Everything posted by Thomas Magnum
-
Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?
- Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?
The fact that Bell is 4A and Corbin is 2A should not even be a factor. Both of these schools have great tradition in the last 15-20 years and should be playing. Playing tougher competion makes you better and prepares your team for the playoffs. I know there is bad blood between the two schools (prior to the punching the ref incident) but that is part of a great rivalry. Shoot, there is even a sleeper cell in the Bell camp,LOL. From an outsiders view it is clear that Corbin ended the series and refuses to renew. From a fans standpoint if they played this friday it would be the game I would drive to Corbin or Log Mountain to watch. Why cheat themselves and the fans by not playing? ONLY Steve Jewell and Dudly Hilton can answer that truefully and honestly. Fans on BGP can only talk about their opinions and why they think they are not playing.- Corbin v.s North Laurel Predictions???
It is a shame that Wardrup does not play on a team that has a chance to make the playoffs, he is a talanted kid, Corbin has several kids who are very talanted and they appear to play well as a team.- Whitley Co. 22 Letcher Co. Central 14
Whitley has improved but I think you may be putting the cart before the horse, Lynn Camp is the only team that Whitley should be focusing on right now, although from all accounts they did play well on Friday night, especially on the road.- Mountain top 10 this week?
Don't worry LMB Bell is still on top.- Corbin v.s North Laurel Predictions???
North by a Bunch..................................... No not really Corbin will win by what ever score they want to put up.- Corbin 14 Middlesboro 7
Lots of bragging rights were at stake in this game, and Corbin won them. Lots of history between these two programs too, these are the ingrediants for a great rivalry. There is no doubt Corbin was the better team Friday night, as indicated by the score board which in the long and short of it is all that matters. Both teams will be better for having played it and I am sure if Middlesboro is lucky enough to get back to the region championship it will be another heated game. Before anyone gets mad I say lucky enough becuase they will have to upset P-Burg since they appear to be the #1 in the opposite district while Corbin will be the #1 in this district. As for Friday night it is in the books......- Corbin 14 Middlesboro 7
I was surprised by this score however I was not surprised by the outcome. Middlesboro could not stop the rushing game of Whitley and I had not seen anything thus far to think that Middlesboro had improved at stopping the rush. 266 is pretty good but with the reputation of the Corbin backs I expected well over 300 yards, and several more TDs. It was a good win regardless, any win on the road in the district is a good win.- Lynn Camp/Whitley County Predictions
- You write the funny caption #2:
Could someone pass the BC Powder!!!- You write the funny caption #3:
I use BEANO don't you wish everyone did!!!!:flame:- Why do teams kick/punt the football to Austin Collinsworth?
I think depending on the team it could be any or all of the above. Most coaches will respect a player like him and not want to give him the chance to hurt their team with a big return. Generally I would think that it would be lack of the ability to kick the ball where you want to, and maybe a bit of gambling, in that they figure that their team can cover the kick better than the last victim.- Lynn Camp/Whitley County Predictions
Whitley has those same doctors on retainer............and don't count on a release the next week, remember Jim Black used to coach at Williamsburg. Seriously, the Wildcats will give Whitley a good game. Whitley is liable to have a let down after the big win on the road at Letcher.- Whitley Co. 22 Letcher Co. Central 14
You are right Whitley was more physical but that really came as no surprise. What you seem to forget is that Whitley gave the game away last year, they could not kick an extra point, and fumled which was scooped and scored, plus a blocked punt, and TWO conversions on fourth down for TDs.... I don't think Whiltey is the one using excuses, just pointing out a fact that you have to be 14 points better on the road and especially when you have that long of a trip.- Whitley Co. 22 Letcher Co. Central 14
Clay County may have something to say about that!! It sounded like Whitley played better defensively than offensively, I mean they were averaging like 35 points a game and only scored 22. Letcher was averaging like 42 and only scored 14, Whiltey's defense must have really carried the load. What about the last play it sounded like a wild one, I was suprised Sports Overtime did not have that play on tape. Congrats Colonels on a nice victory, keep it rolling.- Week Six WYMT Mountain Top Ten
The number 1 ranking in the mountians and $1.06 will get you a cool ice tea from McD's. It is really no big deal other than being ranked in the top ten gives your team some recognition for all the hard work. Who really cares about being #1 in week six, I am sure that both Belfry and Bell would much rather be #1 about week 15!!!!- Dominating Teams
I agree to some extent, talant does have something to do with it, but it is like Joe Pa says, if you don't like the score being run up on you, get a better defense. It is the offenses job to score and no good coach would ever tell his team not to score, and it is the defense job to stop the offense, if they can't then it is not offenses fault, GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!! BTW the football field is a "NO WHINING ZONE!!!":madman:- Week Six WYMT Mountain Top Ten
LOL.....:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:- Perry Central vs Clay Co
Glad to hear that it was nothing serious. I am sure that was a tough decision to make. But to the coaches credit they looked at the big picture and were not short sighted. Props to the coaches for making the right decision based on what was best for the kid first and the team second.- Week Six WYMT Mountain Top Ten
Well somebody has to be number one to start the season, and they have held up their end of the bargin by not getting beat. Normally (fair or not) if you don't get beat you maintain your ranking. And I would agree the pollsters are not too good, I think coaches do a much better job, but you would never get a true public (coaches poll) poll since every week the team that they are playing they would rank #1......- Week Six WYMT Mountain Top Ten
I would venture to say that the reason that Bell is ahead of Belfry is because when they are in alphabetical order Belfry comes first, and they are trying to make Bell feel better. OR it could be that Bell has played a tougher schedule and is more well thought of by the pollsters, and get more votes....... Personally I think Bell is the best team in the mountains right now. That could change but right now (this week) they are better. "Get over it" or not it makes no difference they are still the best team and it won't change the poll even if you don't get over it- Perry Central vs Clay Co
Offense aside (with Amis returning). PCC showed that they could not stop the pass, whitley had one long one called back and PCC let recievers get behind their DBs all night long. Whitley does not even pass the ball that well, and Clay does. How will PCC stop Zach Lewis? Even it gets into a scoring fest, Clay has the advantage, even with Amis playing, BTW why did he not play last week?- Corbin vs. Middlesboro predictions
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:- Rockcastle County and McCreary Central Predictions!!!
Rock wins this if for no other reason it is "ROCTOBER"- Rockcastle County and McCreary Central Predictions!!!
I shouldn't post this but I will!!!! I went to the KHSAA to check on the team stats, and Roark actually has scored more than Watts. Here is the thing, coaches spend little or no time on here, they are too busy watching film, crafting a game plan both offensively and defensively. I am sure that Rock's coaches will be well versed in what McCreary wants to do offensively and defesively. And no offense to Harlan but they are not Rockcastle. It is (should) be easy for a 4A team to defeat a mediocre 1A team. (Props to Williamsburg who defeated McCreary for defending the honor of 1A) Rock wins this one, but I admire the way you support you team - Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?