Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite teams to watch in Sweet 16 history.....

Featured Replies

Mine would most definately be Breckinridge County. I would like to know some more about this team if someone knows about them. Where they are now? Their names? I vaguely remember a Critchalow (sp?) and Mattingly.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay County--Richie Farmer

Ballard--Jeff Lamp

Mason County--Lets see...who was that guy? You know the one Tubby said wasn't good enough for UK, played somewhere else, wore orange....

Mine would most definately be Breckinridge County. I would like to know some more about this team if someone knows about them. Where they are now? Their names? I vaguely remember a Critchalow (sp?) and Mattingly.
Patrick Critchelow is now the coach at Breckinridge County. He was recognized as a "Sweet 16 legend" during the state tournament.

 

Critchelow and teammate Adam Mattingly won a national title at Kentucky Wesleyan, but I haven't heard anything about Mattingly since.

Edmiston County ... can't recall the year, about 15 years back?
Edmonson County won the state title in 1976. Edmonson's star now is the son of one of the starters on the state championship team.
Clay County--Richie Farmer

Ballard--Jeff Lamp

Mason County--Lets see...who was that guy? You know the one Tubby said wasn't good enough for UK, played somewhere else, wore orange....

 

 

Can you provide a link and show me where OTS said that?:deadhorse:

  • Author
Edmiston County ... can't recall the year, about 15 years back?

 

 

You mean 33 years back? You are older than you thought:lol::lol:

What year did Jeff Royce play at Mason County? I remember him hitting two or three game winning shots in the Sweet Sixteen one year.

Clay County--Richie Farmer

Ballard--Jeff Lamp

Mason County--Lets see...who was that guy? You know the one Tubby said wasn't good enough for UK, played somewhere else, wore orange....

A lot of people missed on Lofton ... it wasn't just UK.
  • Author
Patrick Critchelow is now the coach at Breckinridge County. He was recognized as a "Sweet 16 legend" during the state tournament.

 

Critchelow and teammate Adam Mattingly won a national title at Kentucky Wesleyan, but I haven't heard anything about Mattingly since.

 

I must have missed that game. What game did he get recognized in?

  • Author

Rick Jones' shot against Catholic was probably my most memorable moment.

Can you provide a link and show me where OTS said that?:deadhorse:

 

Do you think Tubby wanted him, but Lofton didn't want to go to UK?

I must have missed that game. What game did he get recognized in?
Sometime on Wednesday, I think.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.