Everything posted by banana slug
-
Jeremy Collins Is the new Cooper Head Coach
I believe this keeps the Coach Krumps coaching tree intact, as one ex-player replaces another, correct? Congrats to Coach Collins ! Good luck.
-
Will Coaches Krumpelbeck (Cov Cath) and Bob Mantooth (Apollo) reach 1000 wins?
I'm not familiar with Coach Mantooth; however, I do believe Coach Krumps will hit the mark. He still enjoys coaching and teaching, so I think he'll be around for a while longer. He has done a very nice job with this year's team. CCH only had one returning starter and very little varsity experience, and have enjoyed a nice year. I've lost count, but I believe this will be around 35 straight years of 20 wins or more. Congrats to all of the coaches mentioned, those are incredible benchmarks of success.
-
Dixie's Coach Maxwell gets his 600th win
Congrats to Max, a class act and a fine coach.
-
Cooper 4 Covington Catholic 1
Tired? You've been a member since October, 150 posts. TOG, how dare you compliment an opponent, congratulate the team, then give your fact-based assesment of your own team. Please follow FOM's lead on how things work on BGP. TOG, the people that should matter, love what you do !
-
Official: Markel McClendon transfers to Holmes
Question, how often are transfers denied? I'm not familiar with any examples of a private school transfer to a public school ever being denied. Are there examples of public to private, or public to public where the party has not moved (other than Moss' situation), that have been approved transfers? The appeal that I am most familiar with was private to private based on educational opportunities and relationships (good but not great athelete), and it was denied.
-
Mike Flynn Resigns From Highlands
I've read this entire thread, but know nothing about HHS basketball; Many posters have expressed an interest in a basketball coach that can recruit some football players to participate. Wouldn't that place your AD/football coach in a juxtaposition or conflict of interest when selecting the coach? Not a pot-stirrer, just curious.
-
Is Ryle Looking For A New Coach?
I don't think CCH has any regrets . Fresh thinking might be what they need in Union.
-
Schedule lots of Turf fields ?
Is it true that NKU's infield is field turf? I'm not sure if any high school games are scheduled there, but some Southwest Ohio League teams generally play there during the summer.
-
Rules quiz
- Blarge
Football, ask the Green Bay Packers. Wrong or right, it was a judgement call that each ref interpretted differently. One ref conceded.- Blarge
Perhaps it should be that way then. I've seen football officials pick up flags, or baseball umps override anothers' call. Obviously my examples above were to just point out how ridiculous this rule is. Can you name another sport where such an example would apply?- Blarge
That neither official would concede on the call whether it be due to vantage point, positioning, or area of responsibility or whatever. There are occassions in all sports that requires the officials to confer and come to a concensus. One ref was adamant that he would not change his call and he was furthest from the play; the way that he handled the discussion was telling. I realize that proximity does not mean that he was not in equal or better positioning.- Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60
Nothing but praise, congratulatory words and well-wishes from CCH to Holmes; from the head coach, the players, the faithful, and it's #1 fan. More important than a BGP post, this was in person and action immediately after a tough and disappointing loss. Qryche is not a Holmes fan, and I didn't comment the first few times he posted his trite and predictable comments.- Blarge
Exactly. If not by "head ref", at least defer to the ref that had better positioning. This call was game-changing and it screams EGO-centricity on the part of the officiating crew.- Blarge
Could you imagine such a rule in another sport? Upon further review, the runner was down at the one, AND he did cross the goal, TD ! I'm looking forward to the next foul-homerunF0-RUN !- Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60
Give it a rest and show some class Q.- Blarge
I understand how and why it happens, and to some degree am surprised that I have never seen it before in my 50+ years of watching basketball. Does anyone have a video link for the game?- Blarge
- Coach Ruthsatz is a class act!
For the record, the people that have made comments within this thread about 'changing their perception' were not CCH fans; the CCH fans are 'surprised' to hear that anyone would have a negative perception. The CCH faithful appreciate that they've got a very special coach and a good, sincere man.- Has Chuck Smith applied at Boone County?
Some Birds fans are insufferable, this is why I call them Hubris Heights. Can't help themselves from jacking every thread.- Does Dave Wirth want out of CovCath?
I don't think any/many CCH supporters that would disagree with you. Everyone knows that it is a financial sacrifice for all teachers, coaches and staff that are involved with parochial education in Northern Kentucky. He needs to do what he feels is necessary or best for his family. Best of luck to him.- Does Dave Wirth want out of CovCath?
Apparently you got the impression that I was calling you out for sharing this. Nope, wasn't aiming in your direction. This is your livelihood, it is discussion-worthy, and you use your position of power to your advantage. I appreciate the challenge; but you do this well, and I do what I do well.- Does Dave Wirth want out of CovCath?
Guru, I'm left guessing how your credible source(s) would have information on three unrelated opportunities (Dixie, LaSalle, Boone) unless it's coming from DW himself. If not, it seems like there should be a modicum of professional privacy or confidentiallity to prevent this information from being leaked, especially to an owner of an opinion board. Perhaps if you would make public a list of all of the candidates that have applied it may pacify the impression that you or the provider of this information are biased or have an agenda. I have no idea of the veracity of the story; however, if he does leave then I believe that it is just a financial decision. Coach Wirth appreciates the support and respect of the CCH community, and he seems to enjoy being of part of the school.- Oldest Gym in NKY
That's correct, I think they refer to it as 'the girl's gym'. As of a few years ago, they still used it for some middle school games. Venerable old place, reminded me of the gym in Hoosiers.- If CovCath gets the chance against Beechwood should they...
I think the chances are greater that we'll see Guru roaming the CCH sidelines donning a Colonel mascot, and singing the fight song, than CCH running up the score. - Blarge