Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
But you just said he didn't start because Dom was better on Defense???????:idunno:
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
No way... Housely is known as a defensive player. Not saying DJ isn't solid on D, but there's no way you think Housely isn't starting because of his D. I remember comments about Housely being the defensive stopper this Holmes team needed after losing Arrez from last year.
-
Covington Catholic 43 Covington Holy Cross 39
It was awesome to see Mitch Shover get in during this one. What an ovation! Congrats Mitch.
-
Covington Catholic 43 Covington Holy Cross 39
We should preface every 9th region thread with a poll about whether or not it will turn into a Holmes thread. Congrats ETA you've done it again.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
:deadhorse:
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
Yet you defended them because someone said that they are beatable. Anyways back to the game... After thinking about the matchups more I'm thinking this game has the potential to be an instant classic. Biggest key for HC is to keep Maile off the offensive glass, and biggest key for CovCath is to handle the defensive pressure on the guards.
-
Holmes 69 Dixie Heights 46
The real question is which one will you be defending in a couple years?:sssh:
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
So 26 unforced turnovers aren't part of the game and means that Holmes didn't almost lose that game? Quit defending them so hard it's ok for people to say they are beatable... they are high school kids they are going to have games where they aren't there mentally. More than likely we will be seeing Holmes at Rupp and I think everyone in this area will be cheering for them to bring a state title back.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
:lol: In all seriousness though it was an amazing game, and it was a pretty cool scene after he made that runner.:popcorn:
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
Lol if by block or miss you mean fouled as he was blindsided on his spin move.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I rest my case.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
As well you should be that's where he gets a lot of his points. The most he scores in the half court is honestly when he's posting up other guards. CovCath shouldn't really have a problem stopping HC on defense. Both teams just need to worry about how they will score.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
No Fortner barely even plays.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I agree Thelen would be a huge boost, but you say this before every Holy Cross game. How many big guys have dominated Holy Cross this year? Hardly any... HC's defense helps so much it's almost impossible for a big guy to really dominate them.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
Fortner hardly plays???? :confused::idunno: Are you kidding about the Kowolonek statement? He had him locked up all night. Most of Kowolonek's eight came off of Grote getting into the lane and Romes helping so he'd dish to Kowolonek.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
True. Sounds like a good chance for the worst call in basketball.... the double foul.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I don't know that Giwa has his way. I'd say he gets his typical 15-20 but his non-existent outside shot keeps him from dominating.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I didn't think about that. That could be a very interesting matchup.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
One thing that most won't expect is HC trying to take advantage of Giwa in transition. If CovCath misses shots the Indians will look to get it ahead to Giwa and let him push to try to get a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 situation in the open court where he thrives. When CovCath scores Holy Cross will still slow it down and be very patient, but I see them utilizing the fast break more often tomorrow night when it's there.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I would whole-heartedly disagree with you... as would Rick Schumate which is why Romes guards every team's best player. Bottom line is Ives couldn't stop Giwa in the post the same way Romes couldn't.
-
Boone County @ Ryle game at 6:00pm tonight
Yeah especially when the girls game is going to be as good as this one.
-
Beechwood 53 Covington Holy Cross 45
That's what I was thinking.:thumb:
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
Well you are right about the zone and in that case he won't be posting up. But answer this... Do you think Ives is more physical and a better defender than Romes?
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
That's why I said regardless of who guards him. He will post Ives up too.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I'm not saying you're wrong because Maile will get his, but you know HC doesn't guard anyone straight up. That's why they've been successful on the defensive end this year because of their team D. I look for Maile to have about 20. The matchup I'm most interested in and in my opinion will have the biggest impact on the outcome is Maschinot/Giwa. How will Connor handle the pressure from one of the better on the ball defenders in the area? If he loses his confidence early it could be trouble for the Colonels. I also expect for HC to look to get it into Giwa in the post regardless of who guards him.