Everything posted by Know It All
-
Grant County 55 Walton Verona 50
:thumb: You hit the nail right on the head.
-
Grant County 55 Walton Verona 50
Congratulations to the Braves! Wish I could have been there. It's hard to beat any team four times in a season.
-
Highlands 53 Walton Verona 30
That was the reason and I happen to be someone who would know the answer. so..please.
-
Simon Kenton 58 Walton Verona 55
Teams have to play back to back in Regionals. This is a good test for Walton.
-
Walton-Verona at Simon Kenton 1/6
Excellent observation.
-
Walton Verona 69 Trimble County 55
They play at Simon on Friday and at Grant on Saturday night. Back to back District games for the Bearcats!
-
Walton Verona 47 Christian Academy (IN) 36
Is life that miserable? "Rhetorical question, Farley."
-
Walton Verona 47 Christian Academy (IN) 36
Alright. Thanks, Clyde.
-
Walton Verona 47 Christian Academy (IN) 36
The players and parents also watched the NBA game afterwrds. Great memory for the kids. I think Marcus Teague played at the Indiana school, can anyone confirm that?
-
Lakota West (OH) 55 Simon Kenton 40
Box score?
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
You have to be old to qualify for a Waffle House meeting in Dry Ridge, I don't make the cut.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
Waste of time and money, imo.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
Either you lack the powers of observation or you tell yourself what you want to hear. If you truely believe WV won't at least make the attempt to get Kinmon playing his best ball then you do have some resentment. Have you noticed Coach Trame has played deep in to his bench every game with numerous combinations of players on the floor throughout each game? Kinmon hasn't been taking McNeil's minutes and nor should he. By the time the district tournament comes around, WV should be very pleased with their fairly new addition.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
Which part was idiotic? Matchups? Walton has a height advantage at practically every position. Experience? Walton won the 32nd District Tournament last season with essentially the same lineup. A few new additions this year. Talent? WV: I think most BPG account holders would agree McNeil and Hargett are both in the top tier of 8th Region players. Daniel Helton (transfer), 6'5, athletic, tough matchup for Grant. Kinmon (transfer), quick, best 6th man in the district when he isn't starting, quick pull up jumper, best passer on the team. Grant: Hunt - good 3 pt. shooter, streaky, good rebounder, strong, plays hard. Carr - good 3 pt. shooter, quick pull up jumper, has slow feet, lacks a defensive presence. Coleman - athletic, quick, plays out of control at times, good rebounder, above average defender, has an ugly history of knee injuries. Hurley - plays hard, knows his role (give the ball to Carr and Hunt), prone to turnovers, in-your-face on-the-ball defense. Shipp - 15 ft. and in, nice jumper, good rebounder, not overly quick, plays within himself. Grant runs a tough program with some great college prospects. (I'll be surprised if a top notch college doesn't hire Coach Hicks by year's end) You continuously bashed Kinmon throughout this thread. Take a look in the mirror. Click for Thread Watered down schedule? :lol: What side of the fence? Grant finished last year 9-20, of course it didn't go my way. What previous years? Do you have the slightest clue about what you're talking about? All that matters is winning, when that's taken care of I am satisfied. Hopefully, one day you will understand this. Possibly? Maybe. However, doubtful. Are you saying I'm not a true WV fan? Ugh, I'm crushed. You're retorts are diminishing my holiday spirits, Ebenezer. I am somewhat caught off guard by your lack of class. However not surprised. This is called a metaphor. :clap: However, it doesn't quite work in this scenario. If Grant County had been a train wreck then yes, your choice of words would suffice. I don't want to burst your happy bubble but I will anyways. I won't bash any players (unlike your animosity toward Kinmon) but Grant's team and the majority of teams in the state of Kentucky will sadly be forgotten unless they are lucky enough to play at Rupp. Players come in, they graduate, new players fill their spots. The cycle continues and always will. Most communities do not strive off HS athletics anymore but there are those "special" teams. Maybe Grant is that team, that would explain the overwhelming, warm tingly feeling in your gut. More than likely it's merely heart burn but there is always hope.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
I'll be disappointed if you're right.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
One play can win or lose a game, that's why you always give 110% every possession. I figured someone who is basketball savy would understand the concept that every play matters. Just like Kinmon's two free throws that gave Walton the victory. I'm not suggesting Hicks is a better coach, Walton has better matchups at every position, experience, and more talent. If both teams play their best ball, Grant loses by double digits every time. I wasn't at the game, but from what I heard Grant out-played Walton in every phase of the game and still lost. Congratulations to Walton for winning the tournament, even though the competition was weak.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59
Who made the free throws that gave Walton the final lead? Im surprised this game was close, Walton still needs a lot more improvement. A team like Grant shouldnt stay within double digits, imo.
-
Walton Verona 63 Owen County 58
Mosier had a huge game considering he only played a limited amount of minutes! Chad Lucas had an all around outstanding game and Hargett's shot selection was much better, even though he made some tough shots! Good Luck to WV, they have a Christmas tournament in Gatlinburg this week!
-
Simon Kenton/Walton Verona Predictions (12/16)
I'll miss this one tonight but I am taking WV 58-53.
-
St. Henry 54 Grant County 50
That's putting it nicely.
-
Grant County vs Simon Kenton Predictions
SK by a bundle :dancingpa
-
Gallatin County 49 Walton-Verona 39
Agreed. Also, every game I've watched them play, when the 4th quarter starts, their offense goes completely down the drain.
-
Grant County 63 Williamstown 61
delete
-
Gallatin County 49 Walton-Verona 39
I'm almost positive WV played 12 players as well, if someone could clarify that for me.
-
Grant County 63 Williamstown 61
Williamstown led at half, 37-25. Final Grant 63-61