Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 53 Walton Verona 30

Featured Replies

Final

 

The Birds dominated the game from the tip. They stymied the Bearcats with a gimmick zone defense which took away Walton's perimeter game.

 

Towles with 14 and Witte pitched in 13.

 

Walton Verona 7 10 5 8 30

 

Highlands 16 12 12 13 53

 

Walton Verona (12-7) -- T.Moeves 8, G.Moeves 6, Hargett 9, McNeil 3, Daugherty 2, Tilley 2.

 

Highlands (7-11) -- Towles 14, New 2, Lewis 4, Turner 8, Hope 1, True 2, Houliston 7, Witte 13, Buten 2.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for the Birds....:banana:

Will Coach Flynn like the term "gimmick zone defense?"

 

Surprising margin.

Interesting

Convincing win by the Birds. Congrats.

Will Coach Flynn like the term "gimmick zone defense?"

 

Surprising margin.

Not surprised at all. WV is a team that does not play well together. No continuity at all the three games I have seen. A shame, really, considering the talent that they have.
Heard it was like Walton did not even show up.

 

That seems to be their problem. You never know what you are going to get. Some nights they show up and other nights their not even in the gym. Too inconsistent with no real floor leader.

Has Walton underachieved this year? I thought they were supposed to be one of the better teams in the 8th.

Has Walton underachieved this year? I thought they were supposed to be one of the better teams in the 8th.

 

I believe they have. There are too many "I's" and not enought "we's". They have no floor general or anyone who has stepped up and taken charge. They have some talent but have not came together as a team. Don't know if they will be able to fix it this year.

  • Author
Will Coach Flynn like the term "gimmick zone defense?"

 

Surprising margin.

 

I doubt it. I used the term because it was a combination of a 3-2 zone on perimeter but when ball went to corner the kid at the point slid down to defend the block. It was very effective but WV didn't make any adjustments.

 

They hit a few 3's but They had zero inside presence. Hargett was their Lone bright spot with a nice breakaway two hand jam.

 

Birds attacked well as Towles, Witte, Turner and Houliston had nice games. True pulled some big boards off the bench and defended the corners well in the zone. Birds had True and Towles in a lot together to take advantage with their size. This was a nice win for the Birds.

I doubt it. I used the term because it was a combination of a 3-2 zone on perimeter but when ball went to corner the kid at the point slid down to defend the block.

 

How else would you rotate on a 3-2 zone? The point always drops down to the block in order to defend the post.

People keep saying a floor leader for Walton. I'm guessing G is for Grant Moeves. What does he play? Would he be considered in the lead role. Isn't he a Freshman? A little young for that role IMO.

I believe they have. There are too many "I's" and not enought "we's". They have no floor general or anyone who has stepped up and taken charge. They have some talent but have not came together as a team. Don't know if they will be able to fix it this year.
COACHING is WV problem
I doubt it. I used the term because it was a combination of a 3-2 zone on perimeter but when ball went to corner the kid at the point slid down to defend the block. It was very effective but WV didn't make any adjustments.

 

They hit a few 3's but They had zero inside presence. Hargett was their Lone bright spot with a nice breakaway two hand jam.

 

Birds attacked well as Towles, Witte, Turner and Houliston had nice games. True pulled some big boards off the bench and defended the corners well in the zone. Birds had True and Towles in a lot together to take advantage with their size. This was a nice win for the Birds.

Ahhh no bright spots.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.