Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Straitshooter

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Straitshooter

  1. From watching that Conner/Lafayette game the other night it looks like the field conditions will be tough. That game was a mud bowl. More rain this week and that thing will be sloppy.
  2. Tates Creek has a QB that has gotten some mid-major interest. He's big, with a big arm. Defense has struggled to stop big plays. They have shown flashes of being good, but for the most part they never have put it together.
  3. According to the article in the C-J, their desire is to be eligible for the "National Championship" that is played on ESPN. To qualify for that you have to be a member of your state association.
  4. This is what I see on the KHSAA website.
  5. I believe I saw on Jason Frakes' twitter the other day that the NKY district plays the Lafayette, GRC, Madison Central, Tates Creek district.
  6. This is unrelated, but Henry Clay QB DJ Van Horn is the son of Darrin Van Horn, former world champion belt holder in two boxing weight classes. Darrin was 53-3 in his career.
  7. I don't understand this logic. Henry Clay won at Scott County by a bigger margin than Douglass did at home vs Scott County. You may be right, but saying the Scott County game was the difference doesn't add up.
  8. It's not always that easy. In Fayette County a team must reserve a bus 2 weeks in advance. Changing the location on the day of the game isn't possible. However, in Fayette County there is artificial turf so games don't get moved very often.
  9. According to KHSAA, it looks like it is. They lost to Rock Creek Academy from Indiana 13-6 in August, so they are 1-1 on the season apparently.
  10. Cardsrule, did you just take to time to write a book so you could inform us about Burns “almost wins” and “close losses”? Or was the purpose of the book to accuse Gaither of winning with transfers while your best player came from Shelby Co? Must be a different mentality over there in Taylorsville? Y’all stay happy about never winning a postseason game.
  11. 2-2 and throwing a parade for him!!! What was his record when it was win or go home, with the season on the line?
  12. I don't believe they have the ability to stream live at the football stadium in Georgetown. It isn't on campus and doesn't belong to them so I think that is a barrier to live broadcasts. I know that has always been the deal in the past.
  13. This logic makes sense considering you are a UCF Football fan. That was their whole argument about being "National Champs". They went undefeated and strength of schedule didn't matter. I think Trinity's still a top 2 team, but I do think the gap is as small as its been in a while.
  14. It's interesting that you mentioned defensive stuff. I saw on the listserve the other day that Coach Wallace was looking for assistant coaches on the defensive side of the ball and specifically DB coaching. I would think that either 1) he would've already had a staff filled when he took the job because of the connections he has in the state or 2) it wouldn't be hard to find people that want to coach at St X.
  15. As long as Jeff Jackson is there, he will make sure basketball rules the roost.
  16. You mean preseason top 10 for the 12th region right?
  17. Let me start by saying I am all for a longer dead period, but here's an argument against it: Some kids in the district where I live don't camp or fish in the summer. If there is no football or basketball they are home in a rough neighborhood with no supervision. Football can give kids a place to go in the summer for a couple hours, then the means to get to a teammate's house after practice and a safer place to be. Summer break is great for teachers and most kids. But it can also be the worst thing for the kids that need someone watching over them.
  18. They had 3 guys that averaged about 15-16 points per game last year and two were seniors. I've heard rumors that one of the kids returning is transferring but I don't know that. I don't expect them to be as good as they were last year. I think there will be several 11th region teams ahead of them. They might not get out of the 43rd district- which is not something to be embarrassed about.
  19. I have heard they are doing the first round of interviews this week.
  20. You take this job with the understanding that priorities are different in the lives of these kids. I read that article a couple years ago about the school programs that had to stop practicing and I think even cancel a game because the government was in a shutdown for a temporary amount time. I applaud anyone that wants to take on this type of job, and results shouldn't be the deciding factor on whether he is a successful coach or not.
  21. Congrats to Coach Drury for a successful career and retirement. The job has to be offered to the "coach in waiting" Bryan Hyatt, right? Hyatt has been a part of the program since he played in the mid-late 90's. I say Hyatt will do a great job if he is indeed named head coach. Any other possibilities to be head coach?
  22. Congrats to Coach Drury on a very successful career and his retirement. Has to be the "coach in waiting" Bryan Hyatt who gets the job offer, right? Hyatt has been a part of the program since he played in the late 90's. I say he will do a great job if hired as the head coach.
  23. They have a nice athletic complex out Athens-Boonesboro Rd. with a ton of land and several lacrosse/soccer fields. I imagine it will be out there.
  24. That's tough at Bryan Station. Drawing players in from other school districts in Fayette County is more than just basketball. There is a pretty big school climate difference at Bryan Station than other schools in the district from what I understand. It still really depends on getting the kids they have in their district 1)eligible 2) wanting to play basketball for their school 3) buying in and working together. Coach Johnson did a good job of that it seems.
  25. With the deadline for pink slips being April 15, hopefully they were able to make some decisions about staffing with a coach in mind. I know that a lot of other high schools in the district are reducing their teacher numbers by as many as 15.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.