Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fanatic

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UK Fanatic

  1. Bach led the scoring for the Panthers with 24 ( I think) and knocked down some tough shots. Huber probably had 15 or 16 and i thought he had a heck of a game. I believe Augusta only had 4 players score, so they stayed with the hot hands tonight.
  2. Augusta trailed 21-20 at halftime. Final score: Augusta 63 Bracken 41
  3. The cross-county rivals will go at it on Tuesday night. Thoughts or predictions? (I'm not sure of my own quite yet.)
  4. Not a big fan of playing on Sunday. Our district allows it, but I can only think of one or two occasions in the last 4-5 years when a team played on a Sunday. Practicing on Sunday, particularly if the team plays on Monday, is not nearly as rare.
  5. Nice out-of-region win for the Kittens.
  6. It was an exciting game to watch. The Panthers seemed to get a little tense, particulary near the end of the game.
  7. Nice rebound game tonight by the Panthers. Looked good against Bath.
  8. Augusta travels out of region to take on Bath County Friday night. Any thoughts? How is Bath County looking this year?
  9. I was surprised by this game and thought Augusta would make a game out of it. They came out hot with an early 9-2 lead, but the fire died out. They have to fix the issues they have and move on though with Bath County Friday and St. Pat Saturday.
  10. Overall, I thought it was a nice first game for the Panthers. Obviously not flawless, but a good win. One advantage Augusta should definitely have this season: depth and the ability to stay somewhat fresh. One issue is fouls, however. Augusta must have been called for 25 fouls, but no foul-outs. I guess that's where playing 10-12 players helps.
  11. I believe the location of this game has changed.
  12. This decision should have been made a couple of weeks ago, although it would have still been disappointing. Now this decision comes out, once schools are dismissed for Thanksgiving Break just days before the event. It's a let-down for everyone involved - players who were excited about this opportunity, as well as the students, parents, and fans who were looking forward to see their team play at Rupp.
  13. I would think coaches, parents, and the Principal, or at least Athletic Director. Considering the effects (and there are both positive and negative) that could come from moving a player up, I'm not sure how one could not involve administration. In education, the principal is ultimately responsible for everything that occurs in his/her building, and I believe there are a lot of questions that need to be asked when considering moving a player up, regardless of what sport it is.
  14. Interested to see how Bach performs this year. I imagine he'll start for Augusta this year. Didn't play an immense amount of minutes last year, but much more than the other freshmen. He was kind of overshadowed by last year's seniors as well. Not that playing time will come easy - 7 or 8 seniors, 3 or 4 juniors, and a several sophomores. Hinson will certainly have his choice of starters and whol will be first off the bench!
  15. There have been some time and opponent changes for this event. Here is the updated schedule: 2pm Harrison vs. Deming 3pm Mason vs. Deming 4pm Bracken vs. Scott HS 5pm Harrison vs. Scott HS 6pm Mason vs. Ripley 7pm Bracken vs. Ripley
  16. 3 or 4 are away at a camp of some sort, which only left a couple of players.
  17. They're at a disadvantage because of a lack of players. Not even thinking about game situations where injuries, fatigue, and foul trouble arise, when you only have 6, 7, or 8 players, it makes it difficult to even do things in practice. They only lost one senior though, and many of the girls have continued playing and working on their own this spring. Hopefully having what was the first year of varisty for many of the players under their belts, along with hard work in the off season, will pay off and be evident this year.
  18. Our district recognizes each player with a general award, and then gives something a bit extra to each Senior. No awards are given based on stats, etc. It's basically, you participated, so here's your plaque.
  19. Is Buddy Biggs still the coach at Ashland?
  20. It may be different, particularly for those who have followed the program over the past decade, but I think it's a positive change. Coach Kelsch has the opportunity to run the school that he loves, as principal, and I believe Coach Hinson is going to bring a great deal of energy to the program and will continue to build on what Coach Kelsch began. I am looking forward to ball season, and we're still 6+ months away!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.