Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CincySportsFan

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CincySportsFan

  1. "With the 22nd pick in the 2022 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select Chris Olave, wide receiver, Ohio State."
  2. Bengals have their free agent TE signing. One year deal for former Falcon Hayden Hurst. Last year he had 26 receptions for 221 yards and 3 TD's.
  3. Saw that Kyle Schwarber signed with the Phillies. Wonder if Bob is having his guys on the phone calling the Red Sox? You'd have to think Votto would waive his no-trade to get out of this dumpster fire, right?
  4. Dallas right tackle La'el Collins has been released and is now a free agent. Bengals probably could've traded for him and not had to give up much in return, as everyone knew his release was eminent. But, it would have locked him in for 3 years, at $10M each. So, you have to figure that if they offer him something, it's going to be less than that, right? But, will that be enough to keep him away from the Patriots and the Dolphins. The ace in the hole that the Bengals may be hoping will tip everything in their favor, is that OL coach Frank Pollack was Collins' coach his first 3 years in the league.
  5. Bengals re-sign QB Brandon Allen back to a one-year deal. A good signing, in my opinion, that I hope we never have utilize. I much prefer Allen over someone like Ryan Finley.
  6. I think yesterday at 4 or 5pm was when teams HAD to get down to a certain number for the new season. Now, if they've cleared an additional $30M beyond that....that's a pretty good number. For what it's worth, I was worried more about Watson possibly going to Pittsburgh than Cleveland (sorry Browns fans). Just more stability there. Plus, getting out of the AFC North is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended) anyway, and the AFC in general is going to be a true gauntlet to go through. The NFC South is going to be wide open once TB12 retires, again. So, if I had to hedge a bet on what division he ends up in, I'd go there.
  7. You can take Conklin off the list now. He signs with the Jets, 3 years, $21 million. Thought that number may have what the Bengals offered CJ, which is why he left. If they offered that to Conklin, not sure why he'd pick the Jets.
  8. If it was just that, it would be bad enough. The kicker is they're paying the new guy $8 million MORE than the guy they just got rid of. You literally could've given Amir Garrett to another team, AND offered to pay his salary...and you still would've been in better financial shape. SELL THE TEAM, BOB!
  9. In one of the least surprising moves of the off-season, the Bengals don't re-sign Darius Phillips. He signs with the Raiders today.
  10. What the h-e-double-toothpicks are they doing? We dump salaries by letting all these other guys go, and then take on a $10 million guy that's washed up? Does somebody have compromising pictures of Bob? This makes absolutely ZERO sense! SELL THE TEAM, BOB!
  11. Curious...who are these people that pine for a single class system? Are we talking about high school basketball diehards/purists...people that go to the state tournament, regardless of who's participating? Then, yeah, I can see where the attraction might be in that. Why? Because there's a chance for built-in drama, with the David(s) taking on the Goliaths. Everybody loves an underdog. Unfortunately, I think the high school basketball diehards/purists are dying out, and not being replaced. Fathers are not taking off of work, or pulling their kid out of school to go watch the Sweet 16. It's not the "tradition" it used to be. Otherwise, we wouldn't have discussion on how to increase attendance each year. And that's WITH having a single-class tournament. So, in any sport, when you're faced with "staying with tradition" or "changing to improve the game"...you might have to change. Look at MLB. Pitchers hit for how long? Then the AL bastardized it (according to the old-timers) with the DH in the early 70's. And now, here we are and it's going to be league-wide. In another 10 years, it won't even be a second thought. Kids 4 or 5 and under will grow up never knowing that pitchers actually hit for themselves. Their grandfathers may "pine" for how it used to be, but they will be the only ones. Look, I'm not saying Kentucky is wrong for doing it this way. I just don't know that everyone is envious of it, that's all. I think the envy is more an exception, than a rule. Are there people in Ohio that wish they could have a single-class system? Sure, I'm not going to deny that. There's purists in every state. But, their affirmation of it, doesn't mean that it's necessarily right for every situation. And sometimes, situations change.
  12. This was tough to watch. You could tell Winker was sad, but trying to put up a brave front. But, the most telling part, was him saying the Mariners are trying to win, and he's excited about that. Jesse Winker interview after being traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Seattle Mariners - YouTube SELL THE TEAM, BOB! Your players deserve better!
  13. For those of you suggesting Hubbard getting more reps at DT this year, with Hendrickson and Ossai being the outside rushers...I just don't see it. I will readily admit that I know probably next to nothing in the fine details of line play, but there are a couple of things that stand out to me as warning signs against him at that position. One is his height. At 6'5 (which makes him 4" taller than Aaron Donald) he's going to have a hard time getting leverage against most NFL guards, right? And all I've ever heard is leverage wins. The second thing against him is his weight. At least when the Bengals had a tall DT like Margus Hunt, he went 295. Sam's listed at 265. That's still 15 pounds lighter than even a small DT like Donald, and 35 pounds lighter than someone like Geno Atkins. Again, I see this as a disadvantage if he gets locked up with a 330 pound guard. I just don't see him being able to overpower most people. Sam's best attribute is his athleticism and his motor. If you want to have him in there with Hendrickson and Ossai, I'm all for it. But, there's no way I'm putting him down inside. I'd have him upright, sliding up and down behind the guys with their hands on the ground. Let him cause chaos in the protection game for the offensive line, or delay his rush while the guys up front stunt/twist. Or in the case of what he did at KC, drop back and spy the QB when we play guys like Lamar or Mahomes. To me, to maximize Sam, you put him in space. No need to handicap him, by tying him up inside. At least, those are the thoughts from this armchair coach.
  14. Oh my goodness...Thank You! I actually had to look it up to make sure they were talking about the same city. Figured I just wasn't "woke" enough.
  15. I'm not trying to dismiss what either of you has been told...but, I'm going to give my perspective from a true "outsider's point of view". I graduated from a high school in Ohio back in the mid-80's, and have been a Kentucky resident for the past 30 years, so I think I'm well-equipped in offering a view from either side. Look, I get it...it's nice to be able to have these scenarios where David defeats Goliath. And we've romanticized the heck out of the whole "one true champion" mantra. But let's be real. There's, what, 260-270 boys high school teams in Kentucky right now? In Ohio, there's around 800. And let me tell you, it's hard enough to win "state" (or do we even have the right to call it that, considering there's four divisions?!?), when you're competing against 200 other schools the same size as you, let alone any others that are bigger than you. I've been back a time or two when either my high school or a family member (from another school) made it to the regional rounds. And I can say, on both occasions that that gym/arena was hopping just as much as Henry County has on a Friday or Saturday night of the boys 8th region semis/finals. The kids didn't care that there were three other divisions playing that same night. The parents didn't care. The community didn't care. Everyone rallied around those teams because it was "special". A chance to go to "state". There were no tears over not playing in a declassified system. There was no talk of the competition being watered down. These were hard fought games, and the excitement level was every bit of what I've experienced down here. To me...it's what you're used to, that becomes the "ideal". Heck the speed limit used to be 55, and those that went 65 were speed demons. Now, you can do 65 and be called a slow poke because the limit is 70 now. Are either one of those actually more "right"? No. They are what they are, for the time that they're in. If Kentucky underwent a massive growth in population, and suddenly had 500+ high schools vying for a singular title...I'd hope there'd be a change here too. (Especially if the "Goliath" schools outnumber the "David's" by an even wider margin than now.) For what it is right now, Kentucky is fine doing it the way they do it. 260-270 is still a manageable number to have everyone eligible/participate in the post-season. I like that aspect. But, don't dismiss the way others may do it, as being "wrong". You run your gauntlet, they'll run theirs. Just my opinion.
  16. Yeah, it really makes you wonder. Covid probably messed things up for him doing it in 2020, and then the CBA negotiations put a freeze on everything over the past 4 months or so. Bob's probably been stewing on this for over a year. So, that makes this premeditated murder (of a major league roster).
  17. Very true. It really makes me wonder now, if Dick Williams wasn't privy to this coming down the pike, and leaving beforehand, not wanting to be a part of it.
  18. If you're wondering who's next on the chopping block...here's the top 7 remaining 2022 salaries: 1. Joey Votto ($25 million) 2. Mike Moustakous ($16 million) 3. Shogo Akiyama ($8 million) 4. Luis Castillo ($7.5 million) 5. Tyler Mahle ($5.5 million) 6. Ken Griffey Jr. ($3.6 million) 7. Tyler Naquin ($3.5 million) I think Junior's the only one assured of not getting a call from Bob. (Although, I'm sure if he could trade him...he would, again.)
  19. It's reminding me of that scene from Major League...who are these guys?
  20. The way things are going, it won't surprise me if Castillo or Mahle aren't shipped out as well, and whoever gets them is going to get Moustakas as well. That way ol' Bob can save another $20+ mil. SELL THE TEAM, BOB!!
  21. Was reminded last night that the Bengals will be getting some help on the D-line, without having to use the draft or sign a free agent, as Joseph Ossai will be coming back from his knee injury that made him miss the entire season last year. I had totally forgotten about him. Hopefully he can still be productive and give some rest to Hendrickson and Hubbard, who both seemed to be out there on each and every play.
  22. Got to be honest...none of those names are blowing me away. Saw one draft predictor say maybe they go after Jeremy Ruckert (OSU) in the 3rd round for that position.
  23. Might as well. Friend of mine said that he's treating the Reds like week-old produce anyway.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.