Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thomas Magnum

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thomas Magnum

  1. May not have been Ledington's decision to leave, sometimes you get invited to leave. I would be surprised to see John Smith leave Whitley for Bell, I could see him leaving for Middlesboro. If they traded would Whitley have to throw in their top releiver? LOL Seriously, if this came about, I think Whitley would be loosing a fine teacher and baseball coach. BUT I think that they would also be getting a fine teacher and baseball coach. Bottom line I could see it being a win-win situation for both teams and schools.
  2. Not to worry Whitley wants to play teams with coaches with an understanding of sportsmanship. :fire: Maybe they should have saved some of those points for Pulaski SW!!!! Might have saved a quick exit, but scoring 100 I am sure was more important than a district title.:laugh: BTW where was Raider Rob during the Cumberlands camp? I am sure they could have learned alot from the Cumberlands program,:ylsuper:
  3. Anyone word on the Colonels? I have heard that they had a decent summer schedule, but no details other than they had a nice camp a the Cumberlands.
  4. You make some good points but...... Letcher graduated lots of good football players, they do return their QB who is pretty darn good. Nobody really expected Letcher to as good as they were last year, much of it to a weak non district schedule and a below average district. The Colonels could turn it around much the way that Letcher did last year, as they return most of their team.
  5. Looking at the schedule, Clay goes to Whiltey, while Whitley goes to Letcher, and Clay goes to Letcher. With a new coach and all that traveling, I move Clay to third, move Letcher up to first and Whitley to second.
  6. Soooooo......what is the latest on the football complex? They have a nice sign and a large area to build on, but there is nothing being done. When will the start? I heard earlier they wantd to finish this season in the new stadium. It does not look like they will be in it this year.
  7. Heard that Whitley had a nice summer program with trips to different camps, and made progress, what is the latest?
  8. Of course this is all taking place in Clay County and sometimes they play by different rules. (anyone who has seen basketball there knows that.....joking)
  9. Actually I think it is the Site Based Council who does the hiring upon the recomendation of the principal. Of course many times it is the Supt. who makes the decision and it is passed on to the principal then to the site based council. I am sure there will be some split loyalties in Mancester over this one.
  10. What passing camps will the Colonels be attending, anything close? I would love to see how the Air Black offense is coming along in year three. It will be interesting to see who replaces McCumbers at QB and how he fits into the Jim Black offensive (passing) scheme.
  11. Totally accurate statement except for the fact that Campbell was safe at home and the game should have been over right then. IF Cahsen tagged him and I am still not convienced he did, he got him on the legs which is usually good but since Campbell slid head first he was safe.
  12. With all the land that they are clearing it appears that it is going to a really large complex. Mr. Anderson is always looking to put Whitley County at the front of the line, and this complex is no different it would appear.
  13. Word is that Whitley County is going to be installing a synththic turf field at their new complex. The will have grass practice field for both soccer and football, but the game field will be turf. I am sure that both teams will practice on the game field, although soccer should not bother football for a couple of years.
  14. It is the baseball tournament held at Whitley County, I did not know he was playing baseball, has he played in the past?
  15. What is the expected completion date for the new field? The playing surface itself and stands should go quickly, depends on what else they plan on putting there, I am starving for more details. Why is everything so quite around this project, I fugured they would have a big ceremony:sssh:
  16. I thought they their pitching staff was led by a Senior, and they have several seniors and juniors playing in all the positions.
  17. Just how familiar are you with the Whitley County School System? The Supt. really goes all out for sports and wants to have the best stuff for his school sysptem. I heard today that they have already traveled all over the state looking at different schools facilities, from Trinity to Pikeville and are trying to take the best from all of them. I have heard that they are going to have TWO jumbo-trons, and artificial turf, all seat back seating on the home side. What does lead have to do with it, is it more expensive to have it? Williamsburg is building a new football stadium to replace their current one, maybe they are just trying to keep up with the Jackets. The soccer thing is just too hard for me to believe, they have no feeder program and no coaches, when are they going to start it? I really like the place they play now and it seems to me that they are wasting money that could be spent on other stuff, like Williamsburg is wasting money replacing the Findley-Legion Field/Rose-Stanfeild Stadium on the whim of their Supt.
  18. I don't know if I buy that or not....Where is all the youth?
  19. I was driving south on 25W about a half mile from the entrance (where all the road construction is, in front of the elementary school) to Whiltey County HS and saw a sign which was advertising a new football and soccer complex at Whitley County. Rumors had been around for a little while but this is proof that the Colonels are getting a new stadium. And soccer too? What is wrong with the old one? Details Please!!!!!
  20. What is the latest from the Colonel Nation, everything seems to be static. Is Lebanion with the team and lifting or is he with the basketball team in open gym or with the track team? He is very talanted in all three.
  21. Whitley needs consistant guard play, nothing flashey just solid getting the ball to Lebanion where he can get to the bucket. They need to limit turnovers and I agree they need solid post play. Chis Baker has done a great job getting the program headed in the right direction and if they continue to progress they could win twenty next year (if they schedule is favorable)
  22. Williamsburg will be a much improved TEAM this year. They did not lose anyone from last years team and gave a very good McCreary team all they wanted late in the year. At times last year Coach Robinson would out coach his opponent then the next game get out coached badly. Sound familiar? It is like a young kid playing well one game then struggling the next. I have no doubt as he matures as a coach he will improve and so will Williamsburg. Will they compete year in and year out for a district title? Probably not but they can enjoy those years when they are competing with the big schools.
  23. According to the KHSAA rules and directives to assigning officials they are not supposed to be calling those games but when the assigning official is from Corbin I guess that is over looked but it certainly is not when other schools are involved.
  24. Didn't the coach of Williamsburg get thrown out of the first game? Did he coach the second game? For Coach Stricklin to get thrown out, there must have been a good reason, as he is not one to complain. and of course we all know that Corbin has never griped about umpiring. Congrats to Williamsburg on the split.
  25. Baserunning errors may have cos the Jackets but in the end it was the Jackets inability to stop Whitley from having a track meet on the bases with something like 20 stolen bases in the two games and not one base runner thrown out by the catcher. I was impressed with the Barton kid, I thought he threw it pretty well for an 8th grader, but like I said in an earlier thread no team should be having to start (rely) on a pitcher that young. I thought it was as much the coaching of John Smith as the play of the Colonels that won the first game. Jordan McCumbers is a guy who seems to come up big in big games for the Colonels. When the Colonels start to hit the ball they are going to a very tough team. How about that field? If the infield playing surface is not one of the best natural fields in the state I would be surprised. Although the outfield had some rough spots, and looks to not have fully recovered from the drought last summer.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.