Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New York Giants/New England Patriots Super Bowl Thread

Who will win Super Bowl XLVI? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win Super Bowl XLVI?

    • New York Giants
      65%
    • New England Patriots
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

^I think if everyone is healthy, I'd rank Eli #6, which is still elite IMO.

 

I'd rank them:

 

1) Brady

2) Brees

3) Rodgers

4) Manning, Peyton

5) Roethlisberger

6) Manning, Eli

 

I'd rather have Eli over Roethlisberger, especially if Eli gets super bowl #2 this year.

 

And I'm not sure Peyton should be included in any list right now considering we don't know if he's going to play again.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't stand it when these two played the 1st time. Two of my least favorite teams in the NFL. I think Brady is licking his chops to get another shot at NY. I'll take the Pats but might watch The Bud Bowl reruns on youtube instead. Just kidding ;P

Same.

I'm gonna go with the Patriots for a few reasons:

 

1) Love they way they play offense

2) I don't like Eli Manning

3) Everyone I work with is a Colts fan and make sure to make negative comments about my signed Dion Branch football displayed in my office. :D

This game is a coin flip. If the Giants can put enough pressure on Brady, I think they win. If they let him sit in the pocket and let him get comfortable, the Pats win by a TD.

I never thought Eli would be the best Manning to ever play but that day is near. The irony of this game being in Indy.......it's not even a passing of the torch. Eli is coming to take the torch.
Not even close to Peyton , but thats my opinion .
^I think if everyone is healthy, I'd rank Eli #6, which is still elite IMO.

 

I'd rank them:

 

1) Brady

2) Brees

3) Rodgers

4) Manning, Peyton

5) Roethlisberger

6) Manning, Eli

 

I can think of several I would take in front of Eli.

I can think of several I would take in front of Eli.

 

I'd love to see that list.

  • Author

At this point I would only take Rodgers, Brady and Brees in front of Eli.

The obvious Brady ,Brees ,Rodgers ,Stafford and Peyton if he returns .

 

I'd take Rivers ,Newton ,Roethlisberger ,I would have to think on Vick and possibly Romo with Matty Ryan being close .. I feel Romo and Eli are close but again this my opinion . I am not an Eli fan .

You judge Eli's status as elite right now based only on his career numbers? During the last 4 seasons his QB Rating that you factor so heavily into the success meter has been no lower than 85. It's also been above 92 two out of the last four seasons.

 

My question would be this. Who would you rate above him in the "elite" category? Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Roethlisberger? Are there only 4 elite QB's in your mind would top 5 be elite?

 

Then who?

 

Phillip Rivers?

Matt Ryan?

Joe Flacco?

Stafford?

Romo?

Vick?

Schaub?

 

I don't see how you could rate any of those guys ahead of Eli Manning at this point, considering he has 1 more super bowl than all of them, and 2 more super bowl appearances than all of them. And it's not like his numbers are just awful. You also have to remember he's played on a team that for many years since he's been there has focused a lot on running the ball consistently. They had Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Derrick Ward, etc. Eli wasn't asked to carry the load very often except maybe in crunch time. He was asked to carry the load this year, and he put up career best numbers.

 

Where do you cut off elite? His numbers the past 4 years put him in the top 25% which would be top 8. How many years do you want to use? 1? 4? Career? Top 10% would be right for me. That would be 3 to 4. It would be the obvious 4. Rodgers, Peyton, Brady and Brees. There is a HUGE dropoff after those 4 so no, I don't think Eli is elite or awesome. Is he good? Most certainly which is actually a jump above the average he's been for most of his career. As you pointed out, he put up his career best numbers and still only placed in the 5-8 rank out of 32-33? And that's only because his brother sat out the season.

  • Author

Eli's stats along with his knack for winning playoff games and a Super Bowl is what puts him ahead of others. Winning the Super Bowl has to count for something. Especially in a twelve year old millineum which has seen Brady win 3, Big Ben has 2, and Peyton, Eli, Rodgers and Brees all have 1. For me, Eli is now ELIte. #winning

Where do you cut off elite? His numbers the past 4 years put him in the top 25% which would be top 8. How many years do you want to use? 1? 4? Career? Top 10% would be right for me. That would be 3 to 4. It would be the obvious 4. Rodgers, Peyton, Brady and Brees. There is a HUGE dropoff after those 4 so no, I don't think Eli is elite or awesome. Is he good? Most certainly which is actually a jump above the average he's been for most of his career. As you pointed out, he put up his career best numbers and still only placed in the 5-8 rank out of 32-33? And that's only because his brother sat out the season.

 

And once again simple numbers mean very little. Yeah they look nice, but if you judge a QB by his numbers you'd think Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning and that simply isn't the case.

 

A list including Peyton right now is a bad list IMO. He's out right now. Outside of Rodgers, Brady and Brees, there isn't a QB other than maybe Roethlisberger that is as good as Eli.

The obvious Brady ,Brees ,Rodgers ,Stafford and Peyton if he returns .

 

I'd take Rivers ,Newton ,Roethlisberger ,I would have to think on Vick and possibly Romo with Matty Ryan being close .. I feel Romo and Eli are close but again this my opinion . I am not an Eli fan .

 

So you are telling me that you think Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, Peyton, Rivers, Newton, Roethlisberger, and maybe Ryan, Romo and Vick are better than Eli Manning? That's absolutely hilarious.

I'd love to see that list.

 

It's a laughable list that only an anti-Eli person would make. A list with Eli at 6 is reasonable. I disagree with it probably because I'm a Giants fan and I see what Eli does in the 4th quarter (no QB is better IMO). But it's better than having the QB's he listed over Eli. That's just ridiculous. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.