Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PBR 2016 Player Rankings

Featured Replies

This list is for Top 2016 players for the entire State of Kentucky.... So, not sure I agree Purnell is being underrated. 15 is pretty damn good! I knew Ziegelmeyer was originally underrated because he was in the 90's last year and now finds himself at 10.

I do believe Heppler and Slone are underrated though...not that they're top 25. But I could see Heppler in top 40 and Slone (being smaller and all) maybe in the 60's to 70's range. Good news is they have plenty of room to move up if they work for it.

Not much room for Purnell to jump though. Again, I think 15 is a great spot.

I

This list is for Top 2016 players for the entire State of Kentucky.... So, not sure I agree Purnell is being underrated. 15 is pretty damn good! I knew Ziegelmeyer was originally underrated because he was in the 90's last year and now finds himself at 10.

I do believe Heppler and Slone are underrated though...not that they're top 25. But I could see Heppler in top 40 and Slone (being smaller and all) maybe in the 60's to 70's range. Good news is they have plenty of room to move up if they work for it.

Not much room for Purnell to jump though. Again, I think 15 is a great spot.

 

My reply was to the poster who wondered why Josiah wasn't named, I pointed out that those named were just NKy kids and let him know where he was rated. We all have our opinions. I think Purnell is a top 10 player. Not gonna call out kids I would rate him above specifically, but there are some. Agree 15 is very good, just happen to think he's better than that. That's the Midland honk in me coming out.

I

 

My reply was to the poster who wondered why Josiah wasn't named, I pointed out that those named were just NKy kids and let him know where he was rated. We all have our opinions. I think Purnell is a top 10 player. Not gonna call out kids I would rate him above specifically, but there are some. Agree 15 is very good, just happen to think he's better than that. That's the Midland honk in me coming out.

Totally agree, Purnell is very solid!

I would've liked to see Smallwood from Dixie and Sieter & Hayes from Bellevue make the list too.

Maybe PBR is currently unaware of them and maybe that can make it as the year goes on...

  • Author
This list is for Top 2016 players for the entire State of Kentucky.... So, not sure I agree Purnell is being underrated. 15 is pretty damn good! I knew Ziegelmeyer was originally underrated because he was in the 90's last year and now finds himself at 10.

I do believe Heppler and Slone are underrated though...not that they're top 25. But I could see Heppler in top 40 and Slone (being smaller and all) maybe in the 60's to 70's range. Good news is they have plenty of room to move up if they work for it.

Not much room for Purnell to jump though. Again, I think 15 is a great spot.

Footmaster, People felt Zig was underrated at 32 on the last list. He had good bat exit, but at the time his FB was 81-82, not 90's. It looks like his FB touched 87 on his last PBR SC which boosted him up. I don't think he has recorded a 90 yet.

Footmaster, People felt Zig was underrated at 32 on the last list. He had good bat exit, but at the time his FB was 81-82, not 90's. It looks like his FB touched 87 on his last PBR SC which boosted him up. I don't think he has recorded a 90 yet.

When I said 90's, I meant as in numerical order. I didn't know he was at 32... My mistake. I believe his exit velocity did reach 90 though... I think, lol!

Anyone know how often they update these PBR lists?

As I said, I'd like to see some more NKY kids work their way onto it.

I think the rankings are updated a couple of times a year, most likely not again until after HS ball.

Based on prior years, the rankings will be updated after the January/February showcases. They don't tend to make too many updates based on high school performance. Rather, it's largely driven by the showcases.

Based on prior years, the rankings will be updated after the January/February showcases. They don't tend to make too many updates based on high school performance. Rather, it's largely driven by the showcases.

SG ESQ, You are correct that HS performance doesn't count toward the PBR rankings, I thought showcases were not until early spring and after HS ball, but I see where there is going to be a showcase for 2016 players in Jan.

Does a player have to be registered with PBR to be ranked?

Does a player have to be registered with PBR to be ranked?

 

No, but it helps if you go to one of their showcases.

No, but it helps if you go to one of their showcases.

 

That makes sense

Here's Cameron Planck hitting 90+ on 3 consecutive FBs.

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.