Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 52 Harrison County 48

Featured Replies

Congrats to the Lady Royals!

Nice win for Mason.

 

Seems some folks got their wish that Mac was gone in Cynthiana.

And the Fillies seemed to be paying the price for Mac being gone in Cynthiana.

Nice win for Mason.

 

Seems some folks got their wish that Mac was gone in Cynthiana.

And the Fillies seemed to be paying the price for Mac being gone in Cynthiana.

 

I think Mac may have gotten out for a reason.....

You're a smart person, lbbc. I'll let you figure it out.

I think Mac may have gotten out for a reason.....

You're a smart person, lbbc. I'll let you figure it out.

 

I'm not very smart, but I figured it out.:banana:

I'm not very smart, but I figured it out.:banana:

 

Oh, give yourself some credit man!!!

:D

How many did Menke have? And what does the young Lady Royals record look like now?

Sounds like Menke had another good game then. Nice to see their record starting too look a little better as well.

The Lady Royals just get better each time out. Better not overlook them come district time.

Per Danny Weddles blog: http://courtsidewithdannyweddle.blogspot.com/

 

The Mason County Lady Royals defeated the Harrison County Fillies 52-48 tonight for their second straight win. There were 10 ties and 12 lead changes in the game. McKenzie Butler made 4-of-4 free throws down the stretch. Keller Menke had a double, double- 15 points and 10 rebounds. Beth Queen had 15 points and eight rebounds. Alicia Moore came off the bench to score 10 points. The Lady Royals play the Highlands Lady Bluebirds Monday at 3:30 p.m. at Simon Kenton in the opening round of the Kenton County Classic.

 

MC FG 40.4% 3 PT FG 25% FT 61.1% REB 31 TO 13

HC FG 47.4% 3 PT FG 20% FT 47.8% REB 31 TO 20

 

MC (5-11) B. Menke 1, Moore 10, K. Menke 15, Doyle 2, Butler 7, Smith 2, Queen 15

HC (6-11) Johnson 4, Hatfield 25, Snider 8, S. Doram 4, Murphy 3, Shepherd 4

 

MC 13 13 06 20-52

HC 06 18 10 14-48

Mason has a nice team. You can see that they are starting to come together. They will be a tough out by the end of the season.

I think Mac may have gotten out for a reason.....

You're a smart person, lbbc. I'll let you figure it out.

 

I understand your point. I really do.

But how come their baseball team never seems to have a down year. And if it is a down year, they only make it to the Elite 8???

 

Does the talent level at Harrison fluctuate in basketball but not in baseball?

 

And I say this as a former coach that has tried to develop a system from elementary on up that would limit the fluctuation of talent as it affects the ability of the varsity team to be competitive.

 

This says and is NOTHING about the new coach. He has not had the time to put his stamp on the FIllies program. You cannot judge him in many regards by what the Fillies are doing presently.

 

A referee made this comment to me. "The girls sure seem to be enjoying basketball more. But they sure don't seem to be playing with as much intensity either."

 

Now, that is not necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't want my daughter to play in a program that had no joy for her. And I would be willing to sacrifice some success for her to find that joy. Absolutely.

 

But, I go back to the facts. Harrison County has had some of the best talent in the 10th region in the past 38 years. And ONE COACH has taken them to the Sweet 16 and he did it twice. That says a lot about his coaching ability.

Mac got out for a reason... Obviously he couldn't juggle girl's basketball and baseball. There is no comparison to which sport in Cynthiana has the best feeder program. Girl's practically start basketball in Harrison Co. in the 6th grade. (some play Rec.Ball) Baseball starts at age 5. That would be instructional tee-ball. Success in athletics begins and ends with a good feeder program. Enough said.

 

Give Jason Crisp time and success is sure to follow. He will get a feeder program established and will become a regional contender year-in-and-year-out. You can still treat people the way you'd want to be treated and be successful. He has character, works hard, and his players seem to like him as well!! Go Fillies!!

Mac got out for a reason... Obviously he couldn't juggle girl's basketball and baseball. There is no comparison to which sport in Cynthiana has the best feeder program. Girl's practically start basketball in Harrison Co. in the 6th grade. (some play Rec.Ball) Baseball starts at age 5. That would be instructional tee-ball. Success in athletics begins and ends with a good feeder program. Enough said.

 

Give Jason Crisp time and success is sure to follow. He will get a feeder program established and will become a regional contender year-in-and-year-out. You can still treat people the way you'd want to be treated and be successful. He has character, works hard, and his players seem to like him as well!! Go Fillies!!

 

I totally agree with the bolded. And why I said you cannot judge Coach Crisp by the results of this year. Give him an opportunity to put his stamp on the program and that will take time.

 

I did have another discussion and wondered if Coach Crisp is under a microscope with the officials. Coach Whitaker got by with a lot of stuff that none of us other coaches could get by with.

 

We have wondered if Coach Crisp is under even more of a microscope with the officials wanting to send a message that the new Harrison coach will not be getting by with what the former coach did.

 

I would be interested to hear from the Fillies' fans that have been to a bunch of games and whether they think the officials have Coach Crisp on a short leash.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.