Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN and Twitter

Featured Replies

So I'm a big fan of Twitter and use it just pretty much everyday and sometimes pretty frequently. But I will be honest, all of that last night kind of got on my nerves. I can't imagine how my dad or grandpa felt about all of it. I really don't think all that is needed and takes away from the game. The game was out of hand, so it didn't matter as much, but had that been closer, I think it would have really gotten on my nerves.

 

Thoughts?

Barely even noticed it....That's the way the media is going now days. No issues with it at all.

MJ, I am not clear as to what bothered you.

  • Author
Barely even noticed it....That's the way the media is going now days. No issues with it at all.

 

Just all the stuff with Jay Bilas' Jeezy quotes, telling people what each person's Twitter handle was when they were shooting free throws, talking about how many followers people had, and etc. Got annoying I thought, and I felt like would have gotten on people's nerves, especially an older generation. If I was watching at a bar, I'm sure I wouldn't have really noticed.

I think they knew it was going to get ugly so they had to come up with something to kill some time. It worked...didn't bother me either.

  • Author
MJ, you're becoming a grumpy old man. ;)

 

Haha I guess I am. When it comes to that Cats, that probably is true. I don't really like socializing or anything when they play either.

If I was watching at a bar, I'm sure I wouldn't have really noticed.

 

I fit into this category. :thumb:

Didn't bother me at all, and I thought it was an entertaining broadcast team.

I didn't mind it but it did seem like they went a bit overboard with it.

I didn't mind it but it did seem like they went a bit overboard with it.

 

My thoughts as well.

If it was a closer game, they probably wouldn't have played with it so much. They had to something to keep the broadcast somewhat entertaining. The larger the lead, the more twitter info.

ESPN is becoming hard to watch...

No one's making you. Their numbers are higher than they've ever been so clearly it isn't THAT hard to watch...

So I'm a big fan of Twitter and use it just pretty much everyday and sometimes pretty frequently. But I will be honest, all of that last night kind of got on my nerves. I can't imagine how my dad or grandpa felt about all of it. I really don't think all that is needed and takes away from the game. The game was out of hand, so it didn't matter as much, but had that been closer, I think it would have really gotten on my nerves.

 

Thoughts?

 

Agreed, plus I like Reese Davis and Bilas but all they were doing was giving shots at each other and joking around the entire time. It just seemed like a really unprofessional approach to the game. I understand that they're trying to make fans feel more involved but really I just want to watch the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.