Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212
-
Cooper High Jaguars
Okay, here are some things about the great John Wooden: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=dw-uclalegacy040206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns UCLA's recored pre-Wooden: 287-283 (50.4%) UCLA's record Wooden era pre-1st Championship: 285-125 (69.5%) UCLA's record Wooden era post-1st Championship: 335-22 (93.8%) Wooden only had 6 20+ win seasons before 1963 and had 11 25+ win seasons between 1963 and 1975. What happened in these years, Sam Gilbert, a booster that the NCAA was aware of but more importantly one that Wooden himself was aware of.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
Maybe they should. NKY1487, I am sorry I don't know as much about basketball as you do and don't know who is a good and great coach and should bow down at your feet and thank God for the wisdom you give to me. This is a message board and like all message boards one is entitled to their own opinion and it is a shame that people like you can't give an educated opinion on why you believe a certain way. Not once has someone given a logical explanation as to why I am wrong and you're right.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
Nobody said they did bad jobs, I was saying they didn't fit for Cooper. Trust me, I have lived in Boone County a long time and know all the coaches around the 9th and 10th region. I just know what parents in Boone Co. will and won't put up with and no offense to Carr or Steiner but their style of coaching isn't a fit for Cooper. Look at what happened to Nate. He was a good coach but his style of relating to players and parents was not received very well.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
I think it will be Sullivan from Holmes.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
I guess it is okay to say that Trame isn't qualified but if I say a coach you like isn't qualified it is bashing. And yes, Mullins did fall into the Ryle job, that isn't saying he was not qualified for it but he didn't have much competition.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
Principals approve the hire, AD's recommend. It is very unusual for a principal to go against an AD's recommendation. Also, I don't know who they will hire, but I do know that they wanted Listerman he said no, and they have been told by several coaches in the region to hire Sullivan of Holmes but he may not want to leave Holmes. But, they are definitely not in a hurry to hire anyone yet. Here is a dark horse though if everyone else falls through. The Junior Varsity coach, Noel Williams, of Ryle has been hired at Cooper. If they are left at the altar by their top choices, he may fall into the position, see Mullins at Ryle.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
I am not bashing coaches, just giving an opinion on who they will not hire. I have been told that they are looking for a fresh coach who can "wait" to have a good team. Why would Carr leave Scott for a worse situation? Also, look who the AD is, a Boone County employee, this would lead me to believe that they will hire a Boone County guy.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
NKYBOY, I know my coaches very well. It is quite apparent that you have some connection to the Kenton Co. coaches and that is okay. I just think they are middle of the road coaches and not "Great". When you say great, I would think of Mike Listerman, Dave Faust, Dave Henley and Jim Hicks. These guys are behind them and they are not right behind them. There is a huge gap between the top coaches and those coaches. Also there is more to being a great coach then coaching. You have parents and relationships with players.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
Some of you may disagree with me, but I just don't see the fascination with Carr. I would figure if he was the great coach you think he is more Kenton County kids, since it is open enrollment, would want to play for him. While I think he is better than Steiner and Chevalier, I don't think he is a great coach. He is an average coach and there is nothing wrong with that.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
With all due respect NKY I have talked to coach Garnett himself and he has told me that he does not want the job he could've changed his mind but I don't have sources but the source. Now, this may change but I think we will see one more change in Boone County and Shawn would want that job first.
-
Cooper High Jaguars
They are still working on hiring a football coach. Also, anyone who i teaching in the Boone County system has already put in for transfers this should put to rest the Shawn Garnett possibility as he did not put in for a transfer and does not want this job. Any established head coach would not want this job as it will take 3-4 years before the program can be ready to really compete for 33rd District titles let alone in the 9th region, this should put to rest the Listerman rumors. Carr has coached for a long time but is not very good and is Sullivan wanting to leave a situation where he knows he will be the next coach at Holmes where he can compete for 9th region titles year in and year out?
-
Open Coaching Positions
A Coach Contract expires May 15th but they can be told if they will be retained or not before that date. Also, coaches get paid after the season or they can have it spread out during the year after a new contract is signed. No real contract on that one so the June 30th date is wrong.
-
Best Freshman Teams/Players in 9th Region
You are saying this after the Boone v. Ryle game on Monday? Ryle didn't have their starting Power Forward and still dominated the boards. I can get the stats from the coaches to prove it. Crabtree did nothing impressive and I believe Ryle's Bobby Stauffer outscored and outrebounded Trevan Brown.
-
2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath
Why shouldn't it be changed? I don't see how this is unreasonable.
-
2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath
Another thing I would change is the 8th and 10th region schools would have to decide which tournament to participate in or the NKAC should change to the 9th Region Tournament.
-
2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath
This is the one thing that has to be fixed in this tournament. I think they should seed every team based on record if they want to have the "Best" teams in the championship. I didn't get to go to the Conner/Ryle game but I'm sure it felt like the Championship game for both those teams.
-
2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath
How is it that Boone, Conner and Ryle were in the same bracket? Boone and Ryle were the best teams in the NKAC all year and Conner was in the top 5. I don't know if this set up is really conducive to a good tournament.
-
2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath
Do we have the bracket any where? Also Predicitons?
-
Conner 52 Ryle 45
Not hammering the kid, I am just making a point that the attitude problem at Ryle is being filtered through the program from the top down. Helmer and Maley have talent I just wish they could translate that into leadership.
-
Conner 52 Ryle 45
Just a Fan - Trust me I have seen enough of Helmer to tell you that he is the next John Maley, tons of potential no mental capacity to reach it. Helmer does not play good defense he is put on the worst offensive player on each team for a reason.
-
Conner 52 Ryle 45
I don't know if I agree with the assessment of the Helmer kid. He is only shooting 38%, according to Cincinnati.com, from the field and isn't really a factor on defense. He also seems to lose his cool when he is pressured. He jacks up shots and has trouble defending the man with the ball. As far as an inside track, I have seen this team about ten times this year and Coach Mullins may yell and scream and seem like a disciplinarian but how much longer is he going to put up with the players cussing on the floor and yelling at officials. It is not a matter of not wanting kids to cuss, but you need to have discipline to win. Conner was flat out the most disciplined team last night. While I'm thinking about it, Conner went 2-1 last night against Ryle with the Raiders only winning the Freshmen game by one. Caught the end of the Freshmen game and it seemed like a real good game with the future QB of Ryle hitting the winning 3 pointer with 20 some seconds left.
-
Conner 52 Ryle 45
Ryle looked absolutely horrible. Conner once again proves they can't be underestimated in District games. It looks like Coach Mullins may be losing his team as they have no control on the court over their emotions. When Logan Porter gets a Technical something is definitely wrong and missing, I believe the word is Poise! As a Ryle fan, I was very disappointed. Pugh and Thomas had their way with Ryle all night.
-
NKAC Freshmen Standings
Ryle is 13-2 with losses to Boone and Mason County
-
Intramural Hoops
That was my point as well
-
Intramural Hoops
I don't think this really is a topic for discussion on this board!