Next years All "A" volleyball classic

Touchtone has finally decided to sponsor an All "A" Classic volleyball state tournament. Sounds good doesn't it! But wait, there's a catch. The guy who organized the basketball is also doing the volleyball. Without doing any research with the volleyball coaches around the state, he decided to use the basketball regions instead of the established volleyball regions:confused: He also decided to schedule it on the same weekend as the Louisville Invitational Volleyball Tournament.:mad: Which means the 5 top "A" schools, St Henry, NCC, Lou. Holy Cross, Lou. Presentation, and Owensboro Catholic will probably miss it. What is he thinking? It seems like he doesn't want to be bothered by organizing it and did everything for his own convience.

I think this might show how much of an unknown volleyball is to many people. Most would assume the regions are the same; they aren't. Most would assume those teams would much rather play in the All "A" than the Louisville tournament; they don't.

Bottom line, year one is something of a trial. I suspect the All "A" volleyball tournament to be a solid event in a couple of years.

I think this might show how much of an unknown volleyball is to many people. Most would assume the regions are the same; they aren't. Most would assume those teams would much rather play in the All "A" than the Louisville tournament; they don't.

Bottom line, year one is something of a trial. I suspect the All "A" volleyball tournament to be a solid event in a couple of years.

I agree with everything you've stated. Especially the first couples years of the tournament. Things will eventually work themselves out...you can't make things perfect right away. If there weren't mistakes to be made, then how would we learn from them?

I can tell you that I have been around the people of the All A State Basketball Tournament for the last 13 years and Stan Steidel and his staff are the BEST staff to work with. They will over time make this tournament one of the best in the state. I was at the tournament over the weekend in Louisville and they did make mistakes that they should learn from.

sounds like they need to change the dates as it won't be a true A Tournament without the defending Champs in attendance...they will be in Louisville at the LIVT.....you'll also be missing the runner up and so on...

If they REALLY want it to succeed they need to do some research...talk to the Volleyball Coaches....or do they just want to 'get it out of the way' so they can go back to their Basketball?