
Was Heppler rated?

Clyde, Looks like he is at 57. I didn't realize he was 6'-5". Big kid!

Clyde, Looks like he is at 57. I didn't realize he was 6'-5". Big kid!

 

He is big with a sweet lefty swing. My guess is he'll make a name for himself starting this year.

 

The 9th has a strong 2016 class.

Josiah Robbins should be on this list. He may be the best player in the state this year as a junior. He is on several watch list, college and beyond. He plays shortstop, runs like a deer and hits for power and nearly 500.

2016 has a very deep class of really good baseball players... Not surprised to see Ziegelmeyer climbing the ranks. There are a lot of solid ball players that probably won't even make this list because 2016 is so deep.

Josiah Robbins should be on this list. .

 

School?

School?

 

Boyle County.

 

He is our quarterback also.

More NKY kids on list:

Kyle Fieget #61

Ricky Raisor #88

Evan Slone #100

 

And several great NKY players not on the list. As someone posted earlier, 9th region is loaded with 2016 talent as well as the whole state of Kentucky.

I can't wait for high school baseball to get started.

More NKY kids on list:

Kyle Fieget #61

Ricky Raisor #88

Evan Slone #100

 

And several great NKY players not on the list. As someone posted earlier, 9th region is loaded with 2016 talent as well as the whole state of Kentucky.

I can't wait for high school baseball to get started.

Btw,

Fieger from Beechwood

Raisor from Highlands

Slone from Ludlow

  • Author

Hunter Turner - RHP -from Cooper made the list at 45

Hunter Turner - RHP -from Cooper made the list at 45

Thanks, sorry I missed that one. Anyone else?

More NKY kids on list:

Kyle Fieget #61

Ricky Raisor #88

Evan Slone #100

 

And several great NKY players not on the list. As someone posted earlier, 9th region is loaded with 2016 talent as well as the whole state of Kentucky.

I can't wait for high school baseball to get started.

 

You are correct in your assessment. I am sure there are more kids that might be ranked if they had the time and/or finances to attend these PBR events.

You are correct in your assessment. I am sure there are more kids that might be ranked if they had the time and/or finances to attend these PBR events.

Well, as others have pointed out...PBR does really good work but it is just offering a glimpse of information to college scouts.

Personally I'd have Heppler a little above 57 and I'd have Slone above 100... But PBR may have only seen these guys once or twice to make an assessment. Also, a lot of the guys further down the list (or not even on the list) just don't have gaudy "measurables". Again, they have to try to find some democratic way to rank players and those measurables seem fair enough as a whole. I think most college coaches realize that some kids play "bigger" than their measurables would indicate. So, any kid on the list should be proud of themselves for sure. Keep working if they want to move up the list and if you're not on the list, it doesn't mean you can't get there. Play hard and have fun!

Josiah Robbins should be on this list. He may be the best player in the state this year as a junior. He is on several watch list, college and beyond. He plays shortstop, runs like a deer and hits for power and nearly 500.

 

This list was the top NKy players. Josiah is rated at #22, 5th rated SS

 

Seems the guys at PBR love the fastball, but that's typical. Top 3 kids all have topped 90 (Stringer has too, but not at PBR event). I would have Currie at 2, he will be over 90 this year and has a 6'7 frame, kid is huge. IMO you can scramble the top 6 and come up with any order. Big arms all around, Combs has crazy power and hits the ball as hard as anyone, and he is forced to play out of position in HS as a 3b. Stringer is the best hitter I've seen at this age group and has a cannon from OF. Good to see Z getting some love, the Ft Myers showing is paying off, I think he will keep rising. I think Purnell is the most under rated kid on that list, I love his all around game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.