Everything posted by LionFan
-
Staying Alive Contest (Week #1)
Fern Creek Prestonsburg Fairview Crittenden Co. Butler Lex. Cath.
-
Players Moving on To College
I think Ferg would regret making that decision the rest of his life. Trust me, been there and done that and I still think about what a stupid move I made by not taking the free ride and playing college sports. I wish him the best at what ever he desides to do.
-
Favorite teams to watch in Sweet 16 history.....
2009 Elliott County Lions!!!
-
Players Moving on To College
:thumb: I totally agree. I just know that most college coaches won't consider a kid that walks off the floor instead of running unless they are a highly sought after player.
-
Players Moving on To College
I heard it from the horses mouth. Playing hard and competing is only half of it, you must have a good attitude at all times.
-
Players Moving on To College
Players must realize that a college coach doesn't want to see a player get mad because he is coming out of the game and walk to the bench shaking his head. I know one coach in particular that was interested before witnessing this in the Holmes game.
-
State Tournament Format
Change it please!!! Playing two games in one day for the state championship is insane. Make it a five day tournament and start it on Tuesday.
-
Best performances of the Sweet 16
This was by far the most impressive to me, and then it seemed like they quit trying to get him the ball. Did anyone else notice this, he was wide open in the corner numerous time and they chose to drive and force shots instead of kicking it out to Ferguson. Then it was the same way against Shelby Valley and Holmes. Which against Holmes Rico had him locked up pretty good. It may just be me but it seemed like they picked the wrong time to try to out shine one and other.
-
Who will be attending the Sweet Sixteen this week?
Just curious how many BGP members will be attending this years Sweet Sixteen, how many days are you attending, and where are you staying?
-
Rank the Sweet 16 Teams
:thumb: Great post.
-
Sweet 16 Memories
I remember that well.
-
2009 Kentucky State Champ?
I just don't see anyone beating Elliott County.
-
Elliott County 92 Ashland 59
Maybe that had something to do with Ashland pressing and fouling while down 35 points, and they did call the dogs off they could have beat them by 60 if they wanted to.
-
West Jessamine vs. Hazard
Hazard by 4.
-
Is Jim Hicks going to Fleming?
:thumb:
-
Hypothetical matchup - Elliott Co. vs. Holmes
If this matchup was to occur (which I don't think it will) Elliott would win by double digits. Holmes has really stuggled offensively lately and Elliott's press would give them fits.
-
Christian County vs. Holmes
Christian County by 4.
-
Anderson County vs. Elliott County
Elliott County by 8.
-
Central vs. Graves County
Central by 6.
-
Grayson County vs. Adair County
Adair County by 7.
-
Corbin vs. Eastern Predictions
Eastern by 6.
-
Mason County vs. Shelby Valley
Mason County by 5.
-
Elliott County 83 Lewis County 61
No disrespect to Coach Mays but I think my 15 year old could have coached these boys to an unbeaten record in the 16th. I'm not saying the region is that weak, just these boys are that good. It seemed to me like Ethan calls all of the plays, when they actually run a play, most of the time it's fast break points or long range bombs.
-
Elliott County 83 Lewis County 61
Congrats to Elliott County, you are truly by far the best team in the 16th region. The one thing I wanted to say is it was a very classless act by the PA announcer at the beginning of the game to announce Elliott County would be playing the winners of the 61st district Bath County. How in the world could you be qualified to announce a game and not know who was playing. This was totally disrespectful to the players and the fans of Lewis County.
-
Lewis County 62 Bath County 59
Great win for the Lions. I knew this team was underachieving during the regular season and it was just a matter of time before they broke out of there shell. Coach Hampton showed he is the best coach in the region. How many people predicted Lewis County in the finals of the region.