Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky@LSU predictions

Who wins? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'll even add that if Hickey played for UK this year they'd still be undefeated. He doesn't miss wide open layups multiple times in the same game. He's a proven winner.

 

 

Marquis Teague!!!!! Come on down..........

I hope I don't jinx the Cats because I'm going to the game. My son lives in Houston and we are driving over. UK- 72 LSU-60 Geaux Cats!!!!

What I see in the PG stats is that you want neither of them to get fouled late in the game.

What I see in the PG stats is that you want neither of them to get fouled late in the game.
Amen, first stat I looked at. Abysmal.
What I see in the PG stats is that you want neither of them to get fouled late in the game.

 

 

No argument from me. Their FG% leaves much to be desired as well.

Who has said that? All I have ever said he is as good as. Never said better. Prove to me he isn't as good as Teague. Teague is better because he shoots 41% to Hickey's 39%? Nope. Teague is better because he shoots 69% from the FT line to Hickey's 59%? Nope. Putrid numbers for both if you ask me. Teague is better because he averages 4.4 assists a game(playing with Davis, Jones, MKG, Lamb, Miller) while Hickey averages 4? I'll even add the argument that Teague should average even more assists considering the talent he is around. Teague averages more turnovers and less steals per game also.

 

Long story short, Teague is the more heralded recruit and he may have a pro career that Hickey may not but at this point this year to act as though Teague is better than Hickey just because Hickey is from Kentucky is a disservice to Hickey and what he has accomplished thus far. It's refreshing to see a kid from Kentucky getting his shine on somewhere even if he isn't 'good enough' to play for UK.

 

Where did I say anything directed towards you? If it was meant to have been a shot at you, I would've quoted you. That was just my opinion. I think Hickey is close to Teague in talent, but he isn't better.

 

I think anyone who thinks he is better (not just equal, but better) is wrong, whether it would have been you or my grandpa.

Where did I say anything directed towards you? If it was meant to have been a shot at you, I would've quoted you. That was just my opinion. I think Hickey is close to Teague in talent, but he isn't better.

 

I think anyone who thinks he is better (not just equal, but better) is wrong, whether it would have been you or my grandpa.

 

 

I haven't seen anyone say Hickey was better than Teague. Who has said that then? Or are you preaching to an imaginary Hickey choir?

I have a feeling this one will be pretty ugly and not a lot of fun to watch.

 

Cats 67-56.

I haven't seen anyone say Hickey was better than Teague. Who has said that then? Or are you preaching to an imaginary Hickey choir?

 

Really? Go check out your thread you made about Hickey a little while back and read it. So far on this thread I've posted about how I wasn't the Cats to win and Hickey to have a huge game, and then backed up your argument by showing how close the stats are, and somehow I have you crawling down mt back for posting my opinion. Hickey is my 2nd fav player this year behing MKG, so I don't have a reason to preach. You are the one preaching to me.

Really? Go check out your thread you made about Hickey a little while back and read it. So far on this thread I've posted about how I wasn't the Cats to win and Hickey to have a huge game, and then backed up your argument by showing how close the stats are, and somehow I have you crawling down mt back for posting my opinion. Hickey is my 2nd fav player this year behing MKG, so I don't have a reason to preach. You are the one preaching to me.

 

 

You said you weren't even talking to me. I saw the stats posted and your argument appeared to be that Teague leads in more categories so he is better and I disagreed. I'll go back and look and see exactly what I said. I may have gotten overzealous and said Hickey is better than Teague and for the sake of a logical debate I should use the words 'as good as' instead of 'better'. I do believe he would have done just fine as the starting point guard at UK.

 

I jump down everyone's back that I see post an opinion that I disagree with. Don't take it personal. I go hard for what I like.:D. Some people have even convinced me to change my mind with valid points. :lol: Not many. But there are some.

It's all good.

I stand by my statement in the Hickey thread. FarBeyondDriven said he was better than Teague.

That's because everyone always thinks a solid KY born player is 10x better than what they really are. You guys want them to be better than they are and convince yourselves it's true to the point where you guys actually believe it to be true, regardless that all signs point to the contrary.

 

I completely agree with you. I remember the silly arguments people use to have four or five years ago, when people were saying how UK has to get more Ky high school players to get back to where we wanted UK. That was a very silly argument, and while yes there are sometimes talented Ky kids, there are usually even better guys UK can find elsewhere.

 

I know I was not high on Darius Miller coming to UK as most people seemed to be. I believed most people were so high on Darius because of the success Lofton had from Mason County. Darius has not ended up being the great player a lot of people kept saying he would be when UK were recruiting him. However I admit he has been a key guy to have, especially the last 3 years under Cal. He is the type of role player/5th starter you need with the top talent coach Cal brings in.

 

Hickey is having a nice season. However there was no reason for Coach Cal to have tried to get Hickey instead of Teague. I think Coach Cal has a pretty good track record of knowing what pg's to truly go after. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.