Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 52 Ryle 45

Featured Replies

Ryle looked absolutely horrible. Conner once again proves they can't be underestimated in District games. It looks like Coach Mullins may be losing his team as they have no control on the court over their emotions. When Logan Porter gets a Technical something is definitely wrong and missing, I believe the word is Poise! As a Ryle fan, I was very disappointed. Pugh and Thomas had their way with Ryle all night.

Ryle has a nice group of players what's going on. Not to take anything from Conner as they are a fine team with a great Coach but Ryle is much deeper and man for man a better team IMO.

Maley I thought would be a premier player this year and Helmer can play with anyone when he's on. There has to be an underlining factor. Anyone have an inside track?

I have always thought Coach Hicks was one of the top coaches in the area but still found this score surprising. I saw Ryle play at Scott earlier in the year and thought they had turned the corner and would be a solid contender down the stretch. However, it seems they have imploded lately.

  • Author

I don't know if I agree with the assessment of the Helmer kid. He is only shooting 38%, according to Cincinnati.com, from the field and isn't really a factor on defense. He also seems to lose his cool when he is pressured. He jacks up shots and has trouble defending the man with the ball.

 

As far as an inside track, I have seen this team about ten times this year and Coach Mullins may yell and scream and seem like a disciplinarian but how much longer is he going to put up with the players cussing on the floor and yelling at officials. It is not a matter of not wanting kids to cuss, but you need to have discipline to win. Conner was flat out the most disciplined team last night.

 

While I'm thinking about it, Conner went 2-1 last night against Ryle with the Raiders only winning the Freshmen game by one. Caught the end of the Freshmen game and it seemed like a real good game with the future QB of Ryle hitting the winning 3 pointer with 20 some seconds left.

wow Gallatin beats Conner and pretty much handled them the whole game and then loses to Ryle by 15...thats why i love highschool basketball....good win for Conner...

Maley I thought would be a premier player this year

 

Happymeal, Why would you think that? He hasn't done anything the past three seasons that would have given any indication that he would be a top notch player.

Nice district win for the Cougars and coach Hicks. Does anyone know how many Pugh and Thomas ended with?

Not surprising to me. Ryle is young and has much work to do. Conner was due for a game where they put everything together. How is the 33rd looking now?

 

Boone Co 1-0 (vs St. Henry 1/18)

Ryle 1-1

St. Henry 1-1

Conner 1-1

Maley I thought would be a premier player this year

 

Happymeal, Why would you think that? He hasn't done anything the past three seasons that would have given any indication that he would be a top notch player.

 

Maley has always had the potential to be a great HS player. I thought this being his Sr. year he would improve mentally as well as a player. I've not had the opportunity to watch Ryle this year but I guess this has not happened? helmer has been a very good player in the past, something is holding these kids back? There is some young talent at Ryle and there was last year as well??

My understanding is that Porter said "Terrible call " as he walked away from the original charging foul. No cussing, but a comment that on any other night might have been a warning at best.

My understanding is that Porter said "Terrible call " as he walked away from the original charging foul. No cussing, but a comment that on any other night might have been a warning at best.

 

Not true. A kid has no business saying this to an official. A kid needs to turn around and shut his mouth. Why are there so many posters on here that defend these kids?

 

I recieved one technical in HS for saying "Thats horrible"...... My coach kicked my butt up and down the floor for that.

 

Since when is it ok for kids to comment on a ref? Its fine to ask him a question or converse about a call but as soon as you give your thoughts, your going to get Technical.

Sometimes, even if the comment seems innocent enough, the T is the result of a series of comments made during the game. This one might just have been after many others.

My understanding is that Porter said "Terrible call " as he walked away from the original charging foul. No cussing, but a comment that on any other night might have been a warning at best.

 

Boy, the frustration level on this team must be turned way up because I have seen Porter as a hard working respectful player.

No excuse for kids getting technical fouls. If I am the coach, that kid sits next to me the rest of the game. Since when are the kids the voice of the team. Its okay to get frustrated and make facial expressions but talking to refs is ridiculous. Refs control the game and no kid is going to dictate how they call it, that is for sure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.