Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County 55 Walton Verona 50

Featured Replies

We might not have any "All Region" players. But all of our players are going to the Region!

Ouch!!!!!

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Braves! Wish I could have been there. It's hard to beat any team four times in a season.

I am curious to read what WV fans have to say about their season.

 

Don't think you're going to hear much. I bet things get pretty tight lipped in Walton for the next few months.

Congrats to Braves, kids played extremely hard, especially Mario dominating boards. Walton's weaknesses of rebounding & toughness caught up with them.

 

But the Grant fanbase & basketball program is a different story. A school the size of Grant & one time strong basketball tradition has been reduced to acting like won super bowl after finally beating an A school. I realize it is an upset anytime a Grant County boys or girls basketball team beats a Walton team from 3rd grade through varsity but based on school size it should be other way around.

 

Storming the court,.......fans, parents, school & basketball leaders celebrating hours after winning first round district game. Plus the comments on here just point out how far Grants basketball program has fallen.

 

I know beating Walton on basketball court is a huge deal to Grant but as Barry Sanders would say "act like you've been there before".

Why so sour?

Congrats to Braves, kids played extremely hard, especially Mario dominating boards. Walton's weaknesses of rebounding & toughness caught up with them.

 

But the Grant fanbase & basketball program is a different story. A school the size of Grant & one time strong basketball tradition has been reduced to acting like won super bowl after finally beating an A school. I realize it is an upset anytime a Grant County boys or girls basketball team beats a Walton team from 3rd grade through varsity but based on school size it should be other way around.

 

Storming the court,.......fans, parents, school & basketball leaders celebrating hours after winning first round district game. Plus the comments on here just point out how far Grants basketball program has fallen.

 

I know beating Walton on basketball court is a huge deal to Grant but as Barry Sanders would say "act like you've been there before".

In Kentucky the size of the school does not matter when playing basketball. And to slap Grant County Basketball in the face and say how far the program has fallen is a sore loser mentality. I think if anything last night proved the fact that Grant County Basketball is on the rise. I will finish by correcting you on your quote. The quote was not from Barry Sanders it was from Vince Lombardi.

Storming the court,.......fans, parents, school & basketball leaders celebrating hours after winning first round district game. Plus the comments on here just point out how far Grants basketball program has fallen.".

 

Sore loser! "Ironic"(as madman once said)....the first fan that stormed the court was Kinmon, AKA the WV guard who hit the free throws to beat the BRAVES in Tenn!:taz:

Not a sore loser the Grant kids played their hearts out, dominated boards, got most of 50/50 loose balls and deserved the win. Good kids I have actually coached some of them in aau.

 

I live in Grant & it is just a fact the program not where it use to be and most of parents & community feels same way.

My team was sent home...earlier than expected I might add. Not happy about it but the bottom line is Grant won when most people didn't think they would, or even could. I try to look at things from both sides of the fence. We won the district last year and returned all major contributors. Yes we (most everyone in Walton) thought that we had more than enough talent to repeat, at least return to regionals. That didn't happen. I don't blame Grant fans and players for being excited over the victory. Walton has more talented players and we have been better than Grant all year (not talking bad about Grants players) but the gospel is the gospel and last night the outcome went to the team who A. had a better game plan. and B. was just flat out tougher. The last point I would like to make is on the statement Old School made. If Grants kids did act like they had not been in that situation before, It was because they haven't. None of the players at Grant County have ever played in the regional tournament before.

I live in Grant & it is just a fact the program not where it use to be

 

Where was it? What years are you talking about?

I've always been taught that you are only as good as your last game.

My team was sent home...earlier than expected I might add. Not happy about it but the bottom line is Grant won when most people didn't think they would, or even could. I try to look at things from both sides of the fence. We won the district last year and returned all major contributors. Yes we (most everyone in Walton) thought that we had more than enough talent to repeat, at least return to regionals. That didn't happen. I don't blame Grant fans and players for being excited over the victory. Walton has more talented players and we have been better than Grant all year (not talking bad about Grants players) but the gospel is the gospel and last night the outcome went to the team who A. had a better game plan. and B. was just flat out tougher. The last point I would like to make is on the statement Old School made. If Grants kids did act like they had not been in that situation before, It was because they haven't. None of the players at Grant County have ever played in the regional tournament before.

 

Well said. Hats off to you Scrapper. When you lose to a team 3 times in one year but win the only one that matters, it makes for a very jubilant crowd.

Not a sore loser the Grant kids played their hearts out, dominated boards, got most of 50/50 loose balls and deserved the win. Good kids I have actually coached some of them in aau.

 

I live in Grant & it is just a fact the program not where it use to be and most of parents & community feels same way.

Most parents feel the program is headed in the right direction! So don't think u speak for the parents, I know the parents. On a side note, the 2 Walton Verona All region players, Hargett and McNeil scored 26 last night. Grant County Region Rejects Trevor Hunt and Tyler Carr had 37

Also old school your comments are exactly why people can't stand Walton! You think you're better than everybody else! So keep running your mouth and hide behind a screen name.

Late 70's through early 90's of course Grant's best most consistent years, usually top 5 in region, but back then not only competed against Scott Co in region but also in district's. Late 90's up until last couple years not as good but very competitive while playing tough schedule against some top teams in state like Scott Co, lex Catholic, etc. And always had system trying to develop young talent...a "Program".

 

Now playing very weak schedule, many kids who were very successful in junior high no longer playing. Parents of younger kids say basically no developmental program now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.