Bell Co.

THE FAN

I keep hearing rumors that Smith(whitley) and Ledington (Bell) have traded jobs. Anyone know anything about this?

I don't know what happened, I put this quote under 13th region coaching changes and it popped up hear?

Edited by STRIKE3
edited to comply with Rule #13

Had to be a tough decision fo Ledington to make. He only lost 1 player from the regional championship team. He also brings back a team with a ton of experience. Money may have had something to do with it.

May not have been Ledington's decision to leave, sometimes you get invited to leave. I would be surprised to see John Smith leave Whitley for Bell, I could see him leaving for Middlesboro.

If they traded would Whitley have to throw in their top releiver? LOL

Seriously, if this came about, I think Whitley would be loosing a fine teacher and baseball coach. BUT I think that they would also be getting a fine teacher and baseball coach. Bottom line I could see it being a win-win situation for both teams and schools.

I also think that if it happens it would be a rare thing for two schools in the same region to exchange coaches.

Two of the best coaches in the region as well. I have heard that Knox Central wanted Ledington, but this surprises me if it is true.