Everything posted by sidelinedoc
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
The Inflatable Ram was bought by several donors. That happened after a parent/booster passed away and we thought it would be a great tribute to him to purchase it. As far as grant money and city park status....... This is first I have ever heard of this. Besides, have you looked at our field? It's the worst field we will play on all year.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
It IS a $ thing when it comes to the week 0. Getting that check from Ashland is factored into our budget. I know the Pikeville Bowl invite was turned down for 2 reasons. 1. we were already under contract for Ashland 2. the $ made traveling to Ashland vs no money and traveling to Belfry = stay closer to home. Anyways, the teams being looked into and close to signing will be outside the travel radius so all those, including you spindoc, will be happy.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
^ Like I posted earlier, we have a 2A perennial power that we are working on to at least schedule for a 2 year series. It looks good but not signed to date, at least to my knowledge.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
LCA was a District game and we had to travel, just like Nicholas Co. And for the record, I am FOR traveling to play good teams but I have been told and have seen the numbers as to why we try and stay as local as possible. Unfortunately, it always comes back to money. 1 game, maybe not as big a deal, but multiple travel games are hard on the kids and their routines as well as the purse strings. I'm sure Coach Salmons will get it worked out. We may have to look at out of state teams again.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
I get it, to a point. But playing a "club team", West Union, will not improve your team.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
Well, flying (your reference) or riding a bus....scheduling the weeks we have empty have been difficult. We do have one that may be in the works that will fit into your demands but it isn't in stone as of now.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
Didn't think of that one.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
Well, playing Ashland is just as good as any good out of town team. And yes, the money from Ashland is too good to pass up. Plus, we are there in 20 min vs leaving school and traveling by bus for 2 hours. By the time expenses are taken out, I am sure we lose money whereas the Ashland gate is pure profit.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
I like the idea but the school bus mileage issue and expenses to travel isn't conducive to our budget.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
It has been brought to my attention that East Carter will not renew it's contract with Raceland for football. This is a growing trend. Boyd County dropped us a few years ago, Sheldon Clark revoked a 2 year deal before we even played. Our District has shrank from 4 to 3 teams. It is becoming difficult for us to find opponents to fill our 10 game schedule.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
Lloyd
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
A bunch of what?
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
TCB!!!
-
Conner at Simon Kenton Predictions
I give the edge to SK this week.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
Nice information. Thanks for the post. 21 ran the ball well in the Grid.
-
Ironton (OH) at Russell Predictions (Sept 2)
Good luck to the Devils.
-
Ashland at George Washington (WV) predictions
Until Brown returns and other starters get healthy, the Tomcats will struggle. I have to go with GW in this one.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
There is a nice blog for NEKY sports. You can follow it on Twitter, @elrem1. So far, very good articles.
-
Greenup County 20 Russell 6 (JV)
Congratulations to GC!
-
1A #6 Hazard at 5A Letcher County Central Predictions
I believe Hazard goes to 3-0.
-
East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions
:dancingpa
-
Raceland 20 Ashland 13
Well, to be honest, beating Ashland is special. We haven't beaten them since 2008. Now, beating Russell is no big deal. Heck, we do that every year.
-
Russell 7 Greenup County 6
And just so you know, I mean no disrespect by calling out your OLine but as you stated, Conley et al will have difficulty all year if they don't get this fixed. Even though 8-26 seems to like to name call, he is correct about your QB needing to get better. Landon Brewer is too talented to not be able to make a difference in the passing game.
- East Carter @ Raceland, 9/4/16 Thoughts/Predictions