Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sportsfan2008

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sportsfan2008

  1. I thought the whole team played a good game, but #20 (sorry don't know her name) had an outstanding game. One time she was 12' or so with back to the basket from the side turned shot a fade away jumper with defender in her face and nothing but bottom of the net. I was impressed with her the whole night!
  2. I'm not very smart, but I figured it out.:banana:
  3. Coach Brooks had a great game plan and followed through with it. I watched him during the St Pat and Bracken game with his asst coach's taking notes from tip off till the final hour sounded.
  4. Congratulations to Coach Brooks and the girls from Paris. You all played a good game and jumped out to the early lead and played hard till the finish. Good luck in Richmond and represent the 10th region well. Coach Douglas and the girls from St Pat did not give up and played hard. Don't let this one loss ruin your season. You all play hard the rest of the season and learn from this loss and come tournament time you can make some noise in post season!
  5. I was so proud of Bracken tonight. I have known Coach Kelsch for a long time and have the most respect for him and his brother Robin. He never quit coaching and the girls never quit. After being down 19 after one period they could have rolled over, but didn't. That shows alot of class on the coach and players!
  6. You are right in one way, but in a small school YOU have to play where you are needed. St Pat doesn't have the students to go through the hallway and find post players. Chamberlain is a 2 or 3 more than a 4 or 5, but she has to play where she is needed. She has always had to play 4 & 5since 5th grade. Klee is a work horse and held her own tonight. She had some shots blocked, but keep going back to the basket and had a nice game.
  7. Well said! Coach Arnold is a fine young LADY and will do a good job!
  8. Coach, have you watched St Pat post players play all year or are you going on one game?
  9. not really, this team has so many fast players that they play better on a bigger court!
  10. St Pat loses by 3, but lost a 9 point lead in the 3rd quarter. They proved tonight they can play with the top teams in the 10th.
  11. Thanks, she will be fine, went to school today.
  12. Final score at St Pat tonight. I wasn't able to make it stayed home with sick player so I can't give any details.
  13. East Carter played a very good game. They shot the ball as well as any team that I have seen for a long time. They made their 3 pointers along with every shot under the basket and layups. They also played in your face defense. Also, the 16th region referee's did a good job!
  14. As a former coach & referee and still a parent of a high school player you always react to the safety of everyone. I have driven home some nights that I wish I had not left the house!
  15. I can tell you that I have worked for coach's from every region and I have always had a great relationship with every coach and would never say anything negative about any of them. But, I can tell you that both Coach Listerman & Coach Faust from Northern Kentucky are a CLASS act!
  16. I would say they don't mind, the BBA just has so many great ref's. We could send three just from Mt. Sterling and call any game in the state. Then you throw in the ref's from Lexington & Frankfort and all the other cities in the 10th & 11th region we could cover the whole state tournement for the KHSAA.
  17. For several years we have worked a couple of games in this showcase. The BBA also sent another crew to work the game before this one. When I was working I loved going down there to work.
  18. The BBA sent three of their best to call this game!
  19. I could swear that call was against us in one of my games when I was coaching back in the 80's when playing out of region one night, except I was coaching girl's.
  20. As a retired referee now and been around for over 20 years and have refereed with the best in the state on more than a dozen times I can tell you we are lucky to have the BEST referees from top to bottom in the BBA working for the 2 best regions in the state. The BBA since Rick Chasteen has taken over many years ago has made it the best in the state. I will not mention names because I would forget someone, but take it from someone that has called many finals over the years the BBA is the best!
  21. I can tell you that I have been around the people of the All A State Basketball Tournament for the last 13 years and Stan Steidel and his staff are the BEST staff to work with. They will over time make this tournament one of the best in the state. I was at the tournament over the weekend in Louisville and they did make mistakes that they should learn from.
  22. My brackets show Dayton in pool 7 and Metcalf in pool 2 and Beechwood not in the tournament. It had Metcalf written in.
  23. pool 1-Lex Christ Ach., Owens Cath., Beth Haven, Bethlehem pool 2-St Pat, Allen Central, Carroll Co., Metcalf pool3-Caldwell Co., Whitefield Ach., Newport Cath., Health pool4-Rose Hill Ach., Hazard, Monroe, Brown pool5-Green Co., Louis. Holy Cross, Hancock Co., Somerset pool6-Henry Co., Dayton, Bracken, Betsy Lane pool7-St Henry, Comm. Christ Ach., Murray, Ky Country Day pool8-Clinton Co., Middlesboro, Raceland, Owsley

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.